+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Maybe one of the reasons Pam was in the bottom 2 was that her dancing WAS pretty good, her judges scored were pretty good, and people thought she wasn't in any danger. Warped, I know, but maybe people were playing the keep the worst in for laughs angle or throw all the votes to the ones in the most (perceived) trouble. It's all a game. I don't see any rhyme or reason for most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3867120;
    It may have taken the wind out of her sails, but she still took actually being in the bottom two with a whole lot more grace than Kate took potentially being in the bottom two.
    Pam was frigging awesome about being in the bottom 2 - although the look of shock and the collective shock of the viewers had to open our eyes to the fact that if we want her to stay, we have to vote for her and not assume others are doing it for us.
    I will definitely be throwing her votes over the next few weeks, if she manages to stay after next week.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I don't usually vote on these shows... but I learned my lesson last night. Pam needs people like me!!! Don't worry Pam I'll have your back next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3867125;
    Maybe one of the reasons Pam was in the bottom 2 was that her dancing WAS pretty good, her judges scored were pretty good, and people thought she wasn't in any danger. Warped, I know, but maybe people were playing the keep the worst in for laughs angle or throw all the votes to the ones in the most (perceived) trouble. It's all a game. I don't see any rhyme or reason for most of it.
    I suppose its possible, but at the same time I also think its kind of wishful thinking.

That kind of pattern might be easily possible when there are far less contestants. But with a full boat like this, going from 4th place (judge scores for both weeks alone) to 10th place (combined scores for both weeks) is quite a jump.

And unlike, lets say, Brooke Burke (a fellow alumnus of one of Pam's claims to fame, Playboy) and her "mommy card", Pam doesn't really have another card to play other than "sex goddess". Oh, she's got kids alright, but its never much defined her. The mommy side of Pam wasn't the one appearing all over the Internet, after all, having sex with Tommy Lee and then later Bret Michaels.

Pam may just be (pardon the phrase) screwed on this show.

Of course, she's also a PETA wacko, and that can certainly be a turnoff to people who think PETA goes too far (compared to lets say, The Humane Society), but I bet most people don't really remember that when considering whether or not to vote for her.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3867148;
    I suppose its possible, but at the same time I also think its kind of wishful thinking.

That kind of pattern might be easily possible when there are far less contestants. But with a full boat like this, going from 4th place (judge scores for both weeks alone) to 10th place (combined scores for both weeks) is quite a jump.

And unlike, lets say, Brooke Burke (a fellow alumnus of one of Pam's claims to fame, Playboy) and her "mommy card", Pam doesn't really have another card to play other than "sex goddess". Oh, she's got kids alright, but its never much defined her. The mommy side of Pam wasn't the one appearing all over the Internet, after all, having sex with Tommy Lee and then later Bret Michaels.

Pam may just be (pardon the phrase) screwed on this show.

Of course, she's also a PETA wacko, and that can certainly be a turnoff to people who think PETA goes too far (compared to lets say, The Humane Society), but I bet most people don't really remember that when considering whether or not to vote for her.
    You're probably right, Krom. It's just sad to see those with dancing potential that also have a good attitude about it go by the wayside while non-dancing shrews continue forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslueth;3867145;
    I don't usually vote on these shows... but I learned my lesson last night. Pam needs people like me!!! Don't worry Pam I'll have your back next week.
    I didn't vote either and assumed she and many others were safe. This highlights the need for the judge scores to not be overinflated because the audience vote really saved some people.

Wonder what the demographic is for voters? Mainly women or is it an equal combination of men & women? Maybe the women are not voting for her because of her being perceived as purely a sex symbol or could it be that her pro is an unknown so does not have a fan base to help garner votes like Cheryl, Max, Chelsea, Tony, Edyta, Anna, Louie, Ashley. I must admit I did not vote this last time but if I had Pam would have gotten a vote from me because her dance was very entertaining. Like Carrie Anne said since she was last so we waited all night with anticipation to see her dance and she did not disappoint. This next week the judges challenged the couples to tell a story and her pro has already been doing that for each of her dances. I would like to know more about him and his background, it would be nice if they did a snipit of any new pros they add to introduce them to the audience.

I think Pam's just not as fascinating to the public as she used to be, whereas Kate Gosselin, as repulsive as she may be, generates a lot of interest. Pam's whole schtick is dated - once you pass 40, being a B-list celebrity (and a former A-list groupie) doesn't work.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think some very good points have been made in this thread and also the main discussion thread for last might’s results show.

More thoughts:
    1) People assumed Pam was safe because she and Damien got a decent score.
    2) Being a fan and actually voting are two very different things. Most fans such as myself vote via calling in (cell and land line), texting, and also go online @ abc.com (often registering under several user names and therefore allowing them to votes many times). Actually I split my votes last Monday and I forgot about texting. Some people get frustrated when they get a busy signal, and after a few tries they give up.
    3) Some people have mixed feelings about Pam, and Damien has not built up a fanbase yet. (I think Tony’s fanbase helped keep Kate safe.)
    4) I threw some votes Pam's way because she did a good job, she's fun, she has a good attitude and really wants to be there. I was not a fan of Baywatch, and I also think her marriages/relationships have been . . .strange. But that was then, this is now, and I'm basing my votes on her performance on the show and she actually seems very nice.

I can speak only for myself, but I like Donny and Pamela. I don't see why the two would be mutually exclusive.

I never thought Pamela was much of an actress, but she never claimed to be one and seems to be good-hearted. Her dancing is as good as many, she is working at it and she's entertaining.

I did not think she was in danger, and I cast my votes for all those I thought might be in order to try and push them ahead of Kate.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread