+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3850250;
    What is with people and plastic surgery??? I agree - she was very pretty once, and she's really not that old. Isn't she still in her 30's?
    42. I watched Pamela on an old episode of Home Improvement, and she doesn't even look like the same person. The promo for DWTS was on tonight during the Oscars, and since we're talking about plastic surgery, on quick glance Nicole reminded me of a cross between Kim Kardashian, Lil Kim, and someone else that I can't quite remember. I don't get it, either. These people that go under the knife again and again to the point where Barbie looks more realistic, when they've already made it and were already gorgeous, I just don't know. Maybe a lesson can be learned from the recent surgeries of Heidi Montag-plastic surgery isn't going to guarantee success. I think the era of being the Hollywood sex symbol is over, anyway, and that was Pamela.

42? Poor thing looks wiped out. I know she was diagnosed with Hepatitis C, but she does look like she's had a rough life. She's probably a very nice person, and we'll see her story when the show airs. Oh, and I was thinking of Heidi Montag's mulitple plastic surgeries, too. Nothing wrong with a little enhancement, but for pete's sake, these girls are so young.

I just wonder how her center of gravity and balance will be.....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

She's actually 42, but that doesn't bother me. I just never thought much of her acting ability, and I always like to see a new pro paired with a good partner so we can get to know him. Perhaps she'll be better than I think she will, but I don't think her fan base is anywhere near what it used to be.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

She does look to have gone too far with the plastic surgery.
    Toning down that hair colour is long overdue too, imo. Bleaching out like that is very aging.
    I do greatly admire her work for animal rights.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Hopefully this is okay to post, here's a link to a rehearsal pic of Pamela/Damien. I have to wonder how tall he is. I realize his knees are slightly bent in this picture but I'm not sure he's going to be that much taller than her. And this is another where the pro looks like a little boy next to his womanly partner (thinking of the Nicole/Derek pairing).

http://www.radaronline.com/sites/def...2_0056_pre.jpg

I don't know how Pam will do. She's got a newbie, and they don't always fair well unless they have some sort of built in fanbase or get a really strong, likeable, popular partner. I do agree her fanbase probably isn't what it used to be during her Baywatch era and she's got the reputation as hard partying. If she can dance really well or transforms herself ala Kelly Osbourne, she might surprise everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3850579;
    She's actually 42, but that doesn't bother me. I just never thought much of her acting ability, and I always like to see a new pro paired with a good partner so we can get to know him. Perhaps she'll be better than I think she will, but I don't think her fan base is anywhere near what it used to be.
    In all honesty, I think a lot of the callers will be PETA members who laud her for her Animal Rights activism. (Even if it's not perfect).

Sadly, she has lost her natural beauty for the curse of plastic surgery. I don't know why so many people opt for that: I personally think it should be for something horrific like correcting disfiguration from a fire or dog attack, not just to get larger breasts. (Smaller, I can understand - because some bodies start having health issues/back issues if their chest is too large).

FORT Fogey

I like Pamela Anderson. She's worked very hard at all she's gotten in her career. Despite the makeup, hair, and chest, she has brains and a really, really solid work ethic. I also think that having been diagnosed with Hepatitis C, she is more compassionate that the average Hollywood insider.

Just my take on her...

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3857664;
    I like Pamela Anderson. She's worked very hard at all she's gotten in her career. Despite the makeup, hair, and chest, she has brains and a really, really solid work ethic. I also think that having been diagnosed with Hepatitis C, she is more compassionate that the average Hollywood insider.

Just my take on her...
    Plus she has a sense of humour. I am always partial to someone who can laugh at themself.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I just saw Pamela and Damian on Ellen. Pamela sounded like a bit of a ditz so I do hope she drops that act once the show starts. It'll get old and I don't think will win her any votes. Damian seems really nice; I think I might like him. Ellen asked about Apolo Ohno's comment about Pamela being too top heavy to win. Damian said it gives her good weight above her feets and good partner contact

+ Reply to Thread