+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shannen Doherty & Mark Ballas - Season 10

Re: Shannen Doherty & Mark Ballas - Season 10

I love her too, and hope she lasts a long time. She has the reputation of being a superbrat, but I didn't see that at all last episode. She did well, for someone with no experience and was focused only on her dad.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3862270;
    I love her too, and hope she lasts a long time. She has the reputation of being a superbrat, but I didn't see that at all last episode. She did well, for someone with no experience and was focused only on her dad.
    Maybe she's been a diva in the past, but she came off as just really shy on Monday's show. I think some people may mistake being reserved for being snooty sometimes. Plus, when you've got Kate Gosselin on the show, how are you going to out diva her?

I just wish she was partnered with Alec or another pro. I can't stand Mark.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ryanfan4vr;3848403;
    I think the cast can sometimes goes overboard with the spray tan, but I think Shannen could really use a little. I know the vampire look is in, but she's not pulling it off!
    After Monday's show, I think Mark could use a little tan, too. Did he look unusually pale? Shannen was a lot better than I expected her to be, but you could definitely tell the nerves are there. I think she's got potential but I'm worried being nervous will do her in. I feel like she might be one of the ones who struggles with the jive, especially the way Mark choreographs and tends to run rampant onstage during those fast-paced, high energy routines.

I just wish she was partnered with Alec or another pro. I can't stand Mark.
    Me too. Haven't really liked Mark since season 6. I feel like the show would probably substitute someone else in for him, but as long as Derek's around, they'll be a 2 for 1 deal. He's said before he wants to take time off for his music. Hopefully that comes around in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3862458;
    Maybe she's been a diva in the past, but she came off as just really shy on Monday's show.
    There's no maybe about it . Back in the day, at the height of her fame, apart from what I read about her and the vibe I got from her, I recall seeing her on Dennis Miller's talk show. Yikes! I don't believe that I have ever seen anyone bitchier on a talk show. Dennis actually banned her from ever reappearing and made her a running joke (not that he's any prize himself). Plus the regularly being fired has to mean something.

Still and all, she wasn't nearly as vicious as she used to be, so maybe she's learned a thing or two about how to behave like a human being. So good for her.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I thought that Shannen and Mark had a really fun dance tonight and seem to really be a good pair. I fear they might be lost in the shuffle because they were first, but I think if they stick around they will continue to improve.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

She did improve, and every time they show her dad, I feel for her. I hope she has a good run on the show.

I thought she did well last night, with the exception of one section where she messed up.
    She was a little ahead of Mark a couple of times, but I tihnk he came up with a really challenging routine and she danced it very well.
    I can't see her being very popular with the viewers though, so that might be her downfall.
    I hope she at least lasts a few more weeks.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well so much for seeing her improve. I think Mark was injured and maybe it is for the best he was eliminated tonight.
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

On the plus side, at least Corky Ballas won't be back. Having to watch Kate is enough without seeing the King of camera mugging back in the ballroom.

I'm not overly surprised Shannen was an early exit. I figured she might be, though really didn't expect her to go first. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks maybe they left on their own, but she looked plenty nervous and Mark looked equally as nerve racked as the couples being safe dwindled down. I had no idea that he was injured; when Tony went over and hoisted him up, I thought he was going to put him on his shoulders and parade him around the ballroom I think she could have improved, but her VW was better than her jive. I thought she got slightly overscored, as she did mess up quite a bit. Interesting, too, that no former 90210 alumni were in the audience, at least that I saw.

An article I read earlier said that Mark would have been out for at least six weeks, so if Shannen had stayed, she wouldn't have been dancing with Mark anymore. I'm sorry to see her go because I thought she really had potential. I enjoyed the Jive and she seemed to enjoy it too. She did look relieved to be going home, but I still felt bad for her. It definitely wasn't time yet.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast