+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

She is good, most probably a ringer - but in the end it doesn't matter. It might take her to the finals, but the fan bases are the deciding factor - if she ends up in the end with Pam Anderson and Kate Gosselin - who would you prefer to win? Hard to say if Pam or Kate can even improve to the point that Nicole danced on night 1, but in a season 8 with Gilles, Melissa and Shawn Johnson, it was clear that the fan base decided the winner.

I loved watching Nicole dance and it makes me want to keep watching, since she clearly has 'it' and the show needs that so that it's not just about watching people without rhythm trying to dance.

I said it in another thread, and bares repeating here. This show is cast with train wrecks, potentials and sure things every season - Nicole is one of the sure things, if the fans want her there. [mod edit]
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-25-2010 at 04:51 PM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3862733;
    Can you check with the Board of Education or call the school itself and ask if the students attend classes only in their specialty or if they get related classes as well. In other words, would a performing arts singer get dance class as well.
    I can. As a matter of fact I'll FB a friend who went there also. Get his view. I do know that they have to take general courses also at the "sister" school. I'll see what I can find out.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3862753;
    She is good, most probably a ringer - but in the end it doesn't matter. It might take her to the finals, but the fan bases are the deciding factor - if she ends up in the end with Pam Anderson and Kate Gosselin - who would you prefer to win? Hard to say if Pam or Kate can even improve to the point that Nicole danced on night 1, but in a season 8 with Gilles, Melissa and Shawn Johnson, it was clear that the fan base decided the winner.

I loved watching Nicole dance and it makes me want to keep watching, since she clearly has 'it' and the show needs that so that it's not just about watching people without rhythm trying to dance.

I said it in another thread, and bares repeating here. This show is cast with train wrecks, potentials and sure things every season - Nicole is one of the sure things, if the fans want her there.[mod edit].
    [mod edit] I know the ringer argument and whether or not they deserve to be here and are judged fairly and accordingly goes round and round with no resolution, so I'll just stand by my previous argument. Nicole is so far ahead of everyone dance wise that while they're all sweating to improve and getting critiqued by the judges for the smallest flaw, she's going to whiz right by them and get 10s just for shaking her booty. I'm sure the jive will just be the start in a string of the hot, sexy, skimpy outfit Latin dances. I'm sure all the pros wish they could be as confident as Derek that they'd be in it for the long haul. He's the other reason I don't expect any fair critique. The judges probaby won't judge her at her level, because she's not at the same level as everyone else. The way CA and Bruno gush you'd think that Derek taught her to dance that good from week 1. Maybe it's a false impression they're making of the guy. I don't know. Why he's so popular with them and the show, I really don't know. I realize he has a huge fan base with the audience, but a lot of the pros do, too. Is his really that much more of a landslide in comparision to the other pros? And if he was really that popular that they felt it warranted giving him the sure thing every season, or at least a semi-sure thing every season, he'd probably find something else to do in Hollywood rather than perform with a bunch of C and D listers on a dance show. It's just going to be the same old song and dance this season where he's concerned. He'll do no wrong by CA and Bruno, Len will play bad cop, they'll play tag team against him, and at some point grumpy grumps will change his tune and start giving out 9s and 10s for them. Like I said, give me more Shannen's, Erin's, Chad's, Niecy's, and Aiden's. They have the potential there and will have to really work to look anything like Nicole at this stage.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-25-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: no Dial Idol outside of the DI thread.

Who is John Galt?

As my son says "Derek gets all the hot girls". Nicole is beautiful (a local girl from Hawaii), terrific dancer, and sweet personality. Derek will probably try to get in her pants before the season is over (oops did I really say that).

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3862733;
    Can you check with the Board of Education or call the school itself and ask if the students attend classes only in their specialty or if they get related classes as well. In other words, would a performing arts singer get dance class as well.
    What does it matter? Even if she took dance classes, it wouldn't have been ballroom dancing. I don't get the appeal of the "A-HA!" here.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3863127;
    As my son says "Derek gets all the hot girls". Nicole is beautiful (a local girl from Hawaii), terrific dancer, and sweet personality. Derek will probably try to get in her pants before the season is over (oops did I really say that).

I have never / ever gotten that vibe from him. And, none of my friends has ever gotten it, either. We always thought he was g*y.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3863127;
    She was born in Hawaii, but grew up in Louisville, KY.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3863146;
    What does it matter? Even if she took dance classes, it wouldn't have been ballroom dancing. I don't get the appeal of the "A-HA!" here.
    Many,many moons ago I grew up dancing - tap, ballet, modern jazz. I even took a couple of ballet classes in college. At the time, while it might not have been a cake walk to have gone in and conquered ballroom dancing, I can honestly tell you that it would have been much easier for me than it is for those people with no dance experience.

"Pull your bum in" was referred to as "Tuck your rear in" and it meant a certain way that the rear muscles are tightened so that the rear pulls in and appears to tuck under.

I knew how to arch my back so that shoulders were straight, and I carried myself well - with the air of a dancer. (carriage) When the foot was lifted, it was arched and the toe pointed down.

Arms were worked on repeatedly so that they appeared light and fluid instead of heavy.
    Hands were rounded instead of fingers sticking out straight.

This could go on and on. With jazz, the idea was to become loose and limber with hips that swizzled while the top of the body stayed still.

There is a tremendous, tremendous advantage especially to someone who has had modern dance training because that person has gotten some of all what I have been describing.

That is what happened with Mya last season. I could spot her advantage almost immediately.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3863160;
    About 8 years ago I had Eden's Crush album cover as my computer's wallpaper. A guy I worked with walked in and said, hey that's Nicole, I used to be her supervisor when she was just 16 years old performing at SixFlags Louisville. I remembered thinking, I thought she was from Hawaii.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3863160;
    Nicole's taken and well taken. She is with Lewis Hamilton a Brit. Formula 1 (F1) champion 2008 at a tender age of 23/24. In his rookie year he almost became the youngest person to become formula champion. He missed it by a few points at the final race, but took the title his second year. He is in his thrid year driving Maclaren. He was pictured full on at least three times after Nicole danced and during the judges critique. Has class and money, and lives mostly in Switzerland.

+ Reply to Thread