+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

didn't popstar stars the all american idol thing? i remember that show being hugely popular on abc.
    there was one girl frrom tv guide, who was part of the group

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;3850603;
    didn't popstar stars the all american idol thing? i remember that show being hugely popular on abc.
    there was one girl frrom tv guide, who was part of the group
    Yep, Quite a few of the ladies that didn't make it on Popstars tried out for the 1st and 2nd seasons of Idol with 2 making it to the semi-finals on Idol.

Rosanna Tavares
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 03-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Hopefully the fact that this thread is one of the shorter ones means that people are as sick of this camera mugger getting the ringer every season, and finally he will be voted out early. Everyone says he is good, well yes he is, but if you have a good dancer every season, it makes it easier.

I wouldn't say that. Lots of people don't like Derek, lots of others (such as me) like him. I'd say the short thread has more to do with nobody knowing who the heck Nicole is.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3856692;
    I wouldn't say that. Lots of people don't like Derek, lots of others (such as me) like him. I'd say the short thread has more to do with nobody knowing who the heck Nicole is.
    I like him too and Mark. I see all the hate for those two, but I like them fine. I use to not like Maks, but I have come around and like him too.

The only one I dislike and haven't changed my mind on in Karina. I would be fine if she left and never came back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3856692;
    I didn't know who she was off hand, but from looking at her pictures, she sure is pretty. Regardless of whether Derek gets on people's nerves with his antics, he is a fantastic dancer and choreographer. My first perception is that her looks and his gifts give her a great start unless she just simply can't move well at all.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't dislike Derek like I do other pros, I'm just tired of him. He's never had anywhere close to a bad partner that he really had to work on, and I feel like he is the Golden Boy of the judges and the producers who can do no wrong. Last season, Len blasted Dmitry/Mya for having too many gimmicks in their routines, but Derek swung down from a rope for either their jive or salsa and that doesn't count as a gimmick? And that was the other thing, he and Joanna had about every sexy latin number that they could possibly get as many skimpy outfits in for I think the first 5-6 weeks. And his routines just seem repetitive. I just feel like when it comes to Derek, they hold him to a different standard than the other pros. He's a great dancer, probably one of the top 3 on the show, but choreography wise, I think he's lacking and he didn't seem to lose gracefully last season. And this season, they couldn't even give him Shannen or Pamela, they give him the freaking ringer! I wouldn't wish Kate on him, simply because I know we'd be sure she'd be around a lot longer than she will be with Tony.

I am hopeful that, ringer issues aside, that enough of the other couples step it up and emerge as strong contenders so it doesn't become a boring two person race between Evan/Anna and Nicole/Derek for the trophy. No one really knows how the rest will do, and I think pretty much the majority are going to give those two a run for their money.

Isn't the jive the only dance where you can throw in everything but the kitchen sink?

I've read from several people that Derek's choreography is 'repetitive' and I still don't get it. His new wave/robot dance last season? C'mon! And during season 8, he and Lil Kim did the very first Argentine Tango, and it was beautiful, almost as good as Cheryl/Gilles. Yes, he over-choreographs for himself, but unlike other pros who do the same, I don't think he does it at the expense of his partner. Others leave the celebrity standing there, but Derek is good at creating the illusion that the celeb is doing half the work when they're not as strong at a certain dance.

I understand the Mark fatigue, I really don't care for his dancing and I'm completely over seeing his goofy, spoiled-brat face on my screen. He's won more times than he should have. I also understand the Derek fatigue because of the way he mugs (which I don't really mind for some reason), but I still give him props for what he contributes to the show.

Plus he's cute, I like to look at him, so there.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3856830;
    Isn't the jive the only dance where you can throw in everything but the kitchen sink?

I've read from several people that Derek's choreography is 'repetitive' and I still don't get it. His new wave/robot dance last season? C'mon! And during season 8, he and Lil Kim did the very first Argentine Tango, and it was beautiful, almost as good as Cheryl/Gilles. Yes, he over-choreographs for himself, but unlike other pros who do the same, I don't think he does it at the expense of his partner. Others leave the celebrity standing there, but Derek is good at creating the illusion that the celeb is doing half the work when they're not as strong at a certain dance.

I understand the Mark fatigue, I really don't care for his dancing and I'm completely over seeing his goofy, spoiled-brat face on my screen. He's won more times than he should have. I also understand the Derek fatigue because of the way he mugs (which I don't really mind for some reason), but I still give him props for what he contributes to the show.

Plus he's cute, I like to look at him, so there.
    He is cute, he does contribute a lot to the show, he does overly mug, and I am with others that it is time for us to see what he can do with a difficult student, as it were.
    Let me see Derek the teacher.

Tony is not as physically flashy as Derek, nor are his dances. However, Tony's patience and his ability to convey dance to partners who are frankly in physically less than desirable positions just melts my heart.
    Louis BTW also showed that same ability with Kelly last season.
    I want to see if Derek can take his ability and through patience and love of dance make a dancer out of someone who has distinctive setbacks.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3856835;
    He is cute, he does contribute a lot to the show, he does overly mug, and I am with others that it is time for us to see what he can do with a difficult student, as it were.
    Let me see Derek the teacher.
    I wouldn't mind seeing that either; I bet he would actually do pretty well. But I have a feeling that the network marketing people are telling the producers that Derek is very popular, and not to waste him on a Belinda or a Macy.

I would have liked to see him paired with Debi last season, just to see the clash of personalities at rehearsals.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread