+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3850746;
    I was thrilled when I heard that Harris was cut. I suspect her crude kissing comment was the final straw.
    What was the comment again? I'm delighted I won't have to listen to her make awkward comments and be off on her timing. I must have muted that comment!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Brooke might surprise. I never watched Rock Star but remember her from Wild On and did like that show. I don't think she can be any worse than Samantha and it may only be a one time thing if she doesn't connect with the audience or they just decide there's no need for a co-host (especially if there's no going backstage to get your scores like CA claims-that cuts the job in half right there). I remember either last season or season 8 there were rumors she was going to join the cast as the 4th judge, like SCD did this year. Thank god that never happened. I still find her boring and perhaps one of the most overrated contestants ever (definitely most overrated winner).

I vaguely remember the Samantha kissing comment but would love details, too. This is Samantha, who was the queen of being oblivious. I do wonder if it was entirely her choice to leave.

I didn't catch Kathy Ireland on ABC last night but reading reviews from across the web, her interviews on the red carpet were considered one of the top 5 worst things about the 2010 Oscars. Guess I missed a real show there

FORT Fogey

I saw Brooke on Rock Star and she did reasonably well. Didn't add much, but also didn't distract. Dave Navarro was the real host of that show. I missed her season on DWTS, so no opinion of her there. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt going in. But, I have to agree with other posters upthread that suggested Tom Bergeron could do the job all by himself. I think he's hilarious, and has great comedic timing. IMO he doesn't need a co-host.

I think I'll wait and see how she does. This may give her a chance to show what she has.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Brooke Burke is making an appearance on "The Doctors" today on CBS if any one wants to catch her.
    Last edited by MiniDiva; 03-09-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3850948;
    Brooke might surprise. I never watched Rock Star but remember her from Wild On and did like that show. I don't think she can be any worse than Samantha and it may only be a one time thing if she doesn't connect with the audience or they just decide there's no need for a co-host (especially if there's no going backstage to get your scores like CA claims-that cuts the job in half right there). I remember either last season or season 8 there were rumors she was going to join the cast as the 4th judge, like SCD did this year. Thank god that never happened. I still find her boring and perhaps one of the most overrated contestants ever (definitely most overrated winner).

I vaguely remember the Samantha kissing comment but would love details, too. This is Samantha, who was the queen of being oblivious. I do wonder if it was entirely her choice to leave.

I didn't catch Kathy Ireland on ABC last night but reading reviews from across the web, her interviews on the red carpet were considered one of the top 5 worst things about the 2010 Oscars. Guess I missed a real show there
    1st bold: If they're not having backstage interviews, then why the need for a co-host? Big hoopla for nothing. Tom would be a fantastic host all on his own!

2nd bold: Yes, please refresh my memory about that kissing comment. I'm starting to remember a huge cringe.....but can't remember exactly. (Maybe because every week there was another cringe-worthy moment.)

3rd bold: Kathy Ireland is a very pretty lady, but vapid interviewer. Poor thing. Loved her dress, though.

FORT Fogey

I don't really care who co-hosts, but I feel badly for Melissa. I hope she isn't too disappointed. She could probably use more experience, though, before something this big. I just think she's a doll.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3851046;
    Brooke Burke is making an appearance on "The Doctors" today on CBS if any one wants to catch her.
    I am quoting myself here! I watched Brooke today and she was asked back on their show by popular demand as their "special mommy correspondent". She did great and was a lively participant yet a very mature and grounded person. She is co-CEO of modernmommy.com.

She will be a great addition to DWTS IMO. This season is shaping up nicely!

Melissa is fine. From twitter:

"Brooke will do a fabulous job! She's got all the experience, beauty and grace :-). She and Tom will be great!!"

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3850746;
    I was thrilled when I heard that Harris was cut. I suspect her crude kissing comment was the final straw. I was almost as thrilled as I was when I heard Abdul was fired.

I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but . . .

Samantha Harris was not cut, and Paula Abdul was not fired. Samantha had a successful run on Broadway last year in “Chicago”, and she’s been a co-host on “The Insider” for a long time. In January she quit her DWTS gig. Paula also quit “American Idol” and will be involved with Simon Cowell’s show after he leaves AI (no, he wasn’t fired, either.)

+ Reply to Thread