+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

I don't dislike Pamela but I'm kind of tired of the ditzy blond act she's playing.

that ditzy blonde act is her signature and is what made her a bankable star - I wouldn't want her any other way - that would be like asking jack Nicholson not to be lecherous.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I love how no matter how old she gets Pammy always has a fun, youthful spirit.

"I don't know what [the judges] have to say, but a busload of Kennedys just pulled up" was the funniest line of the season. ROTFLMAO!

Brooke, your turn.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I like her, but I find it distressing to see her be so grounded and natural and lovely during rehersals aand then become this disconnected, out-of-it person when she performs. She did it again last night. She didn't seem as high, but she wasn't really "present" either.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3866959;
    I like her, but I find it distressing to see her be so grounded and natural and lovely during rehersals aand then become this disconnected, out-of-it person when she performs. She did it again last night. She didn't seem as high, but she wasn't really "present" either.
    I think she was trying to channel Marilyn in personality, too (a little too much if you ask me). Looking at her and Damian tonight, they almost looked like they could be cast in a re-make of The Graduate.

I have to say seeing them in the bottom 2 was a big surprise, but maybe people aren't going for the sex appeal and Pamela's ditzy blonde routine. The internet doesn't represent the average viewer when you compare how small it is to the viewers watching. I'd hate to see Damian's time cut short, I really like him.

I find it disheartening that America is SO screwed up that a little sex turns them off, whereas a screaming harpy who parades her kids on TV gets massive viewer voting.

Does the female viewing population really resent Pam THIS much for building a career on sex appeal? Isn't there supposed to be some kind of new age revision of feminism which sees that as a kind of female empowerment?

Or do the same forces which propel Osmonds to the top every time they are on see the Pam Andersons of the world as nasty sinners?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3867017;
    I find it disheartening that America is SO screwed up that a little sex turns them off, whereas a screaming harpy who parades her kids on TV gets massive viewer voting.
    I could not agree with you more, and I am just as disheartened.

Does the female viewing population really resent Pam THIS much for building a career on sex appeal? Isn't there supposed to be some kind of new age revision of feminism which sees that as a kind of female empowerment?

Or do the same forces which propel Osmonds to the top every time they are on see the Pam Andersons of the world as nasty sinners?
    Yes, and yes, for the most part. But it has been somewhat gratifying to find that there are women who were predisposed to dislike Pam who are having their minds changed - and this is why one is not supposed to judge a book by its cover.

For the record, I am a woman, and a middle-aged one at that, who has always liked Pam. Her lifestyle wouldn't be my particular choice, but she has always had a good and self-deprecating sense of humour and she doesn't appear to have an overinflated sense of her own importance. Very much unlike a certain mother we all know and, if we have any sense, despise.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fanatic

I did not vote for Pam, but that does not mean that I am jealous of her. There were eleven contestants and I gave all of my votes to one person, so that means in addition to Pam, there were nine other folks I did not vote for. Depending on how the eliminations go, Pam may get some votes from me in the future, but not right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3867017;

I was very disappointed to see Pam in the B2 but I am not surprised. I think that for all the reasons you touched upon is why she was there. You have the hardcore right wing who watches this show and vote en mass for Osmonds and Evans because they are "right" and would see somebody like Pam as "wrong" and then there is the looks factor.

We see it every single season on shows like So You Think You Can Dance. Where the pretty girls are inexplicably disliked and the reason always is "she's fake" or "I just don't like her" and has nothing to do with dance ability. It's very frustrating and why I try to not choose favorites on these shows because the males always seem to come out on top for no other reason than they are "hot".

Poor Pam, I think she's a joy to watch and I've always sort of liked her. She so kooky and I love the persona she puts on and that radiant smile of hers. I think being in the bottom took a bit of the wind out of her sails and made me feel so badly for her, she shouldn't have been there. It should have been Aiden, Kate, or Buzz.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 03-31-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3867113;
    I think being in the bottom took a bit of the wind out of her sails and made me feel so badly for her, she shouldn't have been there.
    It may have taken the wind out of her sails, but she still took actually being in the bottom two with a whole lot more grace than Kate took potentially being in the bottom two.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread