+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Re: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

I agree with those that said, "its just her thing". I watched with my 82 year old mother and she just giggled through her dance. Wasn't offended at all. Go Pammy!!!

As far as I'm concerned Pam saved the show because it was a total bore until her routine.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mrsean;3861641;
    As far as I'm concerned Pam saved the show because it was a total bore until her routine.
    Apparently the viewers agreed because there was a ratings spike in the last half hour.

If Pamela is playing up the ditzy blond routine, that, too, might get old with viewers and I'm already cringing seeing what Bruno does every week that she comes out. Damian seems pretty content, though.

I thought she seemed like she was high on something.
    I agree that she can be self effacing, but it appeared like she'd definitely had too much of something last night. She's not a very good actress and that did not appear to be an act.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

He looks like a fun teacher. She did look like she was not all there but only part of the time. She looked OK in the c-quarium.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3861658;
    Apparently the viewers agreed because there was a ratings spike in the last half hour.

If Pamela is playing up the ditzy blond routine, that, too, might get old with viewers and I'm already cringing seeing what Bruno does every week that she comes out. Damian seems pretty content, though.
    She was waay over scored, but she was entertaining (like a stripper on coke). Her partner is adorable. I think he said he thought he died and went to heaven when he found out she was his partner. They do have good chemistry together and he certainly doesn't seem to mind her antics. Hey, he is making money and gets to play with Pamela Anderson - what a job!

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3861553;
    I thought she appeared to be on something too. That seemed to be more than just a ditzy dumb blonde act. The way she was hanging all over Damian was disgusting. That said, he didn't seem to mind.
    ITA. She used to be kind of funny and self-effacing - I did laugh out loud when Bruno mentioned Stripperella - now she's just a creepy old hooker. To quote Nikki Sixx (who, admittedly, had his own axe to grind with her) she looks like she "got beat with a really expensive ugly stick". Seriously, she's a good 15 years past being able to rock that look. Her body is in great shape, excepting the over-large implants - but that hair, the blackened-eye makeup, the orange fake tan (to match her dress )...yeeeeesh.

And all that was missing from that dance routine was a pole.
    Last edited by AJane; 03-28-2010 at 04:12 PM.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3861032;
    Bruno needs to be hosed down. It wasn't the worst dance of the night, but an 8? No, not that good. I hope this isn't a recurring theme every week where they can't take their eyes off Pamela's assets and to ensure she sticks around just ignore her dancing and give her 8s for wiggling. I felt like she had a sort of holier than thou attitude, like she was doing the show a favor by showing up. Might have been an act. Will be interesting how she transforms for the ballroom. I do like her, and am so far digging the new guy.
    Funny line, Karalott! I can just see Tom turning on the fire hose, knocking Bruno right off the podium. I think the judges often score people higher than they deserved for their actual dancing, especially the first night or two, if they provide entertainment value. They always seem to call people out for being boring but praise them for being entertaining even if their dancing wasn't that great. I guess we could say Pam is entertaining on this show if nothing else. I also like her for her animal work (real animals, not Tommy Lee).

She was really coming on to her dance partner and he was having none of it at least at times....gosh she looks trashy and dirty. Doesn't help that she has HC...that just screams rough lifestyle. I think the thing that ruined her looks and is unfortunate is that she shaved off her eyebrows. Why do girls do that? Instant hard look. She was so cute before all the extra bleach and shaving off the eyes. She could still go back to that, maybe she will or maybe it's none of my business and she likes the way she looks just fine, lol.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3864630;
    And all that was missing from that dance routine was a pole.
    I think that's where Damian came in. He's a wonderful addition, but he really looks too tiny for Pamela. Especially when she's got the over pumped bed head going on. I'm waiting to see if she'll go climb up Bruno after a performance.

Funny line, Karalott! I can just see Tom turning on the fire hose, knocking Bruno right off the podium. I think the judges often score people higher than they deserved for their actual dancing, especially the first night or two, if they provide entertainment value. They always seem to call people out for being boring but praise them for being entertaining even if their dancing wasn't that great. I guess we could say Pam is entertaining on this show if nothing else. I also like her for her animal work (real animals, not Tommy Lee
    It's kind of where I have an issue with the judges. If they were consistant it'd be one thing. But they aren't. Bruno will throw out an 8 paddle for Pamela because he's having a good time watching (a really good time), but if someone else were to do the same thing, he might dock them for not doing enough dancing or being too sexy and too about gimmicks/story line. CA had to defend giving Lil Kim's jive a 10 when many said it was less about the jive and more about a story line, being entertaining and being flashy. She seemed to put foot in mouth when she said she'll score for what she likes, even though some weeks she's all about people being technical and true to the dance. Pamela, for what little dancing she did, isn't really that bad and I know that beneath it all, she's actually fairly intelligent and the whole ditzy blond bombshell is just more of an act. For me anyway, it'll get old, and it'll get old seeing the judges (especially CA and Bruno) continually have the same reaction every week. Ratings may have gone up when she and Kate took the floor but we'll see if she can keep drawing them in.

I do wonder if, on ballroom weeks, she'll become the new Kelly Osbourne-the over processed sex symbol who turns into the lovely princess. In saying all of the above, I am looking forward to seeing her foxtrot

+ Reply to Thread