+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3840743;
    Tom and Cheryl were sitting on a bench and Melissa was sitting on Tom's knee. I think he would want a co-host that he knows he gets along with.
    Typical of Melissa "sitting on Tom's knee". The girl has gotten her share of TV attention since being dumped by Jason. I don't think I could stomach her every week on DWTS. There are other more worthy past contestants that should get the job.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3840965;
    What was it that Mel B was compared to, a truck driver? I think she would be a horrible fit for the co-host job. She comes across as very crass and rude to me.
    Agreed. The mere thought of being subjected to Mel B. week in and week out makes my skin crawl. IMO, her behavior and much of what she says is both tacky and obnoxious. Couldn't stand her during Season 5, didn't like her with the Spice Girls, and don't like her in general. I loved Helio and was thrilled when he won. But I was almost equally thrilled that she lost.

Still wish they would have gotten Laila Ali to do it. She'd be great, I think!

FORT Fogey

I love Mel and Melissa! This is a winning situation for me! I think I prefer Melissa since Mel has that accent! I don't really like that too much but I can put up with it because I love Mel! She'd really "spice" up the show! Laila is not that great a host. But I love her too!

PLEASE NOT Melissa, sorry to those who like her, to each his/her own. Drew would be my first choice because I thought he did a great job when he filled in during Samantha's maternity leave.
    Sadly, I would tend to think that they'd be looking for a girl for eye candy. Mel B would be my next choice. Melissa would honestly keep me from watching the show unless they SEVERELY limited her role.

So? Is it official? Why didn't they announce Melissa as the co-host? Tom just called her a "special guest".

I'd like to see Brooke Burke in the role, actually. I think she'd do a good job. I liked her on Rock Star. I just don't want to see either Melissa or Drew. I didn't care for him when he was on the show, liked him less when he filled in for Samantha.
    Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one's own person is its ultimate reward.
    --Patricia Sampson

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3843200;
    PLEASE NOT Melissa, sorry to those who like her, to each his/her own. Drew would be my first choice because I thought he did a great job when he filled in during Samantha's maternity leave.
    Sadly, I would tend to think that they'd be looking for a girl for eye candy. Mel B would be my next choice. Melissa would honestly keep me from watching the show unless they SEVERELY limited her role.
    Please, NOT Melissa, and I'm not saying I'm sorry to her fans. There is nothing to apologize for.

Ever since she was a Bachelor reject this woman has had one gig after another – not to mention a lot of money - dropped in her lap. She has grinned and giggled her way thru the last year and I say enough already. I am sick of Melissa being shoved in everyone’s face.

I saw where Mel B. has auditioned to be Samantha’s replacement, and I actually think she would work out very well.

Melissa Rycroft is far too polarizing. If they haven't found a replacement, they should consider rotation co-hosts and hopefully leave Melissa out of the mix.
    Last edited by tango7; 03-02-2010 at 12:36 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7;3845121;
    Please, NOT Melissa, and I'm not saying I'm sorry to her fans. There is nothing to apologize for.

Ever since she was a Bachelor reject this woman has had one gig after another – not to mention a lot of money - dropped in her lap. She has grinned and giggled her way thru the last year and I say enough already. I am sick of Melissa being shoved in everyone’s face.

I saw where Mel B. has auditioned to be Samantha’s replacement, and I actually think she would work out very well.

In her defense, in each one of the gigs after DWTS she was hired and paid by TPTB. She is no longer on the reality circuit where she applies and is accepted to be on a show.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Also in her defense, where has she been "shoved down our throats" except ABC and maybe E!? Is she on anything on NBC, CBS, Fox, etc...? I haven't seen her on any of those networks, but I apologize if I'm wrong about that. I watch a ton of t.v., and the only network I've ever seen Melissa on is ABC, so I would imagine there are a great many shows out there one could watch without seeing or hearing her, if you dislike her that intensely.

Just my opinion, but I happen to like Melissa and think she seems like a genuinely upbeat person who would be a lot of fun to be around.

Just saw this...don't know how reliable it is, it is from The LA Music Industry Examiner..tried to post the link but it didn't work.

Dancing with the Stars Season 10 officially kicks off on Monday, March 22nd. Tom Bergeron will be joined by new co-host Melissa Rycroft, who competed in Season 8 of the Dancing with the Stars.

examiner.com

+ Reply to Thread