+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

I don't comment on the board too often but you can add me into the mix as someone not impressed with Derek. He may be gifted as a choreographer yet he hasn't shown any talent as far as being able to "train" someone like Kate or Macy Gray. Until he can showboat that talent with someone without dancing experience or natural ability I would find it hard to say he is the best choreographer on the show. Maybe he can't do it and so the show gives him these women because of these limitations. I haven't watched all the seasons but I have never enjoyed Derek or his antics. Something about his personality just grates.

The best dance of the season hands down, Evan and Anna's PASO. Even the "artist" who isn't like everyone else couldn't pull off a dance like that.

I like when the pros dance to the musical guests but I don't want to see "pros" dance in the competition. Arguing that Nicole wasn't a pro is just down right naive. She went to a performing arts school. That is a professional. Period.

I watched the show through Erin and Maks being eliminated, their final dance, fast forwarded to Anna and Evan and then turned it off. Sorry, couldn't stand watching "Dancing with the Pros". Didn't need to see the 3 judges salivate over the professionals winning.

With luck he won't be on next season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bjaminsmom;3920659;
    I don't comment on the board too often but you can add me into the mix as someone not impressed with Derek. He may be gifted as a choreographer yet he hasn't shown any talent as far as being able to "train" someone like Kate or Macy Gray. Until he can showboat that talent with someone without dancing experience or natural ability I would find it hard to say he is the best choreographer on the show. Maybe he can't do it and so the show gives him these women because of these limitations. I haven't watched all the seasons but I have never enjoyed Derek or his antics. Something about his personality just grates.

The best dance of the season hands down, Evan and Anna's PASO. Even the "artist" who isn't like everyone else couldn't pull off a dance like that.

I like when the pros dance to the musical guests but I don't want to see "pros" dance in the competition. Arguing that Nicole wasn't a pro is just down right naive. She went to a performing arts school. That is a professional. Period.

I watched the show through Erin and Maks being eliminated, their final dance, fast forwarded to Anna and Evan and then turned it off. Sorry, couldn't stand watching "Dancing with the Pros". Didn't need to see the 3 judges salivate over the professionals winning.

With luck he won't be on next season.
    I think I'd argue that out of all the pros, Louis is probably the best teacher/choreographer. True, he's never had a Kate or Macy type that was beyond hopeless no matter what or who they had, but he did have Lisa Rinna, Monique Coleman, Priscilla Presley, Kelly Osbourne, and Niecy. He had to overcome nerves and dancing skills with all of them, and despite a low placement with Priscilla (and first boot with his first ever partner, Trista), he's done relatively well. Kelly was originally paired with Mark but wanted someone different, someone who could teach her and set her straight and keep her in line. I think that says a lot. If Derek's back next season, and I have no reason to believe he won't be, I hope at least he gets a more difficult dancing partner. Not someone who has potential like Joanna Krupa, where the judges will ignore her flaws and Derek can hide them by his gimmicks, but who they try and pass off as being difficult. And I also hope Mark doesn't luck out, or Julianne, and I'm really suspecting she'll be back. I don't know, maybe getting hurt in the ratings by having the trio excel again will be a wake up call. I can see why people like them, and I still like Julianne. There's things about Derek I enjoy, though Mark I can easily do without. But it'd be nice to get a final 3 next season with pros who haven't made it in many seasons. And I'll even take Kym, Maks, Louis, Tony, and Anna, only because they don't get that lucky very often.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-01-2010 at 10:27 PM.

ITA with all of the above comments. The first season I watched was one Derek wasn't even on. He came in to help Julianne and Apolo dance. I just "knew" him as Julianne's brother, but didn't know anything else about him. I don't mind him; what I DO mind is the judges' seeming to pander to him and Mark and probably Julianne (at least what I remember). Let's spread the wealth around. TPTB - listen to your judge. He said the show has "some of the most talented pros around." Let's not showcase just a few!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Nicole is spending the summer with NPH! (Yes I'm jealous)
    "Dancing with the Stars" Winner Scherzinger Set for Hollywood Bowl Rent; Ensemble Announced

By Andrew Gans
    04 Jun 2010

Nicole Scherzinger, solo artist, lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls, and this season's winner of "Dancing With the Stars," will play Maureen in the Hollywood Bowl's upcoming production of the Pulitzer Prize-winning Rent.

She joins the previously reported Vanessa Hudgens as Mimi, Emmy winner and Grammy nominee Wayne Brady as Tom Collins, Next to Normal's Aaron Tveit as Roger, Spring Awakening's Skylar Astin as Mark, Collins Pennie as Benjamin (“Benny”) Coffin III, Tracy Thoms as Joanne, Pacific Overtures' Telly Leung as Angel with original Broadway Renter Gwen Stewart.

The newly announced ensemble comprises Yassmin Alers, Eric B. Anthony, King Aswad, Susan Beaubian, David Burtka, Kathy Deitch, Sam Given, Rachael Harris, Tricia Kelly, Ethan Le Phong, Kristolyn Lloyd, Zarah Mahler, Laura Mixon, Jason Paige, MiRi Park, and Brandon Wardell.

Stage and screen star Neil Patrick Harris, an Emmy nominee for his work in "How I Met Your Mother," will make his musical directorial debut with the summer production. Harris has a long association with the Jonathan Larson musical: He played Mark Cohen in both the Los Angeles and second national touring productions of the Tony-winning Rent. His performance garnered him a Drama League Award.

Tim Weil, the original musical supervisor and conductor for Broadway's Rent, will be the musical director for the Hollywood Bowl's fully staged production. Jamal Sims will choreograph.

Three performances of Rent will be seen at the famed California venue Aug. 6-8. The Bowl has presented acclaimed productions of Les Miserables and Guys and Dolls in recent summers.

The Hollywood Bowl is located at 2301 N. Highland Ave. in Hollywood, CA. For more information visit HollywoodBowl.com or call (800) 745-3000.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Nicole Scherzinger Will Be The Final Stand-In Judge For Dannii Minogue - Celebrity Gossip, News & Photos, Movie Reviews, Competitions - Entertainmentwise

Nicole Scherzinger has been confirmed to stand-in for pregnant judge Dannii Minogue, in the final leg of the X Factor auditions in Manchester. But while X Factor wannabes may be excited to perform infront of a real Pussycat Doll, there is one person who may not be so thrilled about the decision.

Cheryl Cole famously slagged of the American singer in an interview four years ago.

The Geordie lass laid into the Pussycat Dolls suggesting that they couldn't sing.

But the not so sweet X Factor sweetheart didn't stop there and said: “ "I don't think she (Nicole) stands out at all."

Adding that Nicole is nowhere near as good as Beyonce or Christina Agurella.

We get it Chezza you wont be buying any of Nicole's music anytime soon.

But perhaps Cheryls feeling towards Nicole have softened thanks to her hunky new man dancer Derek Hough.

Cheryl recently jetted of on holiday with him following his victory with Nicole on the US version of Strictly Come Dancing with Derek. Either that or we'll finally get to see a proper X-Factor judges scrap- is it bad that we're a teeny bit excited about that?!
    Leave it to the media to bring up comments made 4 years ago and make them sound relevant. I think Derek and Nicole came out of DWTS friends (even though I personally thought something about them seemed off). I wonder if Derek's romance with Cheryl helped Nicole land this gig. But I guess the rumors of her doing Strictly are false (and probably Derek having anything to do with the show). If she was really even eligible.

+ Reply to Thread