+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

For once, as much as it pains me to admit it, I can't argue that Derek didn't deserve his 30. It was well deserved. Paso is definitely his strong point, as he hasn't let me down in that field yet (though I'm over the kid I do enjoy some of his routines). I didn't think they would crash and burn, but was curious how they'd pull off the 50s attire and music, since I figured that was going to be their one obstacle.

But Nicole needs an attitude adjustment. For a girl that does no wrong with at least two judges, who has an extremely popular pro, and who has a boatload more dance experience that she herself could probably not get picked out of a line up of the pros compared to the others, I find her whining petty. She complains she doesn't do this for a living? The girl is a dancer! CA said it herself, she can find no flaws with her and said she's the best dancer they've ever had. No one that came even with half the experience as Nicole would get remarks like that. If they're trying to make her look sympathetic and like she's at as much of a disadvantage as the others, they aren't succeeding. As a dancer, I enjoy Derek, but as a pro who's supposed to be teaching his partner (and not getting help from them), I'm over the show's infatuation of Derek-butt kissing. I think this show will have a much different, less biased feel once Derek and Mark are gone. I know I'll enjoy it more, and who knows, I may learn to miss them. Nicole is as good as in the finals, and this is her's to lose. I would hope next season, maybe, finally, since Derek would be equal to the wins of his sister and best friend, that they'd finally give him his overdue Cloris Leachman dud of a partner.

I wonder where Nicole is falling with the fan votes.....great dancing, but I wonder if it will be enough to win. I'd rather she win over Evan.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I cannot stand Nicole. She is a whiny, snappy, bossy person who never appears happy to me. Even when the judges Carrie Ann & Bruno are drooling all over her and making her sound like a goddess, she looks like she'd rather slap them.. WTF?!?

I feel bad for Derek, he is a fun-loving guy and is stuck with her. Blah.

I just don't see that. She comes from the rock world, so she may have a different demeanor than an Olympic athlete or a professional broadcaster. But just because she doesn't do "bubbly", I don't instantly equate that with being cold or insincere. She's tough on herself, not others. It would be nice if she could lighten up and try to have more fun during the whole process, but isn't that Erin's problem too?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Nicole and Derek were fantastic, but again, they do not belong in this competition. It's like Nicole and Derek are at the top of Mt. Everest and the other four are down at sea level. Undoubtedly, Nicole works her butt off 1) because she's that hard on herself/perfectionistic 2) she wants to win, but their dancing overshadows everyone else.

It's a broken record by now, but if the show is about improvement, that goes to any one of the other 4 couples, not Nicole and Derek.

At this point, it's a combination of things that might have people turned off to any one of the couples: personality, dance style, appearance. From the boards, I see more people complaining after last night's performance about Nicole's unfair advantage and then secondly about her personality.

Credit is due, though: Both dances belong in a Broadway show.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;3899566;
    Nicole and Derek were fantastic, but again, they do not belong in this competition. It's like Nicole and Derek are at the top of Mt. Everest and the other four are down at sea level. Undoubtedly, Nicole works her butt off 1) because she's that hard on herself/perfectionistic 2) she wants to win, but their dancing overshadows everyone else.

It's a broken record by now, but if the show is about improvement, that goes to any one of the other 4 couples, not Nicole and Derek.

At this point, it's a combination of things that might have people turned off to any one of the couples: personality, dance style, appearance. From the boards, I see more people complaining after last night's performance about Nicole's unfair advantage and then secondly about her personality.

Credit is due, though: Both dances belong in a Broadway show.
    I couldn't agree with this more! As I posted in another thread, she has made a dance DVD! The description says right on the cover that Nicole Scherzinger teaches dance moves? What more do people want?

I also didn't like the clip where she was telling Derek what to do with the choreography. It would be one thing to suggest it, or ask him what he thinks about it, but she looked like she could be one of the pros on this show - maybe she will be!

I don't think anything will change and she'll take it all. I haven't watched THAT long, but I enjoyed the previous seasons where there wasn't an obvious winner. That is the reason I won't vote for her.

I'm tired of the tears in the rehearsal packages.
    It seems like she cries practically every week.
    Her supposed doubts about her ability don't seem sincere to me.

It really doesn't matter to me that her training isn't within the ballroom disciplines, you only have to watch SYTYCD to see how people who know how to dacne can adapt to styles other than the one they were principally trained in.

I also wish she'd have more fun and don't understand why she isn't.
    Perhaps her frontrunner status thanks to the wonderful performances she's turned in make her anxious to keep up that standard, but I see nothing to indicate she wouldn't be capable of doing so through this season and the next two for that matter.

Having said that, I do enjoy watching her, it really is like watching two pros when she dances with Derek.
    When team Gaga got the encore cha cha cha last week there was very little difference between Cheryl, Chelsie and Nicole, imo.

I still don't know if she'll win.
    If the winner was determined purely by judges scores I think she'd win hands down, but the fan vote has to be factored in.
    Most of us aren't qualified to really determine who's the best dancer and we're never asked to do that anyway.
    People can vote for someone or tactically against someone, because they like them or dislike them or because they play for their favourite sports team.
    "That's Numberwang!"

IMO, Nicole is an accomplished pro dancer and for that reason I pray she doesn't win.

I also don't want her to get the trophy because she reminds me of a high school girl who wrings her hands and laments, for days before a test, because she's positive she's going to flunk only to come out with an A. I cannot stand that personality trait and Nicole has it....BIG TIME. She really needs to grow up.

I won't vote for her ever...and if Derek is back next season I hope he gets paired with some nasty heifer with two left feet.

I think there's always going to be people on DWTS that have obviously had more dance training than others. I remember getting very upset over it when Mario Lopez was on the same season as Emmitt Smith. And maybe that only worked out for Emmitt because he has such huge name recognition. But there's not anything anyone can really do about it - and I don't think it's necessarily Nicole's fault either even though she may be the most obvious dancer DWTS has had on thus far - but I think it's maybe better to move past the anger stage into acceptance regarding the dance experience part of it, at least at some point, just because I don't think it's likely to change. JMO.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread