+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

The only thing that worries me about Paula not being in line for the co-hosting job is that, if there's any truth to the TMZ rumor, she's going to be a contestant. It would be nice to get someone that can equally balance Tom, not be so robotic, and crack a joke here and there (instead of being the joke). But maybe that was the show's intention with keeping Samantha. Anyway, if Paula were to be a contestant I'd really have to question this show. Unless they got 11 other contestants that could match her in the dancing department or could equal her popularity, I just don't think it's right or fair to put a woman who's spent her entire career as a professional dancer/choreographer. And the last thing I'd want to watch is 12 celebs who can already outdance their partners. I don't think Paula would win, though her popularity would take her far. But I'd question how much of that the show would have in for her.

I hadn't seen this name come up, but I wonder if Stacy Keibler would want to do it. She seems like a pretty popular contestant, and in her 2 seconds of Dance Center last season seemed to do well. I think she'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3815327;
    Melissa is a total famewhore. She lied and we were used to give her fame. She was never the left behind woman, she had a man waiting all along, and her song and dance was all orchestrated. She would literally make me tune out. She is so giggly and goofy, and even though I thought it was impossible, she would be worse than Samantha.

Ever since she lied on The Bachelor about not having a boyfriend for five years, and than one comes out that she dated literally months before filming, I cannot watch The Bachelor or Bachelorette anymore, and anything with her on it . I just hope Jason and Molly are doing good still, and I bet just like me they wish Melissa would go away.
    Such WORD to this entire post.

By the way, I saw an article saying that Melissa recently got a job on "Entertainment Tonite" dong the same type giggly reports that she's been doing on GMA. Maybe it's in the media thread. Anyway, at lease she won't be replacing Samantha. Someone was correct in saying she's too polarizing.
    Last edited by tango7; 02-04-2010 at 07:39 PM.

I just got my People Magazine this week and Melissa is the top vote getter in their poll for who should take over for Samantha. Drew is in 2nd place.

I think she is a lot like Jake the Bachelor. People who are really into the show hated him but the general population loves him and his is one of the most popular Bachelor seasons ever.

My house really likes Melissa - as do most people I know. I personally would love to see her as the co-host! For those of you who are don't like her - I would be prepared that she might be the next host - she tests well with audiences...otherwise she would not be on GMA, ET and Dick Clark's new years eve!

Billy Bush says it's down to 5 people and he's pulling hard for one of them (per his twitter). So I'm wondering if Nancy O'Dell is in the running. Please, just anyone but Melissa! Her whole Bachelor break up was just a charade anyway and she only lucked out getting on DWTS because Nancy had to go and hurt her knee (it wasn't like she was picked before). She's probably got Dick Clark's New Year's Eve because ABC put her on GMA and I'm not sure who techinically owns ET but hopefully that's a sign that she won't be available to host DWTS. If her fans would only watch because of her and no other reason, it's not worth it to those that would tune out because of her or have to hit the mute button everytime she's onscreen.

FORT Regular

Woudn't it be funny if Nancy get the job and for some reason has to drop out and Melissa replace her... again. LOOOL!

I'd love to see Melissa in that role! She has seemed to be universally liked by her colleagues on the entertainment shows, which could mean great rappoire with the pairs (as could her previous experience as a contestant). And, (to me) she doesn't have a prima donna attitude at all. Also, Tom seems to like her quite a bit.

So far, I haven't seen anyone on the potential new cast list that would entice me to watch. I may watch the premiere to see if anyone catches my fancy. Of course, I'd love to watch Tony, Maks, Louie, Tom, and Brrrrruno, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time and inclination to watch the whole season. I'll definitely check it out a bit if Melissa is co-host, but no way would I be watching 3 hours a week for just the co-host bits!

Nancy O'Dell would be OK with me, too. Other than Paula, I missed mention of the other candidates.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3815478;
    Jason/Molly are getting married and I heard their wedding is going to be televised on ABC. Since I know the Melissa fanatics will sink their teeth in that and probably petition to ABC to pull the plug on it, I may just watch to see them get their happily ever after. At least they're not lying or shy about their intentions.

I put this in the spoilers/spec thread, but the new cast is now going to be revealed during the night of The Bachelor finale on March 1st. I seriously hope that's not a bad sign that at the end we get a horrible surprise as to who the new co-host is. Cue the Psycho music from Janet Leigh's famous shower scene if that's the case. Hopefully they're not cutting into everyone's rehearsal time just to give her her big announcement.

I am a Melissa fan, but I'm looking forward to Jason and Molly's wedding on March 8th. I am a sucker for weddings. I would have been disappointed if they hadn't shown it and I hope we hear something from Jill and Ed soon.

This franchise is doing the best it has done since seasons 4 or 5. Jake is getting super ratings, but this will probably be another season where you will feel like puking in the end.

I hope DWTS does pick Melissa to co-host with Tom this season. They get along very well and that is a plus. I just don't think they will choose a man, but I do like Drew Lachey. I don't know if anyone has posted the People Magazine poll, but here it is.

6% Mario Lopez
    8% Cheryl Berke
    10% Paula Abdul
    35% Drew Lachey
    42% Melissa Rycroft

The reason I don't want Melissa is to prevent a repeat of season 8. She may not be a contestant, but it'll be worse-she'll be a co-host. People who don't like her will treat her just like Samantha, bringing the snark into full gear. In fairness, Paula Abdul would get the same treatment. People who are the uber-fanatics of Melissa will go overboard in defending her, trashing and comparing the new contestants to her, probably going as far as saying she makes Tom look bad (I'd seriously consider that the funniest line ever uttered if someone seriously thought anyone could outshine Mr B.), have some screwy idea she should be a judge even though they said all season she had no dance experience, she should appear in pro numbers, come back as a contestant-and the list would go on and on (and on and on). I'm not referring to the people who can accept that people don't like her It's the ones who seem to be making it their life's mission to keep her in the spotlight by following every media opportunity and campaigning for her to get it.

I know what I want in a co-host, someone that can hold their own with Tom, not make it sound like they're robotic and reading from a telepromoter, I don't want some past contestant continually referring to "I've been there, done that" and making the moment about themselves. I didn't think Melissa had the charisma or the personality to be a reporter during DWTS and no matter what anyone says, my opinion won't change.

Bring back Drew!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3819486;
    and the list would go on and on (and on and on). I'm not referring to the people who can accept that people don't like her It's the ones who seem to be making it their life's mission to keep her in the spotlight by following every media opportunity and campaigning for her to get it.
    Yeah, it would go on and on and on and on, and on and on (I added a few) people jumping to her defense, about how unfair people are about her and the inevitable "guess she showed Jason and Molly!", yada yada yada blah blah blah. I recall threads being shutdown/locked because of all the fighting. I saw Melissa on ET and she's the same giggly, grinning hot mess that she was on GMA doing the same puffball assignments.

Actually, as far as Samantha's replacement I liked Lisa Canning (she co-hosted with Tom on DWTS's first season). But apparently she wasn't what they wanted or she moved on or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3819486;
    I know what I want in a co-host, someone that can hold their own with Tom, not make it sound like they're robotic and reading from a telepromoter, I don't want some past contestant continually referring to "I've been there, done that" and making the moment about themselves. I didn't think Melissa had the charisma or the personality to be a reporter during DWTS and no matter what anyone says, my opinion won't change.

Bring back Drew!!!!
    You said it perfectly. Even though I like Melissa I don't think she has the wit to hold her own with Tom. Samatha was already colossally bad at it, we don't need another one. Drew has the wit, and proved already that he can react to Tom and do a good job.

+ Reply to Thread