+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Wow! Here's a new development out of left field... Perhaps they're not happy with their 3 finalists...
    'Dancing with the Stars' Could Get Scary

Posted Feb 25th 2010 7:11AM by TMZ Staff

Former "Dancing with the Stars" contestant Mel B. is in the running to fill Samantha Harris' open spot as co-host of the show ... sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Scary -- season five's second place winner behind Helio Castroneves -- was invited to the studio yesterday for a screen test. If Scary ends up getting the job ... let's hope they make her wear those ridiculously skimpy outfits again.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3840202;
    Wow! Here's a new development out of left field... Perhaps they're not happy with their 3 finalists...
    Don't know how anyone else feels about this, but on my part - Yay!!! I like Mel and she seems to have the gift of the gab, which puts her way ahead of a sizeable percentage of the competition. Plus (and big bonus this), she doesn't giggle or wear a constant mindless grin.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think she'd be great! Next to Drew, Mel was my other #1 choice. I think she'd be a lot better than the other choices mentioned-doesn't sound like an obvious teleprompter reading interviewer, speaks her mind, opinionated, could definitely hold her own with the judges and Tom (who I'd love to see dodging her for always pinching his behind ), and I think would have great chemistry with the other couples.

Though I'm in that minority on this board who likes Melissa R., I'd enjoy Drew probably the best - loved it when he subbed. Behind him, I think Mel B would be fabulous - and much less polarizing.

Do you think they'd select someone without a screen test? I wouldn't mind either of the Mel's, but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for Drew!

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3840355;
    Though I'm in that minority on this board who likes Melissa R., I'd enjoy Drew probably the best - loved it when he subbed. Behind him, I think Mel B would be fabulous - and much less polarizing.
    I like Melissa too and I hope she gets the job. I just never warmed up to Mel B when she was on the show. I like Drew when he subbed, but I'm sure they are looking for a female.

I do know that Melissa and Tom get along very well. I saw a photo a few months ago of Melissa, Tom and Cheryl Burke and Tom and Melissa were teaching Cheryl how to twitter. Tom and Cheryl were sitting on a bench and Melissa was sitting on Tom's knee. I think he would want a co-host that he knows he gets along with.

I love Mel B! She and Tom would be great together! Keeping my fingers crossed that she's the one!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I wasn't a fan of hers when she was a Spice Girl and I wasn't a fan when she was on the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Next to Drew which is my personal first choice (even though I don't think he's in the running) I think Mel B. is a good choice. I liked Brooke on Rock Star, so she's fine for me as a choice, but I think Mel could be a good foil for Tom. When Drew was on and they had the back and forth jokes going was the best. Samantha never could do that.

FORT Fanatic

What was it that Mel B was compared to, a truck driver? I think she would be a horrible fit for the co-host job. She comes across as very crass and rude to me.

+ Reply to Thread