+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

I do not like her attitude either, and I think her dancing is kind of odd. I do not know how to describe the problem other than odd. I think like Stacy Kiebler and Erin the long limbs are harder to make look elegant. Almost like a new horse trying to find footing and is all over the place. I know Derek is talented, but I would love to see what he can do with someone that is not obviously exposed to choreography and counting beats, etc.

Another great dance! I love it when the costume, music, choreography and dance quality all come together! It was a bit fast for a tango, but well done! The dance was everything I hope for when I tune in.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3881308;
    I didn't like the final move in their dance last night where she bent forward and then backward.
    I thought the bend forward, where she touched the ground and had her leg in the air, looked very clumsy, almost as if she'd tried to stop herself from falling.
    It seemed an odd, ungraceful end to the dance.
    I thought the same thing, such a beautiful dance and then that clunky ending was ugly. But in some old movies some of the slap stick dancers would often do the forward and backward ending maybe he was channeling some old movie, who knows, otherwise it was very nice, I enjoyed their dance. They are very nice to watch.

FORT Newbie

I think Nicole is very cocky. I think her partner is extremely talented though and I love the dances he continues to wow us with.

I guess we can expect some more R-rated moves from Derek this season, if not this week. Also, some kind words for Kate:
    Dancing's Derek Hough: I Have to Top Last Season's Mambo Head-Bob

by Joyce Eng - Apr 25, 2010 10:01 PM ET

Derek Hough is feeling the pressure not because he and Nicole Scherzinger are the Dancing with the Stars leaders, but because the swing marathon is taking place Monday. And who can forget how he and Joanna Krupa, uh, head-bobbed their way to a victory in the mambo marathon last season? "Everyone still talks about that!" Hough tells TVGuide.com. "I really feel like I've got to do something to trump that now." The swing marathon isn't the only thing on Hough's plate this week. He and Scherzinger, who bounced back from a tear-filled meltdown last week to earn a season-high score of 29, must also perform the samba. See how rehearsals are going, what he has to say to Kate Gosselin's haters and why he would never go pantless on stage.

TVGuide.com: You've had a roller-coaster couple of weeks starting with your quickstep. Why did you decide to break the rules knowing Len is such a stickler when it comes to that?
    Derek Hough: Yeah, well, it was story week and with our song, I thought I'd take some liberty with it instead of doing the standard quickstep. I was doing the song "Anything Goes." I was expecting to get a few comments from the judges, so that wasn't a surprise. I'm still happy with what we did and I think people enjoyed it. I'm not going to be breaking any more rules I don't do them on purpose!

TVGuide.com: Then Nicole struggled with the rumba and broke down. What do you think went wrong there?
    Hough: I think so much pressure has been put on her, but most of it is from herself, and that week, she just reached the breaking point. One little thing seemed like the biggest thing. I just tried to reassure her afterward that it wasn't as bad as she thought it was, and of course, after she relaxed and watched it over, she realized it wasn't. ... The rumba's also a hard dance because it's so technical and the details show. You feel like you're walking on eggshells.

TVGuide.com: Do you think part of it is because it's so serious and you guys joke around? Maybe you should've used your "love hand" in the routine.
    Hough: [Laughs] I think that's exactly what was missing! We needed to lighten the mood! But you know, as difficult as it was for her, it also completely changed things around. She realized she was taking it too seriously and just needed to enjoy it and do her best, and I think that showed in our tango. We had a much better time there. ... ["Oh, Pretty Woman"] was an odd song to tango to, but I think we did a good job with it.

TVGuide.com: You have the samba and the swing marathon. How are they coming?
    Hough: Samba's going great. Nicole's very excited about it though since they told us [we had the samba]. It's a difficult routine lots of choreography but we're working hard, going nonstop. I'm hoping it'll be another great one. The swing marathon should be fun. I think everyone's looking forward to that. It also kind of eases you into doing more than one routine a week. I've got to come up with something good since I won last season!

TVGuide.com: Yeah, with your infamous head-in-the-crotch bob. Are you going to pull that again? Can you even do that in swing?
    Hough: [Laughs] Uh, probably not. But I can't repeat myself. I'll think of another move that will be as memorable something else that's similar that gets everyone talking and into it, but helps us do well and maybe win, and is also a swing move! You've got to pull out all the stops if you want to win, you know?

TVGuide.com: Are you saying it won't be PG again?
    Hough: [Laughs] I can't promise anything! I mean, that move last year, everyone thinks it was planned, but it wasn't. ... I'll come up with something else this time. I have to top it!

TVGuide.com: The celebrities also get to design the costumes this week. Nicole said she wanted "Derek Hough in the buff."
    Hough: Yeah, I don't think that's going to happen! She keeps talking about putting me in a Speedo with diamonds and stuff. But I can never do what Jake [Pavelka] did and go out without pants! I keep telling her I can't show off my chicken legs.

TVGuide.com: What did you think about Kate getting the boot?
    Hough: Someone has to go, unfortunately. I thought she did a fantastic job getting as far as she did. For someone who clearly came into this with a complete blank slate, I think she did a great job. There are so many different things about the show that people can take out of her being there, learning something that was obviously very difficult for her, and just trying her best. ... We have an eclectic group of people on the show, and she's a mom and has so much going on, and I think it's inspiring to her fans for her to be on.

TVGuide.com: There are a lot of people who were dying for her to leave. What do you have to say to them?
    Hough: To each their own. I think everyone has their share of fans and haters. We're getting flak for Nicole being a "ringer." It is what it is. There's always going to be something. Each person is different and have their own strengths and weaknesses, and you can't really let those negative comments get to you.

TVGuide.com: Your acoustic paso doble performance with Mark and Chelsie was great. Are you going to do something like that again?
    Hough: I hope to. That was a lot of fun and something we've been talking about. I have a few new ideas for some future [results shows]. I definitely want to play more with performance styles and dimensions. I think that dance being stripped down definitely makes you look at it and appreciate it differently. Hopefully we can do something else soon.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Regular

Oh, lordy. I'm feeling sick already.

TVGuide.com: Yeah, with your infamous head-in-the-crotch bob. Are you going to pull that again? Can you even do that in swing?
    Hough: [Laughs] Uh, probably not. But I can't repeat myself. I'll think of another move that will be as memorable something else that's similar that gets everyone talking and into it, but helps us do well and maybe win, and is also a swing move! You've got to pull out all the stops if you want to win, you know?

TVGuide.com: Are you saying it won't be PG again?
    Hough: [Laughs] I can't promise anything! I mean, that move last year, everyone thinks it was planned, but it wasn't. ... I'll come up with something else this time. I have to top it!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Julika;3886460;
    Oh, lordy. I'm feeling sick already.
    Here, let me help you....this is the emoticon you need.
    Do you feel better now?

Obviously, the reporter was wanting to engage Derek in a little locker room talk, and Derek obliged him as much as he thought he tactfully could; however, the obvious response would have been to say that the move was unintentional (which he did), and that it didn't belong in any of the ballroom dances.

I thought that interview leaned toward crude and reflected poorly on both TV Guide and DWTS.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Of course Derek can't just stick to basics But the judges will love whatever raunchy number he comes up with. Why does he even bother trying, he and Nicole are probably going to get first anyway and I'm sure will get a perfect 30 on top of it for their samba, which I'm sure will be more sex appeal and booty shaking than dancing. Hopefully Nicole's entitled attitude gets knocked off the top next week.

I still say that Nicole's getting a bum rap, and that her attitude isn't as bad as people think. And Derek is, well, Derek.

I'm just trying to enjoy him this season, ever since that rumor was started that he might be going to England next season to do Strictly Come Dancing, and would miss at least one season of DWTS next year as a result. But I guess that hasn't been confirmed.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If the pros are under contract, I'm not sure if they'd be allowed to go do another DWTS-version. Lacey mentioned wanting to take part in something dance related but couldn't because the show didn't give her permission. The rumor of Derek going to England was around before and he denied it, so if he does have some relationship with a woman over there and Strictly is rumored to want DWTS alumni/American dancers, I can see why it'd get started again. I don't know that DWTS would be willing to give Derek up.

Derek isn't really bugging me to the extent that he has in the past. I can't hold it against him that the judges have given them such high scores so early, deserved or not. Something about his attitude and camera mugging has gone down this season. Nicole I'm just not crazy about and really haven't been since the second week.

+ Reply to Thread