+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Given the outspoken nature of some of the rumored celebs, I can see why the producers think they might strike gold if they let the couples stay on the dance floor and get their scores, but I really hope there's no forced, awkward catfights from the contestants and judges. Again, seems too much like Idol and might just be that-awkward. Especially if the celeb in question embarrasses their partner. And obviously being a diva and complaining or putting your foot in mouth didn't bode well for Shannon Elizabeth or Aaron Carter. And sometimes the show expects too much of a celeb's alleged outspoken and tough as nails, speaks their mind personality (see Debi Mazar).

If the Kate rumor is true, apparently she has no problem leaving her kids to be in LA now since that's where she's apparently rehearsing I think with heels she might be a little too tall for Louis. Maybe she'll get the new guy, unless the show wants to break him in as a regular and make sure he lasts a long time. Anna D. didn't go over so well last season in the beginning. Since Tony has his wife and kids on the East Coast, I wonder if they'll get paired up The show may think they're going to draw large crowds in with someone like Kate, and I can't deny that she probably won't get people tuned in. But how they can be sure those people will stick around once she's gone, or that she won't in turn turn viewers off? I'm sure she'll last awhile; I doubt they'd let her go first. I'm sure Jonathan will take comfort that he won't be the obvious one to get stuck with her

I never disliked Shannon, but she's not my favorite, either. She's done well for herself and is probably one of the more visable, active 90210 alumni. I actually think her and Mark would make a platonic pair, because we know how he is when his partner isn't up to the ringer status of Kristi and Shawn, and Shannon probably isn't one that will hold back. Besides that, I can't see her letting him get away with doing a lindy hop routine like he did with Shawn, especially the outfits

It's a shame we have to choose between between Maks and Karina. But, I guess it usually happens when there are bitter breakups. (sniff), but I'm definitely, team Maks....but I kinda like the b*tchiness Karina brings to the ballroom.
    I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt that it really wasn't between Maks or Karina (but I'm also in camp Maks so between the two, I'd definitely side with my Russian eyecandy ) Maks's former partner, Tia Carerre, said that Karina chose not to do the show because she couldn't be in the same studio with Maks and didn't want to work anywhere near him. However, there was a rumor going back to the early part of Feb. that Karina was returning, and both she and Lacey had said they'd be back. Maybe the show decided to call their bluff and turned them down? Either way, with the exception of not having Kym (don't turn into a diva now Kym! I know you guys are underpaid but you got a good thing going), I'm happy with the female pros that were brought back, especially Anna T., who I figured was on the chopping block. I'm just hoping it's finally Edyta's turn to win. I wouldn't be surprised if next season, she either gets cut or decides to take a break from the show. She's been mentioning that she and Alec are anxious to start a family.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3843350;

If the Kate rumor is true, apparently she has no problem leaving her kids to be in LA now since that's where she's apparently rehearsing I think with heels she might be a little too tall for Louis. Maybe she'll get the new guy, unless the show wants to break him in as a regular and make sure he lasts a long time. Anna D. didn't go over so well last season in the beginning. Since Tony has his wife and kids on the East Coast, I wonder if they'll get paired up The show may think they're going to draw large crowds in with someone like Kate, and I can't deny that she probably won't get people tuned in. But how they can be sure those people will stick around once she's gone, or that she won't in turn turn viewers off? I'm sure she'll last awhile; I doubt they'd let her go first. I'm sure Jonathan will take comfort that he won't be the obvious one to get stuck with her

I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt that it really wasn't between Maks or Karina (but I'm also in camp Maks so between the two, I'd definitely side with my Russian eyecandy ) Maks's former partner, Tia Carerre, said that Karina chose not to do the show because she couldn't be in the same studio with Maks and didn't want to work anywhere near him. However, there was a rumor going back to the early part of Feb. that Karina was returning, and both she and Lacey had said they'd be back. Maybe the show decided to call their bluff and turned them down? Either way, with the exception of not having Kym (don't turn into a diva now Kym! I know you guys are underpaid but you got a good thing going), I'm happy with the female pros that were brought back, especially Anna T., who I figured was on the chopping block. I'm just hoping it's finally Edyta's turn to win. I wouldn't be surprised if next season, she either gets cut or decides to take a break from the show. She's been mentioning that she and Alec are anxious to start a family.
    As this rumor continues - and is beginning to sound more like it could be true - I read that Kate is going to be rehearsing on the East Coast to be closer to her kids. Don't know if that's true or not. From what I've seen, she really hasn't had too much trouble leaving the kids for work in the past, IMO. (And, though I dislike her intensely, I personally don't think it's "wrong" for a "mom" to do the show as I've seen discussed on a few sites this afternoon. You could just as easily make a case against daddy Tony leaving his family to do it every season. Not fair to judge her on that point. Let's just judge her 'cause she's so darn obnoxious!)
    I have seen many people on the show whom I didn't care for before, but came to like (and vice versa.) No one as ever made me not want to watch the way I'm feeling about Kate. Did the show miscalculate her popularity or is it a case of any publicity is good publicity? Perhaps she still has some die hard fans out there who'd keep her around for a while. (I shudder to think.) I'm guessing she's too tall for Louis but I wouldn't be surprised if she got Tony. If she got Maks, I can't only imagine the drama. The best partner might be the new guy - I'm not attached to him yet!
    On the other hand I was thrilled to hear that Anna T. was coming back - Chelsea, too. What the heck is going on with Kym? She's been my favorite pro and I'm sad to hear she won't be on and also the reason why. Maybe it was one of those things like she discovered another pro (like Cheryl?) made more money and she felt winning a season gave her some leverage. I hope it doesn't mean the end of her. Her behavior toward her partners has been unsurpassed in class.

I hate waiting and don't want to watch the Bachelor to get the results!

Wow.

If they have Shannon, Kate, Pam, that will be very interesting.

Anybbody know who the co-host is going to be?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Kate isn't the only person to ever do this show that has had kids. I think all or the majority were based in LA, however, but regardless, that I won't hold against her. I think she's a hypocrite in trying to seem like she's Mommie Dearest but seems more pre-occupied with fame than anything else. The kids are just there as a prop. I think Jon's the same way. I've never doubted they don't love their children, but like most, think their priorities are wrong. And this will just give way for Jon and his equally as fame hungry attorney the opportunity to appear on every tabloid show and magazine and trash Kate and play Jon up as Mr. Mom. When Tony's twins were born, her was paired with Susan Lucci and because of AMC filming in NYC at the time, they flew back and forth. They'd leave Wednesday morning and come back either Saturday or Sunday. So really, that's only 2/3 days out of the week Kate would actually be able to be home. Either way, I think she'll be around long enough for the show to get what they want out of her and then she'll be gone. I hope she gets Derek, unless his fanbase would be big enough to keep him around and make us suffer (equally in my case, since I don't like him, either). Besides, what if she's semi-good? The judges would have to kiss his and her behind if she could move competently.

Any non-TB fans going to brave the 2-3 hours with me tonight? Probably be the first time I tune out the actual show and listen to the commercials

So this is where we are if the rumors are correct: Pamela, Kate, Shannon, Chad, and Aiden. 6 more to go, and we still don't know if the 11th pro is male or female. So either 3-4 more females to reveal and 2-3 more males.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3843129;
    John Stamos tweeted that he was NOT going to be on DWTS...saw that on people.com earlier....
    BTW...hello everyone..hopefully I'm back now
    Glad to see you!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3843429;
    Any non-TB fans going to brave the 2-3 hours with me tonight? Probably be the first time I tune out the actual show and listen to the commercials
    Is there going to be a spoiler thread so those of us on the West Coast don't have to wait until later to find out who??

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3843475;
    Is there going to be a spoiler thread so those of us on the West Coast don't have to wait until later to find out who??
    I'll start a new one, unless the mods want everything in this thread. Tomorrow we'll be finding out the pairings so probably all the bios will be on the website within the next few days.

So let's remember, CA and Tom love the cast and think it's the best ever, and Derek says everyone will be pleased. Let's see if anyone agrees with those statements after the whole cast is revealed Of course I didn't expect to go into season 8 liking it as much as I ended up, and season 7 I ended up not liking as much as I originally thought, all because of who got cast.

FORT Fogey

I haven't watched this show in full since Apollo's season (he and Julianne = HOT).

However, this is a cast worth watching for me. I am not a Kate G. fan AT ALL, but I'll be interested to see how she does here (the new hair = a joke).

I'm not a super fan of Jake on the Bachelor either, but I do like him as a person...just not him on the show.

DWTS will allow these two to really show different sides of themselves, and I think it will be interesting.

They also have some entertaining stars this time around. Pamela Anderson and the woman from Reno 911 will be a stitch to watch. I hope Pamela wipes the floor with Kate.

Maybe Tenley could co-host?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3847174;
    Maybe Tenley could co-host?
    I like Tenley. She's not very flashy but I could see her as an announcer of some type...not necessarily DWTS, though.

+ Reply to Thread