+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Re: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

UGH to Derek and Nicole!

Yay goes out too: Anna/Evan, Chad/Cheryl, and Louis/Niecy!

My pre-show favorite 3!!!!

Anna FTW!

POOR, POOR Tony

Aiden and Edyta will be a nice looking pair!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

My pre-show dream final 3 is Erin/Maks, Aiden/Edyta, and Evan/Anna. In my perfect world, Kate/Tony (sorry Tony ) leave first, and then Nicole/Derek take a shocking second elimination, Shannon/Mark third, and then I can enjoy the rest of my season in peace.

I'm feeling Evan more now that he didn't get the obvious (Cheryl) and that Anna finally has a serious shot, probably the best shot ever, to take home the trophy. Maybe the show did learn something from Kym's semi-Cinderella victory last season.

VAgirl, I saw you posted a few pages back about Jake not being very popular. I don't watch the show so most of my info is from the gossip mags, and all I know about this season is the girl who wound picking isn't popular and the scandal of the producer/contestant. Aside from that, seems like a pretty quiet, dull bachelor
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Ugh, it figures that Derek would get Nicole. Who does he have the goat pictures of? His arrogance is such a turn-off, I'd love to see him get an early exit.

I think the Erin/Maks pairing has potential since she's not totally clueless (she used to be a dance team member in college).

I'm sad for Tony, but I wouldn't count them out first. At a couple of other boards I read, they are salivating over Kate being on this show. She has her very vocal supporters that I can see dialing their fingers off.

I think Cheryl/Chad will do well. Judging from his TD dances, he's not the typical stiff football player. He's a cut-up, too, so he should amuse.

I'm glad that Anna has finally gotten a partner that should be around awhile. They should make a very striking couple, I just hope he washes the gunk out of his hair.

I love Edyta, but I know nothing of her partner, Aiden, other than that he's pretty.

Hopefully will be an interesting season.
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

The one thing I'm remembering about Kate and Buzz going early are some other contestants who seemed like early ousters-Master P, Ty, Cloris, Tom Delay, Wayne Newton. And they lasted a few weeks or longer than most expected. Kate going first is wishful thinking. I have nothing against Buzz, and maybe he'll actually surprise everyone, but just a hunch there. I will be somewhat disappointed if Kate outlasts other couples if she's really as bad as she's saying. But that wouldn't be a first on this show. I do know she does have very vocal defenders who probably would be voting like crazy to keep her on, keep her sanity intact that people like her, and to prove some sort of a point. And of course, there's always Vote for the Worst I think Niecy might be in trouble due to fanbase issues. I'm not sure how well known she is, and some people who have heard of her don't like her. I like her, but shows what I know about her, I thought she was originally on The Real Housewives series and that was her only claim to fame. Even though I'm thrilled about the Evan/Anna pairing, I still hope it's not predictable with those 2 and Nicole/Derek. Derek's fanbase probably can't be competed with, but those who aren't fans don't know what he has on the producers. Even Julianne and Mark had to endure Adam Carolla and Kim Kardashian. So even though he seems like a sure thing for the finals, many people thought the same thing about him and Lil Kim. Judging from DI and Vote #1, both he and Kim, and he and Joanna were typically middle of the voting process for most of their respective seasons. I think there are other people who could be breakouts that could take out even the biggest ringer. The forums I visit besides this one, no one is happy about the Derek/Nicole pairing. I never watched AMC, but it seems like Aiden was quite popular. I'm hopeful for Edyta and Maks to do really well this season.

If Kate or Buzz escape the first elimination, I really have no idea who it could be.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 11:14 AM.

Karalott, I almost 100% agree with you. I'll say 97%, because while I don't like Mark at all, I do love Shannon (huge huge Charmed fan here, and admittedly would have rather seen Holly or Alyssa on DWTS, Alyssa especially probably would be AMAZING); you're other picks though, for the top 3 and first out, I love.

I'm interested to see what Chelsie does w/Jake too. I have never watched a single ep. of the Bachelor/ette (I DVR'd last night and FF through to the DWTS announcement), so I'm not turned off to him. He is kinda hunky, and Chelsie does have a history of taking her partners far even though they don't seem like they'd do well pre-season. She's cute as a button and seems sweet too, so I wouldn't mind seeing her do well. I'm also a big Cheryl fan, so I hope she and her partner make it pretty far too.

I want to know who Derek is paying in the casting department!

Nicole was destined to not be liked by many anyway, cause I'm sure she has some dance experience that is going to come into play. I personally don't care too much to get way into a persons background, but now she is extra screwed cause she got him, and pretty much everyone wanted him to get a dud!

That's the only thing that scares me with Evan being with Anna, is that the "experience" card is going to be played, just like it was with kristi! So Anna finally gets a good one, but people may not care for him due to that.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3845067;
    I want to know who Derek is paying in the casting department!

Nicole was destined to not be liked by many anyway, cause I'm sure she has some dance experience that is going to come into play. I personally don't care too much to get way into a persons background, but now she is extra screwed cause she got him, and pretty much everyone wanted him to get a dud!

That's the only thing that scares me with Evan being with Anna, is that the "experience" card is going to be played, just like it was with kristi! So Anna finally gets a good one, but people may not care for him due to that.
    On the plus side, Anna is pretty popular and many seem very happy she got what seems like a surefire contender (on paper anyway). I think Evan might do better than Nicole, for the reasons you stated and Evan is coming off a big Olympic win. Derek getting Nicole is a snooze, whereas Anna getting someone she can actually win with is a pleasant surprise. Plus, I'd be willing to bet more people know who Evan is over Nicole. And you're right that ringers come with controversy, and I'm sure it won't go unnoticed this time about her background, along with Derek getting another contender whereas poor Tony gets Kate. But I'm hoping there is some stiff competition from some of the people that we have to wait and see. I think this does have potential to be a really great season and better than last time (spring seasons usually are) but I don't want a clear cut path to victory for anyone. Let's make it interesting! The pros, Tom, CA, and the producers all seem really happy with this season, and I'm sure most of the pros are happy that almost everyone seems to be more on a level playing field (at this point, that's the way it looks to me). That's why I'm hoping Nicole isn't a lock for anything. If she comes in as a ringer who doesn't improve and doesn't have any peaks or triumphs, that'll get old. Get someone who has a breakout week and only goes up, that'll hopefully be what wins, and what I love about the show.

Karalott, I almost 100% agree with you. I'll say 97%, because while I don't like Mark at all, I do love Shannon (huge huge Charmed fan here, and admittedly would have rather seen Holly or Alyssa on DWTS, Alyssa especially probably would be AMAZING); you're other picks though, for the top 3 and first out, I love.
    I actually don't have anything against Shannon, it's more Mark I want off my screen. But if she were to be around awhile, I wouldn't object. Plus I don't think she'll take any crap from Mark, so that'll be interesting Unless she tries and put on the all fake nice girl act like Joanna did last season, since she does have that reputation. Holly, Alyssa, and Rose have long been on my wish list to do the show (long time Charmed fan here). And of course, I loved Alyssa from her Who's the Boss days as well. I wish that was shown in re-runs.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 12:01 PM.

That is very true! I'm happy she has a contender for once!

I agree with you, that this does seem like it could be a great season. I think there will be a lot of suprises in store about some of these contest's dance ability, or at least I hope there is!

March 22 seems so far away

Re: *DWTS Season 10 Official Cast*

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3843916;
    Ok on who's earth is Kate Gosselin a Celebrity? Who is going to be handling that gaggle of kids she has while she is trying to work another 15 minutes of fame? Who's next Octomom?
    She will be on Season 11.

I seriously hope KG is out and fast, I want to watch the show, but will NOT support it with her being on it.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Kate needed someone like Louis or Tony, both who have proven records of being totally tolerant, encouraging, and getting the absolute best out of their partners that their partners can possibly give. Their partners truly become over-achievers when viewed objectively.

Louis did a tremendous job with Kelly last season - above and beyond what anybody (but perhaps he himself) expected. However, Louis is only 5'7 himself, isn't he? If Kate is 5'7 also, that would put her taller than he with the heels in which the women dance. Therefore, I think that the 6'0 Tony was the logical choice as her partner.

Personally, I think that she should have gotten Derek.

For the sake of drama, the pairing would have been Maks but that is only if dancing isn't really one of the primary goals of the show.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

+ Reply to Thread