+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DWTS couples featured in new SI Swimsuit Issue

DWTS couples featured in new SI Swimsuit Issue

Hitting newsstands this week:
    'Dancing With the Stars' couples gyrate in swimsuits

Feb 9 2010 01:15 AM ET
    by Annie Barrett

I realize this headline could apply to any episode of Dancing With the Stars — but this time the hard-bodied dance pros’ signature near-nudity is for a print-based cause. Luckily, there is also video. Four former Dancing With the Stars couples are featured in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue — Maurice Greene and Cheryl Burke, Chuck Liddell and Anna Trebunskaya (pictured), Ty Murray and Chelsie Hightower, and Lawrence Taylor and Edyta Sliwinska. Sadly, the ripped-for-her-pleasure Alec Mazo/Natalie Coughlin Speedo pictorials are nowhere to be found.

Watching the SI.com videos, I couldn’t decide which was weirder: that the pros were choreographing such contained ballroom moves on the spot, or that Edyta was not wearing leg warmers in a behind-the-scenes type of setting. Both were horrifying but hypnotic; emphasis on the latter. I have to give Chuck the MVP for Best Effort among the former contestants — he provided the strongest lifts and quickest dips, and of course Anna Tre-BUN-skaya really sold them. Ms. BUN is so generous: “I don’t know what’s sexier here — your eyes, or me,” she teased Chuck. Anna, it’s you.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS couples featured in new SI Swimsuit Issue

The ladies look fantastic as always. Though I'm surprised by the pairings. I would have liked to have seen Jason/Edyta and Emmitt/Cheryl, and Louie/Chelsie (though Louie has his plate pretty full right now). Something about Ty/Chelsie seemed...I don't know, weird. She's standing there in a bikini, he's twirling a rope around her in his rodeo gear. It just looked weird seeing these girls all decked out in swimsuit while the men were dressed in their respective sport clothing.

I can't wait for the new season to start!

+ Reply to Thread