+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Re: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

The interesting thing about this show is that it can be so unpredictable. Many people you think will be fabulous end up as duds and others surprise us by being better or at least far more entertaining than we expect them to be.
    The pro can also have a huge impact on how far a contestant goes. Not just by virtue of the pro's popularity, though that certainly can have an impact, but also some are better at getting the best out of a partner than others. Or seem more physically compatible. Even though I'm not crazy about Derek (to put it mildly,) he does a good job with his partners. What was interesting to me was last season when Joanna danced with Maks while Derek was ill, I found myself enjoying her for the first time-even with the stumble! (And it wasn't just the Maks eyecandy factor.)

Ok, I just gotta say the pairings ABSOLUTELY SUCK!!!

Wow talk about a sick joke!! Who the heck thought to partner all my favorites with some of the people I most HATE!!

The lovely Erin Andrews with Maks!!?!??!!! That douche Jake with Chelsie!!??!!? Evan with Anna T?? Ok Evan I can sorta live with that, but the other two??

I want Maks and Jake off my screen ASAP, but that would mean Chelsie and Erin would be gone too and I want them to stay for as long as possible!!! What am I going to do now?? Cheer for two evils so that the two goods can stay?? I'm so confused!!
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3845460;
    Ok, I just gotta say the pairings ABSOLUTELY SUCK!!!

Wow talk about a sick joke!! Who the heck thought to partner all my favorites with some of the people I most HATE!!

The lovely Erin Andrews with Maks!!?!??!!! That douche Jake with Chelsie!!??!!? Evan with Anna T?? Ok Evan I can sorta live with that, but the other two??

I want Maks and Jake off my screen ASAP, but that would mean Chelsie and Erin would be gone too and I want them to stay for as long as possible!!! What am I going to do now?? Cheer for two evils so that the two goods can stay?? I'm so confused!!
    So you're okay with Tony and Kate Gosselin?

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;3845415;
    Tony will be able to handle Kate well enough. She will be a piece of work for sure just by herself . Throw the kids in...ohh boy!

I am loving Anna with Evan. Evan is really the only choice that I was really excited about with this season's cast. I am overall not impressed at all.
    Yes, maybe the kids can dance too! They have done everything else!

I am also excited about Evan and I kind of like Buzz Aldrin....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Well I'm tickled pink that Chad and Cheryl are paired. That's my early show pick, and my second is Evan and Anna. I'm glad Anna has a shot this season.

Karalott I have a question for you. I read today in an article that the basement of Kate's home was going to be turned into a studio for her and Tony to practice. She only wants to spend 2 days a week in L.A. to tape the show and the other 5 at home with her kids. So my question is don't they do rehearsals and blocking on Sun then dress rehearsals on Mon before the taping? And then the live vote off is Tues so how could she only be in L.A. for only 2 days? Have you heard anymore about this? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3844942;
    Here are the pairs...

Buzz - Ashley DelGrosso Costa
    Pam - Damian
    Erin - Maks
    Shannon - Mark
    Kate - Tony
    Evan - Anna
    Niecy - Louis
    Chad - Cheryl
    Jake - Chelsie
    Nicole - Derek
    Aiden - Edyta

I guessed Chelsie/Jake & Chad/Cheryl but some of the others are interesting.
    I am excited for the new season and love the new dancers {{Evan/Anna}} and pairings {{Evan/Anna}} -- it looks like it will be a great new season {{Evan/Anna}} -- I am glad to go into this new season with an open mind {{Evan/Anna}} and don't have have a horse {{Evan/Anna}} in this race {{Evan/Anna}}.

Who the heck is watching Kate's kids! Tony tell her she better get home quick! Real quick--like before the show premieres!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by TxMav10;3845480;
    Karalott I have a question for you. I read today in an article that the basement of Kate's home was going to be turned into a studio for her and Tony to practice. She only wants to spend 2 days a week in L.A. to tape the show and the other 5 at home with her kids. So my question is don't they do rehearsals and blocking on Sun then dress rehearsals on Mon before the taping? And then the live vote off is Tues so how could she only be in L.A. for only 2 days? Have you heard anymore about this? TIA
    From what I remember when Tony was paired with Susan, since she needed to be in NYC for AMC and he wanted to be home as much as possible since his wife just had their twins-they would leave either Tues. night or Wed. morning on the Red Eye from LA, and would be back in LA on Sat. Rehearsals and blocking start taking place Sunday, which is why I think Kate would be home 2-3 days tops. And that's not mentioning the toll flying back and forth and the time zone change. Also, the show has strict rules about not practicing outside the studios or when the cameras are not there. So it's not like Tony/Kate could just be practicing whenever they feel like and whenever her kids aren't around (and she might be able to film in her home if she has permission). I'm surprised TLC gave the go ahead for this and wonder how often we'll be seeing Kate's kids plucked in front of the camera, how much of Kate screeching we'll be seeing about making sure the camera men get all the good shots and her kids keep smiles on their faces. If Kate acts up around her kids and pulls the crap she got so infamous for, I can't see Tony liking that very much.

The interesting thing about this show is that it can be so unpredictable. Many people you think will be fabulous end up as duds and others surprise us by being better or at least far more entertaining than we expect them to be.
    The pro can also have a huge impact on how far a contestant goes. Not just by virtue of the pro's popularity, though that certainly can have an impact, but also some are better at getting the best out of a partner than others. Or seem more physically compatible. Even though I'm not crazy about Derek (to put it mildly,) he does a good job with his partners. What was interesting to me was last season when Joanna danced with Maks while Derek was ill, I found myself enjoying her for the first time-even with the stumble! (And it wasn't just the Maks eyecandy factor.)
    I obviously blame ABC more for feeling the need to shove Derek down our throats, but I guess if you're a fan, you won't see it that way I think Derek needs someone on the level of Kate Gosselin, or even MJH or Debi Mazar that he actually has to work on and with, and who's going to provide a challenge to him, dance wise. I do agree he's probably one of the best dancers; that I've never disputed, and I'd probably rank him #2 on the men's side behind Louis. I loved watching him and Julianne in pro dances. Choreography wise I used to think he was top notch. But his choreography with Joanna was seeming repetitive to Brooke, Lil Kim, and Shannon (give the pretty girl a skimpy costume, have her shake her booty in front of the judges, and voila, you get 10s). I just don't know why he's so above getting someone controversial or who they know can't dance just by looking at them. Thankfully, this show is unpredictable, and I'm hoping Nicole won't have such an easy time to victory. Everyone else has to prove themselves, she will week 1 and has to keep moving up, but I'm still not looking forward to the judges fawning over her "sexiness" and how she keeps raising the bar for everyone.

I would switch the Tony/Kate and Derek/Nicole pairings, but I'm really happy with the other pairs. Especially Maks/Erin, Aiden/Edyta and Evan/Anna. Oddly enough, I kind of miss Karina

And someone had asked about Samantha leaving the show-I believe it was her own decision. Definitely sudden, but she said she had other things she wanted to pursue and had kind of moved up in the entertainment interviewing world (I guess ET is a step above The Insider )
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3845514;
    From what I remember when Tony was paired with Susan, since she needed to be in NYC for AMC and he wanted to be home as much as possible since his wife just had their twins-they would leave either Tues. night or Wed. morning on the Red Eye from LA, and would be back in LA on Sat. Rehearsals and blocking start taking place Sunday, which is why I think Kate would be home 2-3 days tops. And that's not mentioning the toll flying back and forth and the time zone change. Also, the show has strict rules about not practicing outside the studios or when the cameras are not there. So it's not like Tony/Kate could just be practicing whenever they feel like and whenever her kids aren't around (and she might be able to film in her home if she has permission). I'm surprised TLC gave the go ahead for this and wonder how often we'll be seeing Kate's kids plucked in front of the camera, how much of Kate screeching we'll be seeing about making sure the camera men get all the good shots and her kids keep smiles on their faces. If Kate acts up around her kids and pulls the crap she got so infamous for, I can't see Tony liking that very much.

I obviously blame ABC more for feeling the need to shove Derek down our throats, but I guess if you're a fan, you won't see it that way I think Derek needs someone on the level of Kate Gosselin, or even MJH or Debi Mazar that he actually has to work on and with, and who's going to provide a challenge to him, dance wise. I do agree he's probably one of the best dancers; that I've never disputed, and I'd probably rank him #2 on the men's side behind Louis. I loved watching him and Julianne in pro dances. Choreography wise I used to think he was top notch. But his choreography with Joanna was seeming repetitive to Brooke, Lil Kim, and Shannon (give the pretty girl a skimpy costume, have her shake her booty in front of the judges, and voila, you get 10s). I just don't know why he's so above getting someone controversial or who they know can't dance just by looking at them. Thankfully, this show is unpredictable, and I'm hoping Nicole won't have such an easy time to victory. Everyone else has to prove themselves, she will week and has to keep moving up, but I'm still not looking forward to the judges fawning over her "sexiness" and how she keeps raising the bar for everyone.

I would switch the Tony/Kate and Derek/Nicole pairings, but I'm really happy with the other pairs. Especially Maks/Erin, Aiden/Edyta and Evan/Anna. Oddly enough, I kind of miss Karina

And someone had asked about Samantha leaving the show-I believe it was her own decision. Definitely sudden, but she said she had other things she wanted to pursue and had kind of moved up in the entertainment interviewing world (I guess ET is a step above The Insider )
    I'd take Karina over Kate Gosselin.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

TMZ is saying that Kate has the basement of her new house converted into a dance studio, at her own expense. The funny part is that the article then goes on to say that Kate said she is doing DWTS "because she is a single mom trying to make money".

Hey Kate, how about not spending money rconverting your basement and save that money?

Kate Gosselin - 'Dancing in the Basement' | TMZ.com

+ Reply to Thread