+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3827689;
    I would like Brooke. She was involved with Next Rock Star or whatever, and I see her all the time on my "core secrets" dvds. She is very personable, and I think she would do a good job.
    I saw Brooke host a Gilmore Girls behind the scenes interview show and she was terrible!!! She had no rapport with the cast. It was obvious that she was reading from cue cards or telePrompter. The follow-ups seemed disjointed. I can't imagine that she'll do any better on DTWS when it's live. This is not the time to give someone a chance to add a new / on their resume...let's go with someone who can handle live tv, interviewing, bantering, and co-hosting. I say give it to Nancy....she's got class.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

If there is a God, we will NOT get Paula Abdul as the new co-host. Ugh!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I've read that many people don't like Melissa...I for one was only exposed to her on DWTS (I don't watch the Bachelor) and I thought she was great! She seemed funny and sweet, and she and Tony had such a brother/sister/goofy kind of vibe going. I think she would be able to recreate that with Tom...that might be more like father/daughter though.

I think Brooke Burke is completely boring. Her win was the most boring on in the history of the show.

Vanessa Minillo I might could live with, but she strikes me as fake.

I never minded Samantha really though. I wouldn't have been upset had she stayed.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Cindy Margolis is supposedly another name being considered for co-hosting, though at this point I think some people are just pulling names out of thin air (or these people are putting their names out there for press). Either way, with the choices we have so far, it looks like we'll just have another Samantha 2.0, with Tom coming out looking great, funny, full of wit, and charming as always. But I guess what would DWTS be if we couldn't snark on the co-host?

FORT Fogey

It makes no sense to me that they would not test some of the female professionals like Ashly or Anna that do not appear regularly on the show. It would be nice to have someone that has some dance knowledge to ask somewhat intelligent questions. Melissa, Vanessa, and Brooke are all horrible choices for me. Melissa would be the worst though. I would even like Stacy Kiebler better than these three. Brooke is the best, and I liked her on Rockstar, but she just does not have much personality. Melissa is too goofy, and Vanessa I did not like on that last show she hosted.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3833518;
    It makes no sense to me that they would not test some of the female professionals like Ashly or Anna that do not appear regularly on the show. It would be nice to have someone that has some dance knowledge to ask somewhat intelligent questions. Melissa, Vanessa, and Brooke are all horrible choices for me. Melissa would be the worst though. I would even like Stacy Kiebler better than these three. Brooke is the best, and I liked her on Rockstar, but she just does not have much personality. Melissa is too goofy, and Vanessa I did not like on that last show she hosted.
    My guess would be that, if they are professional dancers and still in their prime, they would prefer to be dancing than standing on the sidelines watching others do it. A dancer's career can be painfully short due to injuries, etc. -- like pro athletes, maybe they prefer to put off becoming teachers or commentators until they're ready to retire.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3833518;
    My theory is still they want someone as dumb, boring, and dimwitted as Samantha. So maybe that's a good thing they aren't considering these ladies. Charlotte Jorgenson (my favorite from season 1) had said way back she had asked to either co-host or judge, but Samantha somehow got the job. I don't know how many of these dancers actually compete anymore or would return to competing if they were off the show, but I'd love to see someone who isn't coming back this season be back there. Melissa just isn't a reporter or an interviewer. She might be good for some laughs though if she's anything like she is on ET.

My first thought is to say I'd like anyone other than Samantha....a more clumsy co-host would be hard to come by....but please not Brooke (boring). No to Vanessa (who?) as well. Melissa would be ok, but why can't they have a funny, sharp, quick-witted person co-host? Has anyone heard if Nancy O'Dell was in the running? Stacy Kiebler? Of course, my first choice is Drew. With him on the show it was fun to watch from start to finish. That Samantha grated on me like Melissa grates on most people on this board.

Oh, and if no one else is available, they should sign Miss Piggy. No need for a screen test. She'll be charming and snarky all in the same interview and we'll all have a good laugh.
    Last edited by LuvThisStuf!; 02-20-2010 at 02:47 AM.

They will probably pick Cloris Leachmen, since she is rammed down our throats evey chance they get. If this happens, I will stop watching the show.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I think Melissa, and to a smaller extent Sabrina, are just as bad at getting rammed down our throats. First they bring Melissa back for a 2 second performance during a pro dance, and then Sabrina "wins" the DAD with her old partner, Mark. I'm glad Sabrina's name hasn't been mentioned as being a replacement, but at this point, anyone but Melissa.

Sigh. Might be a bad week for DWTS for me Still waiting for official confirmation to see if 3 of my favorite pros made the cut, and Tom said today he'll be filming the cast reveal for the Bachelor finale, and that they'll be auditioning for a new co-host.

ETA: Off topic TV Junkie, but I love your avvie! He earned it!

+ Reply to Thread