+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 35 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

Although the steps as completed were beautiful, Nicole's leg extensions, etc., gave the appearance of being difficult and labored to execute rather than easy and flawless. As a result, some of the steps actually looked awkward although she did manage to pull them off.
    Last week's dance - renegade that it was - appeared to be much more effortless and easy on the eyes. As a result, I didn't feel like I was having to sit there and mentally "pull" for her to accomplish her effort, and I could just sit back and enjoy the show.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Given CA and Bruno's about face with their comments, I'm wondering if they took a lot of heat for gushing over Nicole out of the gate and giving her 10s in the second week of competition, when many online felt that was overdoing it. Their scores and comments don't match up, so maybe they still score her how they want but try and keep the love down in the comments and make it look like they're really treating her as everyone else, given her edge. I give it a 3-4 weeks and then she'll have a big comeback where she's back to getting 10s, she wins over Len, Bruno can't stay in his seat he's so excited and he spits metaphors, and CA shrieks and has them come up to the judges table so she can kiss them

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3876120;
    Given CA and Bruno's about face with their comments, I'm wondering if they took a lot of heat for gushing over Nicole out of the gate and giving her 10s in the second week of competition, when many online felt that was overdoing it. Their scores and comments don't match up, so maybe they still score her how they want but try and keep the love down in the comments and make it look like they're really treating her as everyone else, given her edge. I give it a 3-4 weeks and then she'll have a big comeback where she's back to getting 10s, she wins over Len, Bruno can't stay in his seat he's so excited and he spits metaphors, and CA shrieks and has them come up to the judges table so she can kiss them
    I think Derek went outside the box last week to deliberately get lower scores which only partially worked as 2 judges scored them very high and we all know what Derek was doing. I do think the judges are going to go a little low on them, to try to take away from ringer status and avoid them facing Sabrina type backlash. She's still so much better it can't be hidden.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3876116;
    Although the steps as completed were beautiful, Nicole's leg extensions, etc., gave the appearance of being difficult and labored to execute rather than easy and flawless. As a result, some of the steps actually looked awkward although she did manage to pull them off.
    Last week's dance - renegade that it was - appeared to be much more effortless and easy on the eyes. As a result, I didn't feel like I was having to sit there and mentally "pull" for her to accomplish her effort, and I could just sit back and enjoy the show.
    Imo, Nicole, needs to improve in her posture, technique and percision and ballroom dancing Derek's choreograpy too many PCD, dance moves for Nicole.

Apparently Nicole/Derek's movie theme is Pretty Woman-and I'm going to assume they'll be tangoing to the same Roy Orbison classic. It's been done on SCD, but not exactly the best tango song. They really screw these couples over sometimes with the song choices.

FORT Fanatic

That is an odd song choice for a tango.

Should be interesting to see what Derek does with the choreography.

I wasn't a big fan of their dance this week and I hated the toga on her.
    I thought Nicole's comments were starting to come off a bit like Shannon's and I hope she reins them in.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fanatic

The editing this week of the rehearsal package did not do Nicole any favors. She came across as very whiney.

I didn't like the final move in their dance last night where she bent forward and then backward.
    I thought the bend forward, where she touched the ground and had her leg in the air, looked very clumsy, almost as if she'd tried to stop herself from falling.
    It seemed an odd, ungraceful end to the dance.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The dances for next week are going to be the samba and Argentine Tango. If Nicole survives, she's doing the samba. Of course. Let's just give her a perfect 30 and be done with it.

Not surprised Zinger the Ringer got back on top this week. I'm sure it was killing Bruno and CA to have to criticize her and score Evan higher.

I'm just not into this girl. Ringer status and Derek aside, she has an attitude and is boring.

+ Reply to Thread