+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/01 - DWTS Season 10 Official Cast Reveal Discussion

Re: *DWTS Season 10 Official Cast*

Do we know any of the pairings? Please please please let Maks get Nicole so he can stick around for a while. Also, they would be steamy hot together.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

I just don't want to hear every single week how Kate is doing this for her kids and that's all that matters!!!

I should have know that she was vying for a spot when she was asked what other reality show she would like to do and she said DWTS. I just didn't think ABC would be that cruel to us!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The pairings won't be revealed until tomorrow morning on GMA, and Tom said tonight a new cast member will be on as well-I don't remember if he said a new dancer or an actual contestant.

I may tune into Jimmy Kimmell tonight just to see if Kate spills the beans on who she's paired with. Someone on the official ABC board said Mark was paired with someone from 90210, and that was yesterday before we knew anything about Shannon being on. So Mark/Shannon are likely together, and Evan/Cheryl are just a guess since they've become good friends and are always tweeting each other. If Maks or Tony can't get Nicole, I hope one of them gets Erin. I think she's got the potential to do really well, as she's wanted to do the show a long time and says she wants to show that not everyone at ESPN dances like Kenny Mayne (oh, let's hope she makes it far enough to be featured on DanceCenter!) and besides, she and either Maks or Tony would make quite the pretty pair.

Looking at the cast, I can kind of see why the pros who got cut did.

Does ABC/Disney own TLC?

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07;3844489;
    Derek really needs a clunker! At least Cheryl has had a few. Derek has NEVER paid his dues! He'd probably be such a sour puss if he actually got one !
    I think Derek should be paired with Buzz.

(No disrespect to Buzz...)
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 03-02-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Here's my analysis on the cast - and will say that when you have classic actors and such who we'd much rather see dance instead of many wannabes, they really need to look at this stuff again.

1. Pamela Anderson - You're going to have a lot of PETA people touting how she is so wonderful there, and she may win simply because of her affiliation to it. Since she's on, I hope that she wins on her skills, not activism.
    2. Chad Ocho. . . . (football guy, can't spell his name) - I'm guessing this is Ochocinco, whom I find to be the token NFL player. That said, he is an interesting character and if he can combine the two, he'll be a decent dancer.
    3. Aiden Turner - Don't know him, so I can't say. If he's a soap star though, then it's the token soap star.
    4. Erin Andrews - don't know her, so I can't say.
    5. Shannen Doherty - Iffy here, and given they have had Ian Ziering on the show, she can be seen as the token 90210 gal. That said, I'm actually interested to see if she will do a decent job or become such a primadonna that she ends up getting ejected from the show (she's been fired from at least one show I know of).
    6. Buzz Aldrin (GOOD JOB those who called him!!!!) - I have to admit, I will respect him for even going out and dancing, given there are a lot of people my age and younger who don't even know who he is (an astronaut). That said, I do think his age will be a potential issue here.
    7. Niecy Nash - Not sure who this is.
    8. Nicho Sch... - If this is the Pussycat Dolls singer, I will say that I don't mind singers, even in girl bands, competing here; however, I would hope they take a page from Kelly Osbourne though and be open to change (including more modest clothing).
    9. Evan Lysacek (yay!) - I agree, I will enjoy seeing him dance. While I do agree that his being a dancer of sorts on the ice is an unfair advantage... there is a chance that it's really not. Why? - steps on ice are not the same on regular hard flooring. This is why I had no problems with Kristi Yamaguchi or Shawn Johnson dancing - both did well, but the steps were still different from what they do in their sport.
    10. Kate Gosselin - Piss poor choice. I would say that Jon Gosselin could actually use this as a case to get custody of the children - at least through the season. This could end up being a huge PR fiasco if the two end up fighting during the run of "DWTS."
    11. Jake from the Bachelor - PUHLEEZE - he's already had his 15 minutes of fame. I wasn't fond of Melissa competing so soon after her appearance on the Bachelor, even though she was a good dancer. I feel the same way with Jake here - it's also a shameless plug for ABC (especially when you have other people from shows on ABC in these competitions.

Note to ABC - we're tired of the C, D, E, and F list celebrities and wannabes. Buzz and Evan are ironically the only ones I don't see here because they defied odds (Buzz moreso than Evan) to reach their goals. I don't see the others really doing this - up to their life in the case of Aldrin (it wasn't too many years after Apollo 1's capsule fire tragedy that Aldrin went to the moon).

Give us some of the classic actors and people we want to see - old TV show actors, just people who would appreciate the experience, not the media attention (though yes, this is a perk in doing this type of show).

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3844606;
    I think Derek should be paired with Buzz.
    , I second this nomination!

I applaud the old ones for trying, but they just don't have it in them to last long enough. (No pun intended!)
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

This cast sucks! Should I begin to watch the Bachelor now? I haven't watched since Travis's season, and that seems like years ago. Why are they casting people from a reality show that not everyone sees? If they're going to for the reality show contestants--not including the tabloid reality stars like Kate and KimKar--then they should go for the American Idol contestants or the early castaways of Survivor. Now those would be well-known reality stars. I know that would be hard, since they're from a different network and all. But yeah, I personally don't like The Bachelor/ette contestants being cast.

Where's Paula? I was kind of hoping she would be cast. She would have been crazy to watch!

I knew Kate would get on the show! I knew it! They always go for that controversial sort of character each season, and I had a feeling she would be it this season.

I haven't heard of Niecy, but I've only heard good things about her so far. If she can dance well, I think she'll make it far.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3844648;
    T
    I haven't heard of Niecy, but I've only heard good things about her so far. If she can dance well, I think she'll make it far.
    If you have ever watched Clean house. The show with people who live in clutter and filth. Mrs Niecy is not one for mayhem and foolishness. lol. I have never seen Reno 911.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;3844630;
    Here's my analysis on the cast - and will say that when you have classic actors and such who we'd much rather see dance instead of many wannabes, they really need to look at this stuff again.

1. Pamela Anderson - You're going to have a lot of PETA people touting how she is so wonderful there, and she may win simply because of her affiliation to it. Since she's on, I hope that she wins on her skills, not activism.
    2. Chad Ocho. . . . (football guy, can't spell his name) - I'm guessing this is Ochocinco, whom I find to be the token NFL player. That said, he is an interesting character and if he can combine the two, he'll be a decent dancer.
    3. Aiden Turner - Don't know him, so I can't say. If he's a soap star though, then it's the token soap star.
    4. Erin Andrews - don't know her, so I can't say.
    5. Shannen Doherty - Iffy here, and given they have had Ian Ziering on the show, she can be seen as the token 90210 gal. That said, I'm actually interested to see if she will do a decent job or become such a primadonna that she ends up getting ejected from the show (she's been fired from at least one show I know of).
    6. Buzz Aldrin (GOOD JOB those who called him!!!!) - I have to admit, I will respect him for even going out and dancing, given there are a lot of people my age and younger who don't even know who he is (an astronaut). That said, I do think his age will be a potential issue here.
    7. Niecy Nash - Not sure who this is.
    8. Nicho Sch... - If this is the Pussycat Dolls singer, I will say that I don't mind singers, even in girl bands, competing here; however, I would hope they take a page from Kelly Osbourne though and be open to change (including more modest clothing).
    9. Evan Lysacek (yay!) - I agree, I will enjoy seeing him dance. While I do agree that his being a dancer of sorts on the ice is an unfair advantage... there is a chance that it's really not. Why? - steps on ice are not the same on regular hard flooring. This is why I had no problems with Kristi Yamaguchi or Shawn Johnson dancing - both did well, but the steps were still different from what they do in their sport.
    10. Kate Gosselin - Piss poor choice. I would say that Jon Gosselin could actually use this as a case to get custody of the children - at least through the season. This could end up being a huge PR fiasco if the two end up fighting during the run of "DWTS."
    11. Jake from the Bachelor - PUHLEEZE - he's already had his 15 minutes of fame. I wasn't fond of Melissa competing so soon after her appearance on the Bachelor, even though she was a good dancer. I feel the same way with Jake here - it's also a shameless plug for ABC (especially when you have other people from shows on ABC in these competitions.

Note to ABC - we're tired of the C, D, E, and F list celebrities and wannabes. Buzz and Evan are ironically the only ones I don't see here because they defied odds (Buzz moreso than Evan) to reach their goals. I don't see the others really doing this - up to their life in the case of Aldrin (it wasn't too many years after Apollo 1's capsule fire tragedy that Aldrin went to the moon).

Give us some of the classic actors and people we want to see - old TV show actors, just people who would appreciate the experience, not the media attention (though yes, this is a perk in doing this type of show).
    I'm not 100% sure Pamela's affliation with PETA will help her a lot. There are plenty of people who may be for the better treatment of animals but are anti-PETA. Also, I think Pam's acting and reputation as a Hollywood party girl are going to be more lasting impressions on people. But that's just me. Everyone called Kristi winning her season before it started, and season 6 saw a ratings drop, which many assumed was due to her being on and being such an obvious female win by the show. I didn't consider Shawn a better dancer than Gilles, but she had her popularity which likely outdid him in the end. So even if Evan isn't as ringer-ish as I'm thinking, they're still going to pump every ounce of popularity they can. Just like with Jake and TB, and probably this leads into the new season of TBette, correct? Kate to me is a total and I only cringe to think of other media/fame hungry people like her octomom, Levi Johnston, now campaigning to get on the show. How can they really think she's any good to have on?

Most of the cast, like usual these days, is a typical 'huh' reaction from me. Aside from Evan, Nicole, Kate, and Buzz, it does seem like more of a unpredictable playing field but again, that's also going to matter who gets paired up with who as well. So everyone else is more of a wild card for me. Shannon and Pamela are better know than Erin and Niecy, NFL players always do well and though I've never heard of Chad, a lot of people have.

Pros are all pretty quiet on the twitter front.

+ Reply to Thread