+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Okay, so I know the last season is barely a week finished, but there is one name who has speculation swirling around him: Harlem Globetrotter Herbert Lang. If that name sounds familiar-yep, it's Flight Time, aka one half of Flight Time and Big Easy from the last season of the Amazing Race. On his official Facebook profile, he just simply had a "Hmm" to it, but I would love to see him on the race: he showed he could have some dancing chops (the farm dance in the Netherlands, dancing to the opera music), and well, he's a Harlem Globetrotter. He is used to entertaining in this sort of arena (albeit playing the Washington Generals as opposed to dancing a paso doble) and he will bring smiles to many.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Who knew even people like him would float from one reality show to another? I wouldn't mind them taking a break from casting the token NFL spot and perhaps cast some people from the baseball/hockey/basketball/soccer arena. I know Olympians are pretty standard and that's fine, there's a ton of different sports besides the crowd favorites they can pick from and they don't have to go with an extremely popular, well known Olympian, like Shawn or Kristi.

I've already commented in the media thread, but I'd throw Latoya Jackson out there as a possibility. Maybe even Jermaine, as he was a rumor for season 9 as well. I mentioned Oscar winner Charlize Theron said she's a fan of the show and would want to do it. Rita Wilson, Tom Hank's wife, has been contacted before and considered it but chickened out at the last minute.

And for me it's never too early to start the spoiler/speculation train for this show. It's one of the best parts And after season 7 ended it was only a week and rumors about Steve-O being cast came out.

On the pro front, Julianne had said she won't be back next season, but isn't ruling it out for the future. Karina, Dmitry, Alec, and Edyta all said if they were asked they'd love to return. Maks's rep said he has a contract that goes beyond season 10 so he's likely going to return if asked, and he wants to come back.

I hope that Louis comes back again, he's always been one of my favourite choreographers and I was so glad that he made the finals. I doubt we're going to see any different faces, though.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

FORT Fogey

I might return to watching if the cast was better than this season (Donny O and Tom DeLay sealed the deal for me). Flight Time would be great! and now that Lisa Leslie has retired from the WNBA she could be fun - but Becky Hammon would be the darling if we could get her away from playing hoops overseas. How about Bonnie (the great speed skater olympian). For a comedian - how about Tim Allen or Jerry Seinfeld (a well known name)? For reality tv, how about Supernanny? Let's see how she tames the judges - since they often act like they need the naughty spot!

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3761539;
    I hope that Louis comes back again, he's always been one of my favourite choreographers and I was so glad that he made the finals. I doubt we're going to see any different faces, though.
    I think the pros we saw this season will pretty much all be back next season, unless they want to sit it out. The only ones the producers would probably opt to not bring back likely be Jonathan, Anna T, and Alec. While they definitely have their fans and people who love to see them, I think the show would consider the other pros irreplaceable. If they downsize the cast, someone will have to go. Louis might fall on that list, though I think he made quite an impression with Kelly and gained a whole new fanbase (despite already being popular). If they bring Flight Time, I wonder if they'll keep Anna D.? She's really the only female pro that would be able to be paired with him and not look as awkward as Clyde Drexler and Elene Grinenko from season 4. Edyta would be the only other logical choice. I was excited to see some pros from seasons past make some cameos this season, both on the show and in the promos (Nick Kosovich and Jesse DeSoto for starters). Considering they didn't do the pick a pro contest this season, I doubt we'll be seeing anyone new.

Speaking of Lisa Leslie, here's a cute video from when she and Maks were on Superstars this past summer. It was behind the scenes from Brandi, and Maks is giving her a dance lesson.

YouTube - ABC Superstarsart3

It's never too early to bring out this thread. I agree that the speculation/spoilers thread is one of the best parts!

I would love Lisa Leslie on the show. She was awesome on The Superstars. I wonder who would partner her though. Who's the tallest male pro?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3762758;
    It's never too early to bring out this thread. I agree that the speculation/spoilers thread is one of the best parts!

I would love Lisa Leslie on the show. She was awesome on The Superstars. I wonder who would partner her though. Who's the tallest male pro?
    It'd be either Jonathan or Dmitry. Jonathan I think is just 6", and I've read Dmitry is a little taller by a few inches. They'd be the only ones, unless they brought in a new pro (I'm thinking that kid who lost the pro contest to Anna).

I was thinking of all the people to bring from Superstars, they had to go and cast Joanna, the one person I never wanted to see again And pair her with Derek on top of it. T.O. I know I never have to worry about seeing on this show. Lisa would be great. I would love to see Maks partner, Kristi, be paired up with him. They're still really good friends.

I read that the producers might have to choose between Maks and Karina....

Maksim or Karina? One's Out on 'DWTS' | PopEater.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3762758;

I thought Maks was pretty tall till I saw him next to Lisa.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by summerrain43;3763084;
    I read that the producers might have to choose between Maks and Karina....

Maksim or Karina? One's Out on 'DWTS' | PopEater.com
    Maks is my pick by a long shot!
    ~In music one must think with the heart and feel with the brain.~ George Szell

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast