+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3859910;
    ...Her behavior - as shared by relatives, ex-friends, ex-husband, storeclerks, nannies, and now DWTS - is loathsome. And, in this regard, she is setting a loathsome example for the kids. IMO, time away to do the show is harmless to the kids; being a narcissist is anything but.

Kate needs to be taken down a few notches. I hope DWTS is the platform that does that.
    Just saw this:

Watch Dancing With The Stars: Dancing With the Stars Clips Online | Free on Fancast

Not a raving lunatic or anything, but her tone and body language at the end seem pretty fierce. Can't believe she claimed "dizziness" on such a slight turn and then went wiggy about it to Tony. I thought she was trying to "push herself" to set an example for the kids?

I would LOVE to see more of these types of videos. A slow death.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Belinda Carlise had an issue with turns where she got dizzy. Obviously Jonathan knew that was a bad sign, because every dance has rotation. Seems like Kate may be already trying to find a cop out.

So she said on Jay Leno she wanted to do the show because she can't dance and wants to laugh at herself-yet given the fact she can't take any form of criticism well, I don't think that's going to happen. No laughing, just going ape s*** at the judges if they attempt to criticize.

I think the show will try and push the new Kate agenda, probably one of the reasons Kate wanted to do the show. It distances her further from the Jon & Kate mess, yet she seems irked when asked if she's having nannies take care of the kids while she's in LA or can't take the criticism well like she'd been taking while she was on Jon & Kate.

While I respect those who do like Kate and plan on cheering her on-I think the longer she's on, the worse it'll be for her. I just don't see a radical "wow, look at Kate now!" type of make over. This isn't really the show to go to that extreme. Plus, I still believe, as others have said, where there's smoke there's fire-Kate didn't unfairly get this reputation, true or not. It came from somewhere. I highly doubt when she does mix and mingle with the cast that a lot of criticism and backstage gossip will come from the cast and crew. Possibly, but I don't think they're going to stoop to totally slamming her. Already one report says the cast/crew love her while another claims she's acting like the biggest celeb to ever set foot on the ballroom. There's a reason there, too, why Kate gets those types of articles written about her. Who else has ever had an article written about people liking them on this show?

She won't be the first alleged bad dance to outlast better ones, but I think there's a chance of a lot of break outs this season. In the few rehearsal bits I've seen of Kate, I don't think she looks that good, but she won't be the only one. Having the jive as her second dance I think will hurt her big time but having the VW as her first might help.

ETA: Tony just tweeted their number-they're going 10th. Uh. But I figured they'd save Kate until the end. And I'm sure every commerical break in between couples we'll see her grinning face backstage while Tom hypes her up as "coming up next". How exactly do they introduce someone like Kate? (and to anyone else that cares about the order, Chad/Cheryl are first, Niecy/Louis fifth, and Aiden/Edyta 9th). They got their numbers posted on their twitters.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-22-2010 at 02:04 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3856909;
    I can totally understand the diva comments. I guess I have always just viewed her as stressed and tightly wound. When I am very stressed I can become very self absorbed and my mind is constantly going thinking about a million different things. My husband could be speaking to me and I would have no idea because my mind is so preoccupied with this and that. I don't have 8 kids (never will, Lord willing hehe) and I have never gone through a public divorce so more than anything I get the extremely tense vibe from her. Especially on Kimmel did not see the View today.

I also can see her faking an injury to avoid being voted off.. haha
    This is how I see it. She is a very Type A, controlling, tightly wound person, so she gets to caught up with her own thoughts to relax and be friendly. It isn't an excuse, just a reason.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3859641;
    Doesn't this go both ways? If you haven't seen her dance, then how can she not have votes?
    I didn't said that she did or didn't have my votes. I didn't say that any of the dancers did, or did not, have my votes.

I guess I still thought it was a dance competition, and votes would go to the best dancer. Clearly, I was wrong.
    Last edited by StarryElf; 03-22-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3860276;
    I didn't said that she did or didn't have my votes. I didn't say that any of the dancers did, or did not, have my votes.

I guess I still thought it was a dance competition, and votes would go to the best dancer. Clearly, I was wrong.
    Even if Kate was the best, no question, could give Nicole the Ringer a lesson in dance, she still wouldn't get my votes. I just couldn't vote for this women. I have given votes to Louie and Ty in the past, because even though they were clearly on the worse side of the show, I get a lot more enjoyment out of them than Aaron, Mya, or Lil Kim. Erin and Aiden I'm giving votes more for the pros they're with, but I do like Erin. If they do completely bomb out and have no personality or entertaining qualities, then no, I'd probably take my votes elsewhere.

This show, like Idol, is always about popularity. People are organizing support groups for Kate to vote for her because they think she's been demonized by everyone and she needs the money. If she is the worst, and I'm really hoping she is because I'll be horrified if she's any good, I think they'll still vote for her. I think Nicole will benefit largely because of Derek. Buzz may get by on the sympathy factor. It's hard to say why people vote the way they do, and of course, being the best dancer is in the eye of the beholder, too I still think Brooke Burke is the most overrated winner on this show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3860276;

It's not a bad assumption to have. The problem ( as we discovered several seasons ago) is in what the individual person considers "best". What we found out is that there are many different ideas of who is the "best".

Last season for instance...
    Was Mya the "best" because technically she was the most proficient dancer even though she was a professional choreographer, etc.?
    Was Kelly the "best" because she epitomized what the show was all about, and she had come from so far with so little, etc.?
    Was Donnie the "best" because he had it overall going on and especially was great to be able to do it that well at 53 when the others were half his age?

What exactly is "best"?

We decided the only thing we could which is to vote for who you like best.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

So guys, how much more terrible would Kate have been if ABC did not install a dance studio in her home? I shudder to think...
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3860728;
    So guys, how much more terrible would Kate have been if ABC did not install a dance studio in her home? I shudder to think...
    I'll never be able to look at a shopping cart with a straight face again

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3860740;
    I'll never be able to look at a shopping cart with a straight face again
    I think that'll be a new tagline for Tony and this show. Dancing with the Stars-it's so easy, you'll think you're pushing a shopping cart.

How many times can it be said? Poor Tony. He looked miserable tonight, he looked miserable in the rehearsal video, and I'm sure he was wishing he got Erin. When you think about their performance, that's exactly what he looked like-pushing a shopping cart. She had this cheesy smile that looked completely fake plastered on her face throughout the whole dance that I wasn't sure if she had that permanently put on there so she'd have a smile. The entire dance was a mess. She has the jive next week. God help that dance. Unless she complains and ABC gives her a better story arc, I think these two are better off being eliminated. If they give performances and come across like they did this week, no way will Kate win any brownie points with the media or viewers.

And what was up with her comment? My children can sleep easy now?

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3860754;
    I think that'll be a new tagline for Tony and this show. Dancing with the Stars-it's so easy, you'll think you're pushing a shopping cart.

How many times can it be said? Poor Tony. He looked miserable tonight, he looked miserable in the rehearsal video, and I'm sure he was wishing he got Erin. When you think about their performance, that's exactly what he looked like-pushing a shopping cart. She had this cheesy smile that looked completely fake plastered on her face throughout the whole dance that I wasn't sure if she had that permanently put on there so she'd have a smile. The entire dance was a mess. She has the jive next week. God help that dance. Unless she complains and ABC gives her a better story arc, I think these two are better off being eliminated. If they give performances and come across like they did this week, no way will Kate win any brownie points with the media or viewers.

And what was up with her comment? My children can sleep easy now?
    Yeah, like they are up at night fretting about how their mom is going to perform. Kate...get over yourself!

+ Reply to Thread