+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Going into the show I'm rooting for Niecy and Erin, but will reserve judgement on the others I'm iffy about.

I wonder if Kate knew she wasn't getting her requested partner and maybe it surprised her, or maybe things aren't really going so well. If it's Maks, we'll definitely hear about it Pamela and Kate I think would be just about pushing it for Derek and Louis but I guess it's still possible. Louis seems excited about this season, so unless he's been living under a rock, he has to know Kate isn't popular. I read the new guy Damien is on the tall side, so that's why I think Pamela, Kate, Erin go to Tony, Maks, and him and that Derek and Louis will get Nicole and Niecy. I wouldn't mind the new guy getting Kate. Especially if he's a one time pro. None of the pros seem like they're on the quiet side, except Tony, but he's got frustration there that comes out. Derek would probably get almost as frustrated as Maks being paired with Kate. That'd be the ideal test for a newbie.

My ideal pairings would be:

Shannon: Mark (allegedly confirmed already-besides, it might be the clash of the divas)
    Erin : Tony (would love to see Tony have another great run, and they'd make a pretty looking pair)
    Nicole: Maks (I just want Maks around this season! And I think they'd bring a pretty good dynamic and sizzling routines to the dancefloor)
    Kate: Derek (sorry Derek, you're waaay overdue)
    Niecy: Louis (think they could be a lot of fun together)
    Pamela: Damian or whoever the other guy is

Buzz: new girl
    Evan: Edyta (I want her to win dang it!)
    Aiden: Anna
    Chad: Chelsie (even if he might be a little too tall for her)
    Jake: Cheryl
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 01:14 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3844740;
    I wonder if Kate knew she wasn't getting her requested partner and maybe it surprised her, or maybe things aren't really going so well. If it's Maks, we'll definitely hear about it
    Where did you hear Kate didn't get her requested partner?

Kate was on Jimmy Kimmell tonight. He asked her if she'd met her partner (she said they'd been working together 3 days-which I'm hoping safely rules out Tony and Maks), and Jimmy asked if she got to pick her partner. She said no, but requested someone and the producers said they thought her choice was too quiet for her. The interview was kind of awkward. I don't know if Kate's just nervous about the type of reception she's going to get or what. But she seemed kind of distant when talking about her partner and how it was going.

It's going to seem really weird not seeing Kym or Karina getting a partner tomorrow. The article I read said Kym and her agent went after more money to renew her contract, but obviously you don't play the money game on a show where they can go pluck another pro from anywhere. However, I worry that if Kym's contract was up completely, that means she won't be back at all in the future It was probably a way, too, to send a message to the other pros. I doubt Kym, Karina, Dmitry, or Lacey expected to be on the sidelines this season.

I am hopeful this is a good one.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 02:12 AM.

Thrilled that Evan will be on the show! My streak of supporting Olympians will certainly continue!

I guess I'm the odd one in that I don't mind Kate Gosselin doing the show. Should be fun for her, plus the money is great. Can't hurt, especially without money coming in from TLC now.

Not looking forward to Erin Andrews. At all. I feel horrible for what she went through, but my dislike of her runs deep, back to when she was a studio host for TBS' Atlanta Braves coverage and utterly stunk at it. Oh how I wish our announcer Skip Caray was still alive... I can only imagine the snark he would heap her way for being on this show, seeing as he was snarky to her on a regular basis as it was.

Hoping Buzz does well. I don't watch AMC, but I've seen it a couple times in the last year or so. Aiden's a decent actor; I'll look forward to seeing him as well. Never heard of Mr. Football (I hate football) and am totally bored with the football theme. Can't we mix it up and try baseball, basketball, or heck, even hockey? Niecy's voice is annoying on Insider, but otherwise I know nothing about her. Don't care for Shannon or Pam. Nicole seems like she has ringer potential.

I'm absolutely horrified at Jake being on the show. FWIW, no, he is not that popular. At least not on the message boards. Check out the Bach forums, and you'll see the snark factor aimed towards this guy. Their great ratings were due to a manufactured scandal and catty behavior by the winning girl and the mess it caused, IMO. I do watch The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, and I progressed from thinking Jake was an okay guy at the beginning of the season to thinking he is a complete and utter idiot who irritates the heck out of me over the span of his season. Best thing about the finale was he was going to be off of my TV screen. But noooooo, I get to endure him on DWTS as well.

ETA: Oh, if you can, go to ABC's Bachelor website and watch the first part of the Fantasy Date episode. Should be the episode listed directly before the Women Tell All one. Watch him try to dance in the marketplace with his date for the day, Gia. It was not pretty. His tenure will be painful to watch, I'm guessing.
    Last edited by VAgirl79; 03-02-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Re: *DWTS Season 10 Official Cast*

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3844302;
    Oh yah Aiden is like hot butter on your breakfast toast.
    Although, I'm surprised ABC would cast him on this show since they fired him from AMC...unless they brought him back. I haven't watched in a while - did Aiden get rehired? No matter, I'll watch for him and for Evan....and Maks, of course

I can only hope that Kate gets booted first. I don't want that woman on my TV. I have a feeling Shannon is as a-rhythmic as her ex-husband. Ashley. I'd love to see her get booted right after Kate.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: *DWTS Season 10 Official Cast*

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3844491;
    If only I didn't know.
    Ha if only!

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

I would really like to see Derek get stuck with Kate. That would be fun to watch. They would both hate it.

I would like to see Louis paired with Nicole, they could be great together, I think she is short enough for him.

DWTS seems to have less stars every season. At this rate, in a couple of seasons we will be seeing people from local public access television stations trying to get their 15 minutes of fame on DWTS.

I am soooo excited about Evan!

Nicole Scherzinger should be very, very hot, especially in the Latin dances.

But Pam Anderson, Jake Pavelka & Kate Gosselin??? What have we ever done to deserve this!?

And I'm sure Vienna will be there, getting another 15 minutes of fame.. rooting for her man.. yuck!

Conrad Greene, executive producer of the show, has said he thinks this will be the most memorable cast ever and that he's happy they were "able to get people they've been after since the first season". No idea who on that list they've been pursuing that long I always hate when they tout the cast as being the biggest, most diverse, most experienced, most dramatic, and now most memorable.

Maks has tweeted that he loves his partner, thinks she's cool, and hopes he makes everyone proud this time. So unless he's being sarcastic, I don't think he got Kate. I wish Derek would get her, but the show has an infatuation that they can't bear to pair him with anyone even remotely close to her level. I bet he gets the ringer. I mean, it's not like he's never had one I saw a clip from Cameron Mathison on GMA from his DWTS days. The good ol'days. I really hope Edyta gets a contender, or at the very least gets someone she can have fun with and not another early out.

Kate Gosselin coming up on GMA. Her partner? Not Maks (thank God). But poor Tony What do Derek and Mark have on the show, and who's loved one did Tony kill to get on the producers bad side? I knew I wasn't lucky enough to have Derek or the newbie get Kate. So much for unpredictable pairings. If Cheryl gets Evan and Nicole gets Derek, this season already takes a huge dive for me.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-02-2010 at 08:40 AM.

Erin is partnered with Maks. Good. At least he's got a shot.

+ Reply to Thread