+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

Nicole Scherzinger

PARTNER: Derek Hough

PROFESSION: Singer/Songwriter

BACKGROUND: Nicole Scherzinger was born in Honolulu and grew up in Louisville, Kentucky. She’s a singer, songwriter, trained actress, performer and the lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls. Nicole was asked to join the Pussycat Dolls recording group as the lead singer after being recognized from her success on the TV show Popstars and the group Eden’s Crush.

The Pussycat Dolls 2006 debut album PCD went double-platinum in America and sold over nine million copies worldwide with several Top-10 hits songs including Don't Cha, Buttons and Stickwitu. Following the success of PCD, Nicole recorded a series of duets and guest vocal appearances with artists such as P.Diddy, 50 Cent, Timbaland, Vittorio and several others.

Nicole also released two solo singles and videos before recording the second Pussycat Dolls Album, Doll Domination, which has sold over 5 million copies containing hits like When I Grow Up and I Hate This Part. She has toured the globe as a headline act for over six years, playing stadiums and arenas and appearing on countless TV shows worldwide.

In 2009, Nicole recorded an adaptation of the AR Rahman Song Jai Ho from the film Slumdog Millionaire. The song hit #1 in 17 different countries. Nicole is currently writing and recording new songs for release in 2010 while pursuing her love for acting and musical theater. With such a busy schedule, we're sure glad she found time to do a little Dancing with the Stars!

ABC.com - Meet the Stars

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

I've been a fan of Nicole's every since she was part of the group Edens Crush from the
    Pre-American Idol Show Popstars.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Who is John Galt?

So Derek scored again and got the beautiful ringer. He must have an in somewhere in the selection process.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I have one of Eden's Crush's singles on CD somewhere, but never knew Nicole was part of that group. I remember Popstars. And while I've heard of the PCD wouldn't be able to pick Nicole out of a line up as being part of that group.

So Derek gets the pretty, young, can-wear-skimpy-costumes-oozes-sex-appeal ringer again, huh? And of course the judges will act like they've never seen it from him before I don't know how he gets lucky every.single.season. I won't be surprised to see Derek hoisted on the shoulders of his BFF Mark at the end while Nicole's pushed to the side, but I guess I'll hope the rest of the pack can break out and give them a run for their money. I just don't think the judges will let go of their bias with Derek like they would if someone else had Nicole.

I think Derek's going to look like a little boy next to Nicole.
    She's a whole lotta woman.

I hear there's some bitterness between her and the other membres of PCD and that some fans blame Nicole for the group splitting up.
    I have no idea if this is true (I didn't eve know they'd split) or if it'll play any part whatsoever in her success on this show.
    I imagine she'll dance very well though, but would have liked to have seem her paired with Maks.
    I think Joanna looked better the week she danced with Maks last year too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3846759;

I hear there's some bitterness between her and the other membres of PCD and that some fans blame Nicole for the group splitting up.
    I have no idea if this is true (I didn't eve know they'd split) or if it'll play any part whatsoever in her success on this show.
    I imagine she'll dance very well though, but would have liked to have seem her paired with Maks.
    I don't like Maks' arrogant attitude, but I think pretty much any one of them would look better dancing with him!
    Even though he has a smart mouth, he is a fine - looking man, and he dances wonderfully.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Just want to go on record...I predict final two to be Nicole against Evan.

And I'm so glad I'm not the only one who remembers PopStars! I have the Eden's Crush CD...gave it my kids a few years ago. They still love it. HA!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3846759;

‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 10 Class Photos | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

Here are the official pictures of all the couples-and you called it about Derek and Nicole. I had to laugh at poor Tony, he looks totally stiff next to Kate.

I never followed the PCD that closely, but I wasn't aware they broke up, either. I used to be a huge Spice Girls fan and disliked Mel B for being the reason my favorite left the group, so had she not been paired with Maks, I probably wouldn't have voted for her. Although I never really liked her to begin with, either I doubt it'll play a huge role and even if it did, Derek's got his own huge fanbase, which includes the producers and the judges, so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. But I can always wish I also have to agree with you about Maks/Joanna. Didn't like her either but to get to see Maks come back, yeah, I'll deal. I think it might just be the two different approaches they seem to take. Derek seems to be more about gimmicks, using his partner's sex appeal first, and being a ham, whereas Maks seems to go more along the lines of doing the basics and showcasing the dance, and forgetting all the cheesy effects.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3847900;
    ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 10 Class Photos | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

Here are the official pictures of all the couples-and you called it about Derek and Nicole. I had to laugh at poor Tony, he looks totally stiff next to Kate.

I never followed the PCD that closely, but I wasn't aware they broke up, either. I used to be a huge Spice Girls fan and disliked Mel B for being the reason my favorite left the group, so had she not been paired with Maks, I probably wouldn't have voted for her. Although I never really liked her to begin with, either I doubt it'll play a huge role and even if it did, Derek's got his own huge fanbase, which includes the producers and the judges, so they aren't going anywhere anytime soon. But I can always wish I also have to agree with you about Maks/Joanna. Didn't like her either but to get to see Maks come back, yeah, I'll deal. I think it might just be the two different approaches they seem to take. Derek seems to be more about gimmicks, using his partner's sex appeal first, and being a ham, whereas Maks seems to go more along the lines of doing the basics and showcasing the dance, and forgetting all the cheesy effects.
    Based on those pictures, Aiden is hot oh my very hot. Derek looks like once again he will get the judges going crazy for him and his latest sexpot. Tony is such a genuine guy, and I feel for him always getting the stinkers. He deserves so much better. Shannon Doherty is ugly. I know that is mean, but she is just flat out plain ugly. Jake looks the same in every picture with the same pose. He always looks like his head is floating above his body. That girl with Maks is gorgeous, and if she is single man they would be hot together. Pam Anderson needs to lay off the plastic surgery.

I have always liked Derek I wish them the best.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 35 1234567891011 ... LastLast