+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 345

Thread: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

  1. #121
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3873952;
    I dont think Derek broke the rules to get away from ringer status, I think he broke the rules to create sympathy and give them more votes for the low scores. He knew that the fans would be bored with a traditional quickstep so he entertained the fans, and caused sympathy on top of it.
    I think he simply got a wild hair and decided to see how far he could push the boundaries and still get away with it. You know what?? He did it, too. He got yelled at, but they still got a very decent score for breaking the rules....

    If the judges were serious about Derek breaking the rules and wanted to truly send him a message, they would have given them straight 5s or at the top straight 6s. As it was they got an overall good score for dancing well to broken rules.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

    - John McMillan

  2. #122
    Bigfoot love DWTS! RickiRick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    336

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    While I'm still annoyed that the producers would have someone as over qualified as Nicole on this show, I do feel sorry for her since she is in a no-win situation. If she doesn't dance well, people will say she is not living up to her potential, must be a slacker. If she does well, we're all upset that she is a ringer.

    (Looks like Derek's strategy is working on me...I'm ready to feel sorry for her and throw a few votes her way. Genius, that Derek.)

  3. #123
    Why not? phillyphan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    37

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3873960;
    I think he simply got a wild hair and decided to see how far he could push the boundaries and still get away with it. You know what?? He did it, too. He got yelled at, but they still got a very decent score for breaking the rules....

    If the judges were serious about Derek breaking the rules and wanted to truly send him a message, they would have given them straight 5s or at the top straight 6s. As it was they got an overall good score for dancing well to broken rules.
    ITA. At the same time they give ridiculously high scores to many others who danced poorly, regardless of how many rules they broke.

    On a scale where Derek and Nicole got 6's, many of the others should have received scores at 5 or below. There should have been 2's and 3's at the bottom range. The only ones who actually deserved higher scores got them.

  4. #124
    Who is John Galt?
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    983

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    For some reason, I find this couple boring. Yes, Nicole is beautiful and yes, Derek is a terrific dancer/choreographer, but even though Nicole is nearly picture perfect when they dance, there is something missing. Maybe they are too perfect. There is little or no conflict in their relationship, she has obviously lots of experience in body movement so ballroom dancing is easy for her, and her personality is sweet but that's about it. I want to root for her because she is a local girl from Hawaii, but I much prefer Evan and Erin.

  5. #125
    Why not? phillyphan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    37

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3875154;
    For some reason, I find this couple boring. Yes, Nicole is beautiful and yes, Derek is a terrific dancer/choreographer, but even though Nicole is nearly picture perfect when they dance, there is something missing. Maybe they are too perfect. There is little or no conflict in their relationship, she has obviously lots of experience in body movement so ballroom dancing is easy for her, and her personality is sweet but that's about it. I want to root for her because she is a local girl from Hawaii, but I much prefer Evan and Erin.
    ITA about Evan and Erin. I just love Nicole, too!

    IMO Derek's and Nicole's dances are very exciting and highly entertaining. As are Evan's and Anna's and Maks' and Erin's. As far as personalities go, I think I am most charmed by Maks and Erin. But I enjoy all three couples. Unless there is a huge improvement in others' performances, and I mean Humongous! I truly hope they are our top three. I'll take them in any order, just so long as they are there 'til the end!

  6. #126
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    Once again, I don't think the judges comments accurately represented their scores. Nicole was definitely having an off night, as I thought their rumba was dull and she just didn't seem into it. Derek's done better. She messed up several times and seemed really stiff in parts. I'm really getting a bit of an attitude vibe from her especially in each passing week. Not that I expect her to go anywhere anytime soon and haven't ruled them out as winning, but I don't think she's liking taking the knocks or the criticism.

  7. #127
    Romantic Dreamer Love_Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,843

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3875798;
    Once again, I don't think the judges comments accurately represented their scores. Nicole was definitely having an off night, as I thought their rumba was dull and she just didn't seem into it. Derek's done better. She messed up several times and seemed really stiff in parts. I'm really getting a bit of an attitude vibe from her especially in each passing week. Not that I expect her to go anywhere anytime soon and haven't ruled them out as winning, but I don't think she's liking taking the knocks or the criticism.

    Two weeks in a row they have been overscored.


    I have always liked Derek as a performer. He is creative and talented with his dances. However, something about Nicole is off putting and cold. I hope she shows a little more spunk next week.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

  8. #128
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,606

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3875820;
    Two weeks in a row they have been overscored.


    I have always liked Derek as a performer. He is creative and talented with his dances. However, something about Nicole is off putting and cold. I hope she shows a little more spunk next week.
    They aren't the only ones I noticed that with. I re-watched Erin's tango and the judges seemed really positive with a few minor negatives in there, but you wouldn't have thought they would have given her 6s and 7s by their remarks. I like Derek as a dancer. I've said before that when he's dancing, I always watch him because you can't look away. Choreography wise sometimes what he comes up with can be annoying but I do think overall he stays unique and does a really good job of thinking outside the box, rule breaking or not. As a pro, I'm just bored by him. I'm not entirely sure he's liking the negativity with having Nicole as a partner. Maybe he's just bummed that his BFF is already out or is wanting a break. I don't know. I'm sensing a slight attitude from him, ala season 6 when he had Shannon Elizabeth. Nicole is really good, but I think they're feeling entitled.

  9. #129
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,285

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    There is no rootability for this couple for me. Derek gets yawn another dancer. I find no excitement in having a handful of contestants with no rhythm getting ripped apart versus a select few that can dance, have choreographed, and have rhythm. This show has continued to go downhill. The first season was great because they had no true dancers on the show, and everyone had to improve.

  10. #130
    FORT Fogey itsyourmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    910

    Re: Nicole Scherzinger & Derek Hough - Season 10

    I thought she looked really beautiful. The dance did not excite me. I don't know how to score dancing. If she is overscored, well, no one is scored right. Kate on a par with Niecy and Aiden, for example, doesn't sound right. It all looks jumbled to me. I do like to watch Nicole dance though.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.