+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

FORT Fogey

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

Well if that is all the choices that we have to choose from, than we are in big trouble. I think there has to be a lot of other people to consider other than that list. I think that someone with a little dance experience would help, and definitely someone who can think on their feet since it is live. Drew is the best of the choices I have seen, but I really think they need to widen the pool of choices a little more. I will for sure be tuning out if Melissa gets the job. I cannot tolerate her on my television another time. This was the first year in a long time I did not watch the Dick Clark New Year's. Between Ryan Seacrest and her too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3820060;
    Even though I like Melissa I don't think she has the wit to hold her own with Tom.
    From what I've observed during the far too many times I've seen the vacuous dolt prancing like a show pony across my television, she doesn't have the wit to hold her own with Samantha, never mind Tom.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I really don't care if Melissa (the vacuous dolt) replaces Samantha (the other vacuous dolt). I would still watch the show. My viewing habits would not change in the least. I already TiVo the show and fast forward through all Samantha's segments. Between the stimulating co-hosts and the mindless filler that get FFd through I usually manage to get through each show in approximately 1/2 hr to 45 min. Now if they got someone good backstage it might require me to spend more time watching. Is that good?

I liked Melissa and she seems to be the top vote getter. She has an extremely high TVQ rating. That's why she's been on so many things.
    I also like Paula, but I think she's already inked her deal with Simon Cowell.
    There's no way this show would have 2 male hosts.

I'll miss Samantha. I'm probably one of the few on this board who will.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3820697;
    I really don't care if Melissa (the vacuous dolt) replaces Samantha (the other vacuous dolt). I would still watch the show. My viewing habits would not change in the least. I already TiVo the show and fast forward through all Samantha's segments. Between the stimulating co-hosts and the mindless filler that get FFd through I usually manage to get through each show in approximately 1/2 hr to 45 min. Now if they got someone good backstage it might require me to spend more time watching. Is that good?
    That's a good point. I also FF through Samantha, so no reason why I couldn't FF through Melissa. But, I think if the show cares about this sort of thing they would want for people to watch the bulk of it, not FF through half of it. Of course, it would take longer to watch, so that's something to consider!

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3820697;
    Good way to look at it, DD. I don’t have Tivo; actually I like to listen to all the comments and interviews. But my friends who are not as into DWTS, SYTYCD, etc. as I am say they hate listening to commentary and interviews. Oh, well. (I's the same way about Project Runway, although I'm not a regular viewer I enjoy the judges' comments.) However, as far as DWTS - the Osmonds and Melissa grate on me. I am sick to death of them.

Speaking of the Osmonds, I'm surprised Marie isn't one of the named candidates.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Melissa's grinning face and perky chirp are the last thing I want to see every week. If she's there, I will just FF through them. The backstage interviews were interesting if the pros/celebs had anything entertaining or meaningful to contribute, but beyond that Samantha came off as a robotic, teleprompter reading reporter. I don't see Melissa being any better. They need someone like Tom who's quick with the witty remarks and comebacks and who can dish it out to the judges as well as Tom without making it seem painfully obvious or awkward.

FORT Newbie

Dancing With the Stars is one (quick)step closer to choosing a new cohost.

E! News has learned that ABC has only three serious contenders to replace the departing Samantha Harris: Melissa Rycroft, Brooke Burke and Vanessa Minnillo.

Each of the threesome has a connection to the show. Rycroft and Burke (who won the whole thing) were former contestants. Minnillo, meanwhile, is dating Nick Lachey, whose brother Drew won the disco ball trophy.

"They're only testing those three on camera for now," a production insider tells E! News. "The testing will happen some time next week."

If the casting session doesn't work out, ABC has a backup plan to "rotate past contestants" in the role as backstage interviewer, with Rycroft, Burke, Drew Lachey and Nancy O'Dell among those at the top of the list.
    I think I might cry. Just skip all this, and bring back Drew for crying out loud!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-13-2010 at 06:37 AM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Why not Nancy? Brooke is boring. Vanessa M. would probably be my pick among those 3. I think she hosted some reality show on ABC at one point. I'm surprised her name is brought up, but if she also has that connection to Drew, I guess that might help her. Drew was a breakout so ABC doesn't know what they're talking about. People have had petitions going since season 5 to get him to replace Samantha. I hope to God it's not Melissa. Just that thought and having to endure that all season...last season was so much more peaceful not having the fan wars going on. I can't imagine that every season.

Who knew a wonderful thing in Samantha finally leaving would have me wanting her to return just to avoid Melissa? I'd rather see them rotate them out. But I know that won't happen. I think it's inevitable who's going to get it.

+ Reply to Thread