+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

I would be surprised if it's anyone but her. Brother. Oh well, I'll enjoy the good snarking times she'll provide, and I don't think the media will go so easy on her this time. Especially since she originally said she had no interest in show business and just wanted to go back and teach. That, and her interviewing skills.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until the premiere to announce the co-host to keep everyone in suspense (or try to) but I figured we'd get the big announcement during TB finale. It's bad enough they have to announce the cast during that show. Maybe I'll get lucky and because Melissa is a former contestant on that show that's all it's about.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3836254;
    I would be surprised if it's anyone but her. Brother. Oh well, I'll enjoy the good snarking times she'll provide, and I don't think the media will go so easy on her this time. Especially since she originally said she had no interest in show business and just wanted to go back and teach. That, and her interviewing skills.

I wouldn't be surprised if they wait until the premiere to announce the co-host to keep everyone in suspense (or try to) but I figured we'd get the big announcement during TB finale. It's bad enough they have to announce the cast during that show. Maybe I'll get lucky and because Melissa is a former contestant on that show that's all it's about.
    Karalott,
    I really was hesitating coming on here, as i know your feelings about Melissa.
    When I heard that commercial on the Women Tell All that Tom and Melissa will be announcing the DWTS Stars, it certainly sounded like Melissa had gotten the job. But, hey, this is the Disney network and very strange things are known to happen here.
    I'm fine if that's the case, as I was hoping from Day 1 it would be Mel and I thought she had a very good chance. Still, it's never over until the fat lady sings - or in this case dances!

And, She's Got the Look is actually shown on TVLand. They are definitely not a sister network to ABC.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I hope you're not hesitant on my account If you were here during season 8 you know you're not alone in liking Melissa. That was a heated fan war that went on, but hopefully her being co-host it doesn't go back down that path. I'm of the belief that no matter who followed in Samantha's shoes, was probably going to get the same reaction as Samantha did. Given the list of potential choices, only Drew or Nancy were anyone I'd really care to see. Melissa I've just always thought came across as fake. Brooke Burke, I've said before, is like watching paint dry. I don't have a problem with Vanessa M. I don't think anyone else was really in the running. I still don't think the show really needs a co-host, as the backstage interviews had always seemed really pointless and just another way to kill 15 seconds. I may not like her, and may even mock her potential decline in popularity/Hollywood opporunities but I'd never go as far as saying I'd seriously wish that happened for her. That or anyone else. It's a TV show that's biggest prize is a mirrorball trophy that ends up falling apart after a year anyway

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3836455;
    I hope you're not hesitant on my account If you were here during season 8 you know you're not alone in liking Melissa. That was a heated fan war that went on, but hopefully her being co-host it doesn't go back down that path. I'm of the belief that no matter who followed in Samantha's shoes, was probably going to get the same reaction as Samantha did. Given the list of potential choices, only Drew or Nancy were anyone I'd really care to see. Melissa I've just always thought came across as fake. Brooke Burke, I've said before, is like watching paint dry. I don't have a problem with Vanessa M. I don't think anyone else was really in the running. I still don't think the show really needs a co-host, as the backstage interviews had always seemed really pointless and just another way to kill 15 seconds. I may not like her, and may even mock her potential decline in popularity/Hollywood opporunities but I'd never go as far as saying I'd seriously wish that happened for her. That or anyone else. It's a TV show that's biggest prize is a mirrorball trophy that ends up falling apart after a year anyway
    Yes, I remember it well. And, it got pretty heated on here.
    But, I totally agree with you that it's all over a silly mirrorball.

And, we still don't have confirmation on it, anyway.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

So Melissa is the replacement?

FORT Fanatic

Noooo! Please not Melissa. When I heard the horrible news that she was helping Tom announce the new cast, I just about lost my lunch.

Go away Melissa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3836920;
    Noooo! Please not Melissa. When I heard the horrible news that she was helping Tom announce the new cast, I just about lost my lunch.

Go away Melissa!!!
    I agree! People complained about Samantha not being a good interviewer, but think she was 10 times better than Melissa will ever be. I will tape DWTS and fast forward Melissa if she is Samantha's replacement. Just can't believe it.......!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

FORT Fanatic

Well if Melissa is Samantha replacement, Law and Order here I come, so does Castle, the Good Wife, CSI Miami and HGTV. I will permanently give up that show. Period end of discussion.

I don't have a problem with Melissa as co-host, I think either she or Brooke would have suited since they have been through the process on the amature side and know how hard the celebs work each week.

She's been great in the few GMA segments I've seen.

FORT Fanatic

I thought it interesting that Melissa is announcing the cast with Tom next week although they could just be trying to do a Bachelor/DWTS crossover deal.

Melissa has twittered that "she can't say". Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if they announce her as the co-host when announcing the new cast.

+ Reply to Thread