+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

FORT Fogey

Re: Samantha Harris - Co-host

My personal opinion is that regardless of who they put backstage it won't be long before the board is ragging on that person as well. The fact is that it is going to be difficult to get someone backstage that can hold his/her own against Tom - who is fantastically good - upfront.
    Take my advice. I am not using it.

Perhaps a reunion with his Hollywood Squares boss Whoopi Goldberg is in order?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fanatic

I think this would be a great gig for Melissa. I read she's in LA this week. I wonder if she's there meeting with DWTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie24;3814183;
    I think this would be a great gig for Melissa. I read she's in LA this week. I wonder if she's there meeting with DWTS.
    I would seriously consider not watching if that happened. The celebrity line-up would have to be incredible to get me to come back.

This show is not necessary to my life, Melissa would be a deal-breaker.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Sad thing is, if the rating saw any shread of increase over last season, her fans would gloat it's her doing. A lot went wrong with last season, so any changes, plus a spring season, are probably going to give the show a boost. I don't get to watch the show on Mondays live, so I can just FF through her pieces. It's Tuesdays I'd have to watch out for

I agree MF, I would watch but it would be really hard to have to face that every week Didn't Melissa at one time have no intention of doing anything show biz related? How I wish she had kept and meant that promise.

FORT Fogey

Melissa is a total famewhore. She lied and we were used to give her fame. She was never the left behind woman, she had a man waiting all along, and her song and dance was all orchestrated. She would literally make me tune out. She is so giggly and goofy, and even though I thought it was impossible, she would be worse than Samantha.

Ever since she lied on The Bachelor about not having a boyfriend for five years, and than one comes out that she dated literally months before filming, I cannot watch The Bachelor or Bachelorette anymore, and anything with her on it . I just hope Jason and Molly are doing good still, and I bet just like me they wish Melissa would go away.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3814327;
    I agree MF, I would watch but it would be really hard to have to face that every week Didn't Melissa at one time have no intention of doing anything show biz related? How I wish she had kept and meant that promise.

It seems everything out of her mouth was a lie. She seemed to be a character made up to give her a chance at fame and The Bachelor their story to push into the next ratings bracket. I for one am so hoping this turns out to be a false rumor, and she is not on my television again.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3815327;
    Melissa is a total famewhore. She lied and we were used to give her fame. She was never the left behind woman, she had a man waiting all along, and her song and dance was all orchestrated. She would literally make me tune out. She is so giggly and goofy, and even though I thought it was impossible, she would be worse than Samantha.

Ever since she lied on The Bachelor about not having a boyfriend for five years, and than one comes out that she dated literally months before filming, I cannot watch The Bachelor or Bachelorette anymore, and anything with her on it . I just hope Jason and Molly are doing good still, and I bet just like me they wish Melissa would go away.
    Jason/Molly are getting married and I heard their wedding is going to be televised on ABC. Since I know the Melissa fanatics will sink their teeth in that and probably petition to ABC to pull the plug on it, I may just watch to see them get their happily ever after. At least they're not lying or shy about their intentions.

I put this in the spoilers/spec thread, but the new cast is now going to be revealed during the night of The Bachelor finale on March 1st. I seriously hope that's not a bad sign that at the end we get a horrible surprise as to who the new co-host is. Cue the Psycho music from Janet Leigh's famous shower scene if that's the case. Hopefully they're not cutting into everyone's rehearsal time just to give her her big announcement.

I agree....I don't want Melissa. She needs to realize that her 15 minutes are up and go enjoy her life out of the spotlight. Some other true celeb alums that I can see being tagged to replace Samantha are: Drew (Duh!), Cameron Mathison (he's now in LA full time with AMC and the network loves using him, he's already a correspondent for The View and has done some spots for GMA), Lisa Rinna (not really a fan, I think she's just as annoying and dim-witted as Samantha), Marissa Jared Winokker or Cloris Leachman both stand out for their personality and carisma so would be great back there to calm the nerves and banter with the contestants when revealing scores and begging for votes.

Without knowing the roster for the season yet I would speculate on Julianne or Corky as being potential co-hosts. As far as the "P-Factor", I think it would be a huge waste for Paula to come back to network tv as a commentator for this show. She has too much dance knowledge to be backstage like that.
    I am fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

I like Melissa, but I'd rather not have her as co-host She's too polarizing a figure, and I don't want that taking away from or overshadowing the show. The focus should be on the dancing partners and not the co-host.

I'd say any other celeb who's been on before would do nicely.

+ Reply to Thread