+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict;3778350;
    Dr. Rey of Dr. 90210 says he wants to become a competitor of Dancing with the Stars.

Famous plastic surgery doctor Dr. Rey looking to become contestant on 'Dancing with the Stars'
    Looks like a lot of his patients have been on the show, so why not the doc?
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian;3779277;
    Too funny!!

I think, instead of trying to get on this show, he should, instead, try to get his board certification.

I have no idea why anybody would go to a non board certified pastic surgeon!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

If I hear any Gosselin's name attached to any show, I will remove it from my dvr list until the evil that invaded is no longer there.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

First time posting on FORT...so nice to read negatives about Karina and Derek...sick of both their faces...please give us some real celebrities too, not just wannabes....last season was the most boring...except for looking at Dmitri and Kelly Osbourne.....give us more hunks.JMHO

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by lyn60;3780098;
    First time posting on FORT...so nice to read negatives about Karina and Derek...sick of both their faces...please give us some real celebrities too, not just wannabes....last season was the most boring...except for looking at Dmitri and Kelly Osbourne.....give us more hunks.JMHO
    to the FORT!!!! Derek has his share of fans, and while I don't outright not like the guy, I'm just plain tired of him. So I'm happy to have people like me around in that regard I don't think Karina is all that popular. I don't know if she's ever been well liked. Season 7 is still the worst one for me, but last season ranks very close to the bottom of my list. I heard our British counterpart, SCD, had similar problems with a large and mostly unknown cast so they're putting out more money to get bigger stars for their next season. I think the show may try and get well known names and hopefully downsize the case. There's been some pretty well known names who said they want to do the show, so they should try and get them.

Apparently there's a posting on another forum (a dance forum) that the show was cancelled, but I think they mean something else got canned. The person in question said their partner and instructor were doing interviews for next season but were called a few weeks later and told the show was cancelled. I don't know when this was, but I'm going to assume it was for the pro competition. They planned on having it again this year, and I'm not sure why they canned it, but it never got mentioned after the first episode. Maybe Anna D. not living up to expectations? I'm really happy with the pros we have, and really hope to see Cheryl, Kym, Edyta, Chelsie, Anna T., Alec, Maks, Tony, Jonathan, and Louis back next season. I know that a few of those mentioned would be the first ones to get the boot if they brought in new pros but I think we have a good line up.

FORT Regular

As someone who had been a faithful viewer until last season, and quit mid-season (when the judges decided to send home Louie), I have to say, I hope the Genie Francis and Jonathon Frakes rumor is true, but that the Kate rumor is false.

The cast does make a huge difference for me. It isn't about their skill, but about how much I enjoy watching them. I hated watching Mya last season, although she was skilled. Louie wasn't great, but I got a lot of pleasure watching him and Chelsie, so I was really angry when the judges sent him home.
    I didn't love last season's cast to begin with, and it just couldn't hold my interest.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRose;3780218;
    As someone who had been a faithful viewer until last season, and quit mid-season (when the judges decided to send home Louie), I have to say, I hope the Genie Francis and Jonathon Frakes rumor is true, but that the Kate rumor is false.

The cast does make a huge difference for me. It isn't about their skill, but about how much I enjoy watching them. I hated watching Mya last season, although she was skilled. Louie wasn't great, but I got a lot of pleasure watching him and Chelsie, so I was really angry when the judges sent him home.
    I didn't love last season's cast to begin with, and it just couldn't hold my interest.
    Louie and Chuck would probably rank in the bottom, dance wise. But they were so enjoyable to watch, and they had great partnerships with Chelsie and Anna. Both seemed really disappointed when their time came to go. I don't think they were in this as much for fame or a career boost as they were wanting to try and experience something new. In their rehearsal clips, they always seemed to be paying attention and trying their hardest. Sometimes the least known of the cast ends up being the biggest favorites (thinking of Gilles here, too). Mya may have been a great dancer, but personality wise she bored me and I wasn't crazy about the chemistry with her and Dmitry.

I know the show had been wanting to cast political type figures, but I hope they got that out of their system with Tom. And I am hoping and praying that they have to think casting someone like Kate is just not worth the headache, drama, and backlash that they think ratings will bring. People won't tune in to see her 8 kids forced into the front row being forced to smile and applaud for their mom's lousy job (she herself said she can't dance). Or to see what dramatic and immature thing Kate does next. They laughed off casting Levi Johnston, hopefully the same can be said for Kate.

And what a way to line up more business. His show is on E!, which this show had been good in casting from (well, not good in who they got but it's a network they've cast from). If we're talking TV personalities I wouldn't mind seeing Kat from LA Ink. She'd be a different character to have around. But I hope they go more for the actor, singers, athletes, designers, etc., and less for the people who have their own reality shows.

I like the Jonathan Frakes rumor, and hate the Kate Gosslin one. She's got enough issues as it is to not be doing this dance competition. Also, given how unpopular their divorce is, it could do more harm than good to put her on the show.

Personally, I'd like to see a few older actors and singers - as long as they do attempt to dance and can conceivably dance (meaning no Cloris Leachmans again). A couple I've thought of are William Katt, Connie Sellecca, Jessie Goins or Michael Pare from "GAH." Robert Culp would be fun too, but at 79, I'm not sure he would want to do the rigors or training of dancing. (BTW, I do think Culp is capable of doing it physically save lifts, just not sure if it's a want).

I've also thought of one of the Monkees (probably Micky or Davy, as Peter is currently dealing with cancer treatments and Mike is almost invisible). Hal Linden ("Barney Miller") would be fun, but he can dance pretty well (though I don't know what all he knows dancing wise), so I'd say from that show someone like Ron Glass. Even most of "The Love Boat" stars would be neat to see dancing, though I think a couple can dance pretty well.

I admit I'm not well-versed in many actresses I'd like to see on the show save Connie Sellecca, but I can think of a couple of others and add them in here too.

All in all, it'd be fun to have a few people from the kistchy, fun era of shows that aren't the Osmonds would just add a nice touch to things.

All in all, it'd be fun to have a few people from the kistchy, fun era of shows that aren't the Osmonds would just add a nice touch to things.
    Partridge Family ... Brady Bunch ... Gilligan's Island !!!
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Connie Selleca-now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

Partridge Family, please don't get Danny Bonaduce. He's an absolute trainwreck. I'd love to see anyone from the Brady Bunch except Maureen McCormick. Florence Henderson was frequently in the audience the early seasons and reportedly was trying to get on. Haven't seen her in a long while there.

I think talk show host Wendy Williams would be a riot to watch. I'd love to see her and Samantha interacting together I'd still love to get Joel McHale (the two of them together would be hysterical) but I know he can't because he's on an NBC show. I'd still love to get Tom Selleck (my mom would die) or Ted Danson. Rumor has it that there's another Three Men & a Baby sequel in the works (Three Men & a Bride). In terms of going back, I love classic TV-Valerie Harper, Morgan Fairchild, Erin Moran (of Happy Days fame), Marlo Thomas, Lynda Carter, and from the 80s and 90s Michael Keaton, Tim Allen (really anyone from the ABC TGIF line up or sitcoms/dramas of the 90s), Tim Matheson, Christian Slater, Neve Campbell.

+ Reply to Thread