+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3780714;
    Partridge Family ... Brady Bunch ... Gilligan's Island !!!
    I agree on the comments that anyone but Danny Bonaduce from "Partridge Family." That said, while I think it'd be great to see her dance I have to admit that I'd worry a little about Susan Dey, if only because of image issues given at one time she was anorexic (I was a borderline one a few years ago, and still catch myself at times comparing myself to others and slipping on eating).

Brady Bunch, I think Barry Williams has danced, so he's out. Not sure Ann Davis would want to dance, but Florence Henderson would be a perfect one.

Gilligan's Island is severely limited now - as far as the original cast, only the professor, Mary Anne and Ginger are alive. Haven't heard hide nor hair on the original Ginger (or the replacement, but she was forgettable IMHO), and I'm not sure if Russell Johnson would want to participate, but I'd love to see Dawn Wells (MaryAnne) participate. The only thing that she's got against her - possibly - was the marijuana possession charge a while back (which she did pay the fines and such for though)

A totally off the wall one - Desi Arnaz Jr. I don't know why I thought of him or Lucie Arnaz, except for possibly their parent's backgrounds. That said, I doubt either would accept.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3780737;
    Connie Selleca-now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.
    It'd be interesting, because she looks great at her age, and even rivals some of the women dancers as far as looking almost their age. Now, her tendency for practical jokes could be a factor in case they asked her to be on (let's just say I've read some of the doozies' she's played), but I think she could overcome that.

I think talk show host Wendy Williams would be a riot to watch. I'd love to see her and Samantha interacting together I'd still love to get Joel McHale (the two of them together would be hysterical) but I know he can't because he's on an NBC show. I'd still love to get Tom Selleck (my mom would die) or Ted Danson. Rumor has it that there's another Three Men & a Baby sequel in the works (Three Men & a Bride). In terms of going back, I love classic TV-Valerie Harper, Morgan Fairchild, Erin Moran (of Happy Days fame), Marlo Thomas, Lynda Carter, and from the 80s and 90s Michael Keaton, Tim Allen (really anyone from the ABC TGIF line up or sitcoms/dramas of the 90s), Tim Matheson, Christian Slater, Neve Campbell.
    I don't know Williams, but a lot of these names would be good choices, and I think Selleck would be a hoot. Lynda Carter would be a good choice as well because I think she could possibly dance well and - combined with possibly Connie Sellecca, could show the nation you can be beautiful at any age. (Most of the time I"ve noticed the women dancers are either in their early 30s or younger or really old, such as Leachman).

I would definitely watch if Tim Matheson was on.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Hearing about Jennifer Grey, I got thinking of some other stars who were big back in the day but who pretty much disappeared from sight (whether due to scandal, fading out, or just leaving the limelight behind). Adding to the list would be Rick Moranis (have pretty much loved him in everything he's done), John Goodman, Anthony Michael Hall, Emilio Esteves, Andrew McCarthy, Jonathan Silverman, Rick Schroeder (he was one of my sister's crushes back then), and while he's in his 70s, Christopher Lloyd (hey, Jonathan Frakes can do a Star Wars themed paso and Chris can do a Back to the Future one ), Rhea Pearlman, Joe Pesci, Daniel Stern, and while I'd doubt he'd do it, let's get the big kid himself, Paul Reubens aka Pee-Wee Herman. Oh, and I'm still hoping to see Jaclyn Smith, Cheryl Ladd, and Valerie Bertinelli take the stage one day.

In regards to the Brady Bunch, I'd give a thumbs up to Florence if for any other reason because she said she'd want to be partnered with Derek. And while I'd enjoy watching Florence, dance wise I think she'd finally be a challenge for him to work with. Of course she'll forever be Ma Brady, a beloved TV mom of a cult favorite. So popularity wise she might have a lot going for her. Ann Davis is 83, so I'm not sure if she'd be up for it or fare very well. Barry would probably be my first choice, with Susan Olsen my second. She's kind of been back in the spotlight a bit for the past few years, more than I've seen her before. Dawn Wells is probably the only Gilligan cast member who could or would do it. Even with her arrest, look at Steve-O, Aaron Carter, Kelly Osbourne, Ashley Hamilton, and wasn't more than half the cast last season arrested at one time or another?

Comeback stories are something the show likes, or at least pretends to like. I'm not a big fan, but Tara Reid had one time wanted to do the show but at that time in the show's early history they didn't consider her family friendly enough. She hasn't had the best few years so this might be a new start.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3780876;
    I would definitely watch if Tim Matheson was on.
    OMG. So would I. He's always been 1 of my faves.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Well I saw someone mention Neve Campbell a few posts ago and I know she won't be an option as she will be filming Scream 4 starting in April. Plus she will be another that people may complain about as she has had formal ballet training.

Does anyone know when we'll start hearing anything official?

The cast is typically announced about a month before the premiere. So if it's a late March premiere, likely around the last week of February.

In terms of more spoilers, they'll probably be coming out more and more as the official announcement gets closer. Last season twitter gave away some celebs cast (Aaron, Kelly, and Debi). Donny, Ashley, and Tom were also spoiled pre-reveal.

I wonder if Nancy O'Dell will come on.
    Didn't she have to leave due to injury before the season started 2 seasons ago?
    I understand she's no longer on Access Hollywood, so I assume she's available.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3787193;
    I wonder if Nancy O'Dell will come on.
    Didn't she have to leave due to injury before the season started 2 seasons ago?
    I understand she's no longer on Access Hollywood, so I assume she's available.
    Nancy and Jewel. Nancy was originally paired with Tony, and blew her knee out just a week before the premiere. I think she officially had to drop out just days before the premiere, as Melissa (who came in as a replacement) had just 2 days to practice. I remember how crushed they looked sitting on the sidelines, and in the pre-show rehearsal clips she and Tony seemed to get along really well. Jewel I'm not crazy about, but I'd love to see Nancy get another shot. I'm not really a big AH viewer, but I'm bummed Nancy is leaving

+ Reply to Thread