+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel - Season 10

Re: Niecy Nash & Louis Van Amstel - Season 10

She's hysterical! Loved the hamburger bit!

Absolutely hilarious! I got good vibes from Niecy pre-show, and she definitely did not disappoint. I don't think she deserved that 5 from Len, but good thing Carrie Ann balanced it out with her 7.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3860767;
    Absolutely hilarious! I got good vibes from Niecy pre-show, and she definitely did not disappoint. I don't think she deserved that 5 from Len, but good thing Carrie Ann balanced it out with her 7.
    It wasn't that she was that good of a dancer because she wasn't, but she is a great entertainer! I was not familiar with her until last night, but I loved her last night. She set up her routine, then she sang and acted through it, and then she cried because she remembered it. That was a wonderfully entertaining performance. It didn't matter to me that she can't dance that well.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

TOTALLY enjoyed Niecy's dance! That gal can perform!
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I'd never heard of Niecy before DWTS, but I'm just now watching her on a show on Style and man, does she always yell like that? She's just explaining why this guy's house is dirty and there's no need to shout. Don't think I can watch the rest of the show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3861604;
    I'd never heard of Niecy before DWTS, but I'm just now watching her on a show on Style and man, does she always yell like that? She's just explaining why this guy's house is dirty and there's no need to shout. Don't think I can watch the rest of the show.
    Niecy I think is just loud. She's like that on The Insider. She doesn't always shout but you always know when she's talking. She and Louis seem to get along great and I know that's going to help a lot. I have to say, though, that I hope she doesn't bring up every week about how she's doing this for the big girls and, if she gets marked low or receives criticism, says she remembred her routine so that should count for something. Dance wise obviously I think nerves were effecting nearly everyone last night, so she wasn't fantastic but I think she's got room to grow. Bringing the funny will certainly help if she doesn't scream or do the same bits each week.

I definitely liked that Louis seemed to be having a great time during their performance. I like him a lot and I'm happy that he seems to have another partner he likes.

I didn't mind Niecy on DWTS, but I don't think I can sit through another one of her shows on Style.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Loved her! I don't watch any of her other shows, but she is just so fun on this! Sassy!!

I've been a huge fan of Niecy ever since seeing her on Reno 911, which was hilarious lol...i also loved her parody of NeNe/Kim(real housewives of atalanta?) from the Bonnie Hunt show.

She definitely has charisma and I gave her some of my votes, she definitely entertained me!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3861607;
    . . . I have to say, though, that I hope she doesn't bring up every week about how she's doing this for the big girls and, if she gets marked low or receives criticism, says she remembred her routine so that should count for something. Dance wise obviously I think nerves were effecting nearly everyone last night, so she wasn't fantastic but I think she's got room to grow. Bringing the funny will certainly help if she doesn't scream or do the same bits each week.
    ITA that "doing it for the big girls" will get old. (Reminds me of Marissa Jaret Winokur ) and besides, Niecy is that all THAT big. She looked nice in her outfit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast