+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Re: Pamela Anderson & Damian Whitewood - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3883942;
    Just watched Pam on Joy Behar. She really is nice and down to earth. Said she doesn't want to manipulate the audience into voting for her and in a reply to Joy, that she has no nannies or housekeepers.
    Well, she is Canadian. Even our sex kittens are friendly, polite and responsible .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

They interviewed some guy from TV Guide on the news - Matt Roush.

He said that Pam was really suffering because the bulk of the DWTS audience is women and they don't like Pam.

I was saddened to hear this.
    Her performances have been some of the most memorable this season for me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3884302;

He said that Pam was really suffering because the bulk of the DWTS audience is women and they don't like Pam.

I know of at least one male who watches because he loves Pamela (he also loves Edyta and Cheryl). The problem may not be the actual audience, but the ones who actually VOTE. I would agree that women are more likely than men to vote. (My husband is disgusted that I actually call in votes. He thinks it bad enough that I watch, but to actually vote is beyond comprehension to him.)

P.S. And for those keeping score, my husband is not the one who watches. It's a friend of ours who has pin-up girl calendars posted at his gas station.

FORT Fogey

Based on just her dancing alone, I think she is doing a very good job.
    One of the problems, I think, is her partner. He is quite efficient; however, he is not a tall or particularly large man while she comes off as a lot of woman. To balance her height and persona, I think he needs to be at least 4 or 5 inches taller.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3883942;
    Just watched Pam on Joy Behar. She really is nice and down to earth. Said she doesn't want to manipulate the audience into voting for her and in a reply to Joy, that she has no nannies or housekeepers.
    LOVE Pam Anderson. I'm putting all my votes towards her, Evan, and Nichole - my top 3 favorites.

I like Pam a lot. She's the complete opposite of a diva and it's refreshing. I'd like to see her make F3.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I didn't like the wig or the dress, and I admit it's sometimes hard to look at Damian because Pam just overshadows him. But I did think their dance was better than the judges gave it credit for. Her legs/feet looked weird at times, and she looked like she was out of it during some of it. But what a night for scoring. I wish they'd have Pam and Nicole go first/second for a change rather than have them go last. I know, ratings, but still, it's getting old.

I like Pam, but didn't enjoy thier dance or the brown wig tonight.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Pammie has a special fan club thread for women who love her over on ABC's board which is nice to see.

(She's the opposite of Nicole on the diva-ometer in terms of pretentiousness.)

The brown hair looks awful with heavy dark eye makeup. (She can barely pull it off as a blonde.)

Bruno still has a crush on her and continues to +1 overscore her.

I think she's the surprise of the season.

(She also gives her dance instructor much less attitude than the other stars.)

I've liked her for years because of her spirit. She knows how to make coquettish chic.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3884302;

Been saying this myself since Day 1.

Its the inverse of the situation with Kate G. and people liking her just because they "identify" with her.

Pam is apparently very nice, but... she's not someone the average American woman identifies easily with.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3884466;
    I know of at least one male who watches because he loves Pamela (he also loves Edyta and Cheryl). The problem may not be the actual audience, but the ones who actually VOTE. I would agree that women are more likely than men to vote.
    I think its both.

Firstly, more women watch then men, by far.

Secondly, a lot of men might be watching simply because their significant others are watching, and those guys probably won't be voting.

So you get the "worst" of both. An audience who's largest component is likely filled with people who identify less with Pam, and who aren't unduly impressed by her sex appeal (in fact, who may be turned off by it) PLUS, even the guys who ARE watching likely won't vote.

I suppose there's always the gay male audience. They might vote for Pam, in the same way they'd vote for Cher, or Madonna, or whatever drag-queen icon is handy. Except... don't those folks usually hold out for Divas? Given how level-headed Pam seems that might actually drive THAT audience off too, and they'd all vote for Neicy or Nicole instead.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread