+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Personally the only I want to see of Melissa Rycroft is her backside going through the backdoor and never seeing her giggly,toothy self again. Get on Gizzard!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I would take either Melissa or Brooke over Vanessa.
    She hosted some reality show on ABC that had pretty people on it.
    Winner had to be bneautiful on the inside, though, not just on the outside.
    I thought Vanessa sucked on that show.
    So, anyone but her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I could live with Brooke. When Derek wasn't hogging the microphone she was actually quite nice to listen to. It would also be nice to have a co-host that could bust a move on occasion. It could be fun.

I would like Brooke. She was involved with Next Rock Star or whatever, and I see her all the time on my "core secrets" dvds. She is very personable, and I think she would do a good job.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

I just saw on TV about it being between Vanessa M., Melissa, and Brooke. Oh please NO, not Vanessa. She is one of the few entertainment show host types who actually annoys and irritates me more than Samantha.

Brooke's a bit bland to me, and Melissa was someone I liked on DWTS but was generally irritated by on The Bachelor. Still, I'd take either one of them as co-host any day over Vanessa.

Stacy Kiebler would've been a good choice, IMO. Or Laila Ali.

Brooke to me is the better of those three options. I liked her on Rock Star, I thought she was nice to the contestants but didn't stumble all over her words like Samantha. Drew is still my first choice, due to his wit, but of the 3 it sounds like they are vetting I'd rather have Brooke. I might even listen to the interviews instead of skipping over them like I do now.

Brooke Burke would definitely be my choice.

I vote for Kenny Mayne!!

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3820994;
    I'll miss Samantha. I'm probably one of the few on this board who will.
    No, I'll miss her too. Along with you, I'm probably one of the few that was disappointed to hear she was leaving as I was afraid of who they might get to replace her, and right now the choices aren't looking very promising (Be careful what you wish for!).

I'll be the first to admit, she was out of her league as a co-host with Tom B, but often her WTF moments were harmless and easily laughable, so yes, I will miss her.

No one that they seem to have up for consideration right now really interests me except I would love to see Drew and I would be okay with Brooke. There are some other people I wouldn't really mind seeing either, but their names have not really been out there as actual prospects, more wishful thinking than anything.

I almost tuned out this show last season because it was such a snooze fest, and the story boarding was glaringly obvious and annoying, but I hung in there because I was really hoping to see Kym with a win. Depending on who replaces Samantha and whether or not they have any celebs I have an interest in seeing, I might seriously consider not watching. I already cannot even bring myself to watch The Bachelor, and this may be it for DWTS. I may have to just breakup with ABC as my Monday night date altogether.
    Blessed are those who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Brooke tweeted and said she is in fact going for the job and will be screen testing next week. Personally, I think the screen testing is more a smoke screen, and that they already have their person in mind but just want to drag it out or not make it look like they made a rash decision (just in case their choices completely bombs). Between those 3, I'd go for Vanessa. She's the only one of the 3 that hasn't had the pleasure of annoying or boring me. I could handle Brooke, but I think she'll be another Samantha without the funny. I found her to be overrated her season to begin with. Hopefully, there's no biases or favoritism in backstage interviews with a former contestant and their partner (and I still dread to think they might turn an interview into a "look at me! I did DWTS, too!")

I've never really seen much of Vanessa. I caught a few clips here and there of that beauty show she hosted. I also had the nightmare of catching Melissa on ET...yeah, reporting is not her thing when it's taped. I can't imagine how she'll do live and under pressure.

+ Reply to Thread