+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3845121;
    Please, NOT Melissa, and I'm not saying I'm sorry to her fans. There is nothing to apologize for.

Ever since she was a Bachelor reject this woman has had one gig after another – not to mention a lot of money - dropped in her lap. She has grinned and giggled her way thru the last year and I say enough already. I am sick of Melissa being shoved in everyone’s face.

I saw where Mel B. has auditioned to be Samantha’s replacement, and I actually think she would work out very well.

Melissa Rycroft is far too polarizing. If they haven't found a replacement, they should consider rotation co-hosts and hopefully leave Melissa out of the mix.
    After skipping the BACH season once again, I had to tune in to see the announcements last night for DWTS. I was somewhat heartened to see that Jake's announcement explained her presence on that show. Maybe it was a test run, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Note: Surely tptb would not foist BOTH Jake AND Melissa on us in the same season??? Surely not?!

I would LOVE watching Melissa as a host on DWTS. She has a great personality that comes across on camera and I think she would be fun to watch.

Scary spice though...really? Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;3845164;
    Just saw this...don't know how reliable it is, it is from The LA Music Industry Examiner..tried to post the link but it didn't work.

Dancing with the Stars Season 10 officially kicks off on Monday, March 22nd. Tom Bergeron will be joined by new co-host Melissa Rycroft, who competed in Season 8 of the Dancing with the Stars.

examiner.com
    I "spoke" too soon, can't believe it RATZ!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;3845164;
    Just saw this...don't know how reliable it is, it is from The LA Music Industry Examiner..tried to post the link but it didn't work.

Dancing with the Stars Season 10 officially kicks off on Monday, March 22nd. Tom Bergeron will be joined by new co-host Melissa Rycroft, who competed in Season 8 of the Dancing with the Stars.

examiner.com
    I am a little surprised and puzzled. Melissa has done well with what she has been given to do; however, Samantha backstage could sometimes come across a little catty and almost mean in her questioning of the contestants. What I don't really understand is if that is what she was supposed to do in her role.
    If so, Melissa is probably going to have trouble fitting into Samantha's role because I have never seen Melissa be mean-spirited at all. She has gotten on people's nerves with the grins and chirpy happiness and that kind of thing, but I have never seen her in a role where she tried to deliberately cause a person any kind of discomfort. If she is supposed to be "tough", then this may be either a stretch for her or not a good fit.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3845171;
    I "spoke" too soon, can't believe it RATZ!!
    To which I add, crap. Crappity crap crap crap. There are many "celebrities" that I don't care for, but do understand why other people like them. However the passion some hold for the mindless, the inane, the dim-witted simply because they are "bubbly" (which, I iterate, translates to shiny and empty) confounds me. I was able to tolerate Samantha's genial ineptitude without issue, but an ongoing onslaught of perky, grinning vapidity may be just a bit to much for me to handle.

Arrgghhhhh!!!!!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Not to rub it in the face of anyone who strongly dislikes Melissa, but if it's true. Yay!

Okay that was rubbing it in, but she just makes me happy every time I see her.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Well, at least it keeps the tradition (sorry Lisa Canning, I don't include you!) of having someone "not so swift" backstage.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3845199;
    Not to rub it in the face of anyone who strongly dislikes Melissa, but if it's true. Yay!

I agree with you, though I wish she weren't so polarizing. I tend to be on the perky side myself, toned down over the years as I get older.
    What I don't understand is why people tend to equate perky with stupid? I wouldn't consider myself dumb and I had heard somewhere (though I can't promise it's accurate) that Melissa has a degree - maybe in finance?

No, no, no! Say it aint so...ughhh! I'd take Samantha over Melissa anyday and that's saying tons!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3845199;

right back at you!

+ Reply to Thread