+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Re: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3845088;
    On the plus side, Anna is pretty popular and many seem very happy she got what seems like a surefire contender (on paper anyway). I think Evan might do better than Nicole, for the reasons you stated and Evan is coming off a big Olympic win. Derek getting Nicole is a snooze, whereas Anna getting someone she can actually win with is a pleasant surprise. Plus, I'd be willing to bet more people know who Evan is over Nicole. And you're right that ringers come with controversy, and I'm sure it won't go unnoticed this time about her background, along with Derek getting another contender whereas poor Tony gets Kate. But I'm hoping there is some stiff competition from some of the people that we have to wait and see. I think this does have potential to be a really great season and better than last time (spring seasons usually are) but I don't want a clear cut path to victory for anyone. Let's make it interesting! The pros, Tom, CA, and the producers all seem really happy with this season, and I'm sure most of the pros are happy that almost everyone seems to be more on a level playing field (at this point, that's the way it looks to me). That's why I'm hoping Nicole isn't a lock for anything. If she comes in as a ringer who doesn't improve and doesn't have any peaks or triumphs, that'll get old. Get someone who has a breakout week and only goes up, that'll hopefully be what wins, and what I love about the show.

I actually don't have anything against Shannon, it's more Mark I want off my screen. But if she were to be around awhile, I wouldn't object. Plus I don't think she'll take any crap from Mark, so that'll be interesting Unless she tries and put on the all fake nice girl act like Joanna did last season, since she does have that reputation. Holly, Alyssa, and Rose have long been on my wish list to do the show (long time Charmed fan here). And of course, I loved Alyssa from her Who's the Boss days as well. I wish that was shown in re-runs.

I hope she gives Mark crap too, just in a good way. I have never cared much for Rose herself (or how she portrays herself) and I even boycotted Charmed for a long long time after Shannon's character was killed off. I finally caught it in re-runs and caught myself liking the character of Paige. That being off topic though, I wouldn't really like to see Rose on DWTS, but Holly and Alyssa for sure! Brian Krause or Julian McMahon would be wonderfull to see as well!

Are they going to screw poor Edyta, that loyalest soldier of the franchise, again with another crap (usually old) partner?

EDIT - Okay, I went and looked further. The "pairings" weren't revealed the same time as the stars. Edyta got "Aiden Turner", whoever that is. At least he's young (well, early 30s--close enough). Maybe he's clumsy? I mean it wouldn't suit the show to EVER give Edyta a contender--at least not intentionally. Bio says he's a Soap guy. In other words, a reliable, but only medium sized fan base.

I'd be willing to bet more people know who Evan is over Nicole.
    You gotta be kidding, right?

The downside of Nicole isn't that anyone else will be better known (I doubt it--people know her face even if not always her name), but perhaps that there'd be a lot of built in resentment accompanying it. We can fool ourselves and think that won't exist, I think, or be honest (and un-politically correct) and acknowledge it probably does. A certain percentage of women are going to hate Nicole Scherzinger automatically for being a public sex symbol.

along with Derek getting another contender whereas poor Tony gets Kate
    I'm not sure I've ever truly pitied Tony in anything until now. Poor Tony.

Pamela Anderson? Everyone will be following the bouncing boobies and waiting for a wardrobe malfunction.
    Probably. But you know something? I think Anderson may surprise us and actually be good. I have little to base this on other than her long history of shaking her money makers in other venues, but I have a feeling she may be a middle-show boot instead of the early show boot we might otherwise suspect. She's a bit long in the tooth now (42), but I bet she keeps in shape. Just a suspicion, since I don't see what else she could possibly be doing with her time.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-02-2010 at 12:17 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Poor, poor Tony!! I can't believe they stuck him with KG. How could ANYBODY stand her?! Hopefully she will be out FAST. Interesting that she can be a long distance mom to her eight kids. . .whatever. HOnestly do the producers think that people will watch to see her dance?? Yes, there will be drama to see her yell at Tony??? Will this cause the pro to "throw" the competition for the first time ever?? Can't believe it. So happy that Evan will be on. About 3 weeks into the competition when Kate and Jake are gone, this should be back on track. This is my only guilty pleasure and I'm not happy about them foisting these no talent wannabes onto this show!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3845160;
    Poor, poor Tony!! I can't believe they stuck him with KG. How could ANYBODY stand her?! Hopefully she will be out FAST. Interesting that she can be a long distance mom to her eight kids. . .whatever. HOnestly do the producers think that people will watch to see her dance?? Yes, there will be drama to see her yell at Tony??? Will this cause the pro to "throw" the competition for the first time ever?? Can't believe it. So happy that Evan will be on. About 3 weeks into the competition when Kate and Jake are gone, this should be back on track. This is my only guilty pleasure and I'm not happy about them foisting these no talent wannabes onto this show!

I saw KG on GMA this morning and she was babbling something about trying to manage her schedule with the kids and the rehearsals... and that they were "Of course" her number one priority... yeah right, the only priority she has these days is her self promotion. And I really use to like her.... now I just feel sorry for her kids.

Spaceman Buzz, will of course be the first to go.

That horrible Kate Gosselin will go second.

That annoying Niecy Nash (well, she's annoying on The Insider--and what's the deal with that? Was it part of the deal to get rid of Samantha?) should go early too. Lets say third out.

I just noticed Shannen Doherty.

She will be fun to have in there even if I bet she's a fairly early boot. Maybe... fourth out.

Bachelor Jake (this cross Bachelor--DWTS connection is getting REALLY lame) will be a late-early boot. Lets say... fifth out.

Chad Ochocinco?

They are really reaching here. He could be good though. I say... he gets sixth boot.

Pammy Anderson, god bless her silicone, will be 7th out.
    Last edited by Krom; 03-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

For those that didn't watch The Bachelor, it is ironic that they picked Jake for DWTS considering that the #2 woman (Tenley) was into dancing, and there was some discussion about how Jake would love to learn to dance with her.

Guess he was serious about wanting to learn to dance, just not serious about learning with Tenley. (Ouch!)

Regarding others, I was just telling someone the other day how happy I was that I hadn't seen Kate on TV or mags for weeks. Guess I forgot to knock on wood.

FORT Fogey

I don't like Chelsie with Jake. I've seen enough of Jake hanging around a little sister-type (Tenley). I wanted him to get Cheryl.
    I love Kate with Tony and Niecy with Louis.
    I am not a fan of Mark with Shannen or Nicole with Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl;3845205;
    I saw KG on GMA this morning and she was babbling something about trying to manage her schedule with the kids and the rehearsals... and that they were "Of course" her number one priority... yeah right, the only priority she has these days is her self promotion. And I really use to like her.... now I just feel sorry for her kids.
    Just saw a clip of her on TV, disco hair, chest falling out of her dress saying the same thing.... those poor, poor kids.... mommy and daddy got to be "stars" riding the backs of 8 little bodies who didn't ask for this.

GLad to see Evan competing! I love him! Hometown boy!
    Last edited by libgirl2; 03-02-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Tony will be able to handle Kate well enough. She will be a piece of work for sure just by herself . Throw the kids in...ohh boy!

I am loving Anna with Evan. Evan is really the only choice that I was really excited about with this season's cast. I am overall not impressed at all.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Makes me wonder if Lacey and Karina were on this season who they would have gotten. I really believe Buzz was going to be for Kym, and I hope last season wasn't the end of seeing her. I don't think she'd ever turn into a money grubbing egotistical diva just by winning a stupid mirrorball trophy. I know the pros are underpaid, but it's the show's loss if others get paid more (especially other winners) and they didn't want to play that game with her. But I really hope she's back next season. Kym's one of my favorites.

For the finals, I can't imagine it without Nicole/Derek but I really hope a message gets sent and someway, somehow, they're gone before then. A great season could only get ruined if he wins. Way too predictable of a pairing. They could have even given him Niecy Nash who would have been different from what he's used to having.

I think Buzz, Kate, and Niecy could be the first 3 potential boots. Likely in that order. As much as I want it to happen, I don't think Kate will go first. Too obvious, though Buzz might get sympathy because he's the old guy who's been to the moon. But he's paired with an almost unknown pro, as Ashly hasn't been on the show since season 3. That doesn't always help. Niecy I'm not sure if she'd be known to the average viewer compared to some of the others. I've watched Reno 911 and Clean House, but didn't recognize her from there. On the Insider she certainly makes her presence known. I won't ever underestimate Louis, especially after last season, but Kelly was more well known and had the transformation from foul mouthed goth girl to foul mouthed ballroom princess.

The one criticism I have about Evan is I find him a tad on the boring side. Anna, the fiery red head with lots of spunk who speaks her mind, might be a good balance. I'm rooting for him mainly because of her, because this is a once in a lifetime pairing for Anna. Other than that, I say finals bound. I think Chad, Aiden, and Erin will be among those fighting for the 3rd spot in the finals. I saw a pre-show DWTS cast party and Erin/Maks were in it. They look stunning together, and I'm hoping there's great things to come from those 2. Plus, she's got her own sympathy factor of being the stalking victim of the peeping tom. Jake will probably sneak in there and finish high, or at least close enough to wear the show can still pimp off him for the upcoming Bachelorette season. Besides, aside from Trista, it's not like ABC will let one of their own go early at this point in the series. I'll eat dirt if the final happens to be Evan, Nicole, and Jake.

Shannon and Pamela, if they have absolutely no rhythm in any ounce of their bodies and don't have the nostalgia factor working in their favor, will probably be early ousters. Other than that, they might surprise. Pamela has the disadvantage of having the only true newbie in the series, so that could potentially work against her.

+ Reply to Thread