+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast

Thread: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

Re: Kate Gosselin & Tony Dovolani - Season 10

When the ass kissy BALLASes diss you? You must REALLY suck.

And its amazing to think that means that Shannen Doherty, of all people, is "nicer" than Kate G.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha_Brown;3859525;
    Because I like her and I think she's is a strong woman.
    You are completely entitled to an opinion--let me make that clear straight off.

But for me, I don't ever see it as being all that "strong" to build your "career" on the backs of your children. Just my two cents on her. Its bad enough when people in show biz families do that, but its even a hair worse when its just about exploiting their very existence rather than any specific talents.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-21-2010 at 09:28 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3859771;

And its amazing to think that means that Shannen Doherty, of all people, is "nicer" than Kate G.

But for me, I don't ever see it as being all that "strong" to build your "career" on the backs of your children. Just my two cents on her. Its bad enough when people in show biz families do that, but its even a hair worse when its just about exploiting their very existence rather than any specific talents.
    Krom, I couldn't agree with you (and the two posters that proceeded you) more.
    As far as voting or not voting based on who you like, each season as the contestants are announced I have in my mind who I think I"ll vote for. This may be based on me liking the contestant or the pro with which they're partnered. This oftens changes as the competition commences. People whom I like personally have performed so badly I couldn't continue to vote for them. Some, like Mya, are great performers but things I find out in the course of the season change their "likeability" for me. Then you get someone like Louis from last season who charmed me enough to want them to stay around longer than their dancing skills warrant.
    There are those, say if Hitler were to be on - to use an extreme example - most of us would be repulsed and know there's NO WAY we'd vote for him even if he danced like Fred Astaire. Like I said, an extreme example but an idea of how strongly many of us feel about unlikeable contestants like Kate or even Jake - even before seeing them dance.
    So NO, she won't get my votes, not a one.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3859771;

Makes me think of Aaron Carter last season and the financial trouble his family got him in. Worse, I wonder if Kate down the road could be the new Dina Lohan who asks her kids not to identify her as their mother and clings to them for fame (as I don't think we've see the end of Kate's transformations, so if she keeps getting people to pay for it, she'll probably end up looking like a cross between Priscilla Presley and Lil Kim).

I've resigned myself to the fact that Kate isn't going anywhere, at least not at first. She's too polarizing and controversial that even if she was far and away the absolute worst, I think others who might be better or who at least have potential to improve will lose out on fanbase. I don't think the show will let their "investment" go away until they can get other storylines going with other couples. For now, she's the most talked about celeb. Niecy who? I don't think I've heard anything about her since the cast reveal. Besides, some people keep people like Kate around to tick the masses off, and others will power vote for her to prove a point. I don't see Kate getting any image make over, though I'm sure the show will probably jam that down the throats of viewers that she's not this horrible diva we've seen plastered all over the tabloids and Jon & Kate, and she's really doing this because she's a broke single mom despite the fact she'll take $21,000 in free hair extension. I think the judges will be kind in their criticism to go along with that image they're trying to create, but I hope no one really falls for it.

The most troublesome thing about Kate being on the show is that she has somehow managed to successfully cross networks! from cable to mainstream network, and continues to make big $$$ at the expense of her own children. Lifetime and ABC, and of course they do it to make mega-$$$. I STILL don't understand why CPS has not taken those children out of Kate's "care".

Krom, I hear you and agree with you.

Another sad thing is, even if we vote against her (and the voting process isn't corrupted by DWTS and ABC), she still gets whatever monetary deal she made. This reminds me so much of charities where only 10% or less goes to the intended recipients.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3859880;
    The most troublesome thing about Kate being on the show is that she has somehow managed to successfully cross networks! from cable to mainstream network, and continues to make big $$$ at the expense of her own children. Lifetime and ABC, and of course they do it to make mega-$$$. I STILL don't understand why CPS has not taken those children out of Kate's "care".

Krom, I hear you and agree with you.

Another sad thing is, even if we vote against her (and the voting process isn't corrupted by DWTS and ABC), she still gets whatever monetary deal she made. This reminds me so much of charities where only 10% or less goes to the intended recipients.
    Let me preface this upfront by saying again that I only know her by gossip reputation; however, I am confused. Who is paying to raise these kids? Is she the one that is supporting them or is the ex or somebody else?

In other words, is it understood that the children are financially supported by someone else, and this money she is making (on DWTS) will not be expected to go towards the children's support?
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Why would her children be taken out of her care? At what point has she ever been proven to be an unfit mother? Lots of people work and their kids are taken care of by nannies.......I really don't get why this is such a problem for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3859887;
    Let me preface this upfront by saying again that I only know her by gossip reputation; however, I am confused. Who is paying to raise these kids? Is she the one that is supporting them or is the ex or somebody else?

In other words, is it understood that the children are financially supported by someone else, and this money she is making (on DWTS) will not be expected to go towards the children's support?
    I must "self correct" because this thread is supposed to be only about Kate and Tony on DWTS. Apologies, mods.

There's a very long thread about Kate and Jon plus 8.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3859765;
    About 4 seasons ago after we hashed it over ad nauseum, we came to the (sad but true) conclusion that this isn't a contest where the best dancer wins - there are way too many variables involved in "best". What we decided is that to a large degree this is a popularity contest where we hope the winner can at least at the end dance respectfully well, he or she must have given it everything he/she had - and that person must not be a professional. Then, not all of us of course will be happy, but we won't be completely hacked off.
    I remember that discussion! And it still seems to crop up to a degree every season, I guess, and I just wanted to add that they do say to vote for your 'favorite' rather than who you think is the best dancer.

As a total side note, the only contestants I've ever voted for are the two Dallas Cowboys that have been on DWTS, though, so for me it would be a 'vote if there's a Dallas Cowboy in this season'.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Denna40;3859897;
    Why would her children be taken out of her care? At what point has she ever been proven to be an unfit mother? Lots of people work and their kids are taken care of by nannies.......I really don't get why this is such a problem for people.

I have no problem with what J&K did, i.e. going on a show to earn money. I'd do the same think in a heart beat - kids 'n all - if it meant a better life for the kids. And, no one can convince me that their show did an ounce of harm to the kids (the divorce and related media attention is a different story).

In addition, I generally don't have a problem with the travelling and time away from home that J&K (mostly Kate) did/does. I know women who are on the road for their jobs around 50% of the time - all the while raising children (good children). Some poor people work work 2-3 jobs to put food on the table and are home maybe even less than that.

I don't think a stint on DWTS is going to do anything even remotely harmful to the kids. In fact, I bet they will get a kick out of seeing her on the show. And, I think Kate is right in that she is setting a good example for them, e.g. work hard, try things out of your comfort zone, etc.

I actually think Kate loves her kids and in practical matters (food, clothing, etc.) she does a good job of raising them. Where she goes wrong - both in general and as a mother - is that she is, simply put, self-centered and mean. DWTS is just one more on a long list of sources that haven't said nice things about her. Think about it...if her DWTS castmate liked her, they would say as much. The most they can do is aim for diplomacy. That can't be good.

Her behavior - as shared by relatives, ex-friends, ex-husband, storeclerks, nannies, and now DWTS - is loathsome. And, in this regard, she is setting a loathsome example for the kids. IMO, time away to do the show is harmless to the kids; being a narcissist is anything but.

Kate needs to be taken down a few notches. I hope DWTS is the platform that does that.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-22-2010 at 01:14 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3859825;
    ...I've resigned myself to the fact that Kate isn't going anywhere, at least not at first. She's too polarizing and controversial that even if she was far and away the absolute worst, I think others who might be better or who at least have potential to improve will lose out on fanbase. I don't think the show will let their "investment" go away until they can get other storylines going with other couples. For now, she's the most talked about celeb. Niecy who? I don't think I've heard anything about her since the cast reveal. Besides, some people keep people like Kate around to tick the masses off, and others will power vote for her to prove a point. I don't see Kate getting any image make over, though I'm sure the show will probably jam that down the throats of viewers that she's not this horrible diva we've seen plastered all over the tabloids and Jon & Kate, and she's really doing this because she's a broke single mom despite the fact she'll take $21,000 in free hair extension. I think the judges will be kind in their criticism to go along with that image they're trying to create, but I hope no one really falls for it.
    Unfortunately, I think you are right.

Geesh! $21,000 hair extensions....I hope Kate keeps it up because that means she can't keep using the "I took that job for for the sake of the kids!" line. It still amazes me that people buy that line with stories like these all over the place.

Trying to be objective....I read elsewhere that they were only $7,000. Regardless, $7,000 is a semester's worth of college tuition for my son. Kate is no longer a poor, single mother if she is spending money like this - in this way.

+ Reply to Thread