+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3842549;
    Yeah, I figure no point in getting worried but if she is on, hopefully they don't wait until the end to announce her. Sitting through TB, getting excited with each new cast member, and then they throw her in at the very end when we think we're home free. But what can we do? I'm sure there will be people this season I love and some I'll learn to enjoy over time. I'm excited that the majority of my favorite pros made it back at least Now here's hoping they can all last longer than past seasons. Louis tweeted that it's not going to be boring, so if he's talking about the show, sounds like he's got a good partner or at least knows who got cast.

I loved "The Boy are Back in Town" last year, especially the part where Tony & Maks went over and started dancing with Tony's wife. Lucky lady. I knew Maks was afraid of heights, but I was surprised to learn after the fact that quite a few male pros are also scared of heights as well. But my favorite opening number remains season 5's "Dancin' Fool". Didn't like the ladies pro opening number last year, and I hope this season they have an opening pro number will all the pros together.
    I didn't know that. I'm such a sap, but I loVed the finger snapping and the exchanged glances, smiles, and laughs. And yeah, when they sandwich-danced with Tony's wife (at the time, I didn't know who she was), and especially when Maks drummed on her butt. Whew! I even loved the formation dancing on the floor and wish I knew the names of all the steps.

As you can see, I'm quite interested in the technical stuff too. Maybe I was a dancer in a previous lifetime or will be one in a future one.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Someone on the main board is hinting Mark's partner is someone from 90210. I wonder if it's the new series or the old one I might be content if it's the old version, because I could possibly get my wish that Mark wouldn't last long with someone from that show. Gabrielle Cartieres isn't as well known as Tori Spelling (who's said she wants to do the show with her hubby), but Tori isn't really as likeable as she once was, and Shannon Dorohty had a bad reputation from her former castmates on both 90210 and Charmed. I quit watching 90210 halfway through the original series, but the only other ones I can remember being on the show besides those 3 and Jennie Garth are Tiffani Thiessen and Hillary Swank, but I know she wouldn't even be a possibility. And she'd be too tall for Mark I think.

I don't watch the new version of the show. Some of my co-workers do and love it, and I could see the show maybe wanting to try and lure in the younger demographic by casting from there.

I didn't know that. I'm such a sap, but I loVed the finger snapping and the exchanged glances, smiles, and laughs. And yeah, when they sandwich-danced with Tony's wife (at the time, I didn't know who she was), and especially when Maks drummed on her butt. Whew! I even loved the formation dancing on the floor and wish I knew the names of all the steps.

As you can see, I'm quite interested in the technical stuff too. Maybe I was a dancer in a previous lifetime or will be one in a future one.
    I don't begin to understand the technical aspects of the dances, but since I don't think the judges base their votes on that as much as they like to say they do, I don't feel bad getting mad when I think someone pulled a dance off and the 3 Stooges say they got it all wrong Louis choreographed that number; he's just amazing. The dance Lacey choreographed for the girls just seemed more like camera mugging and posing, but Louis seemed to do a really good job with the dancing and getting all the pros involved and showcasing them.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-28-2010 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3842713;
    Someone on the main board is hinting Mark's partner is someone from 90210. I wonder if it's the new series or the old one I might be content if it's the old version, because I could possibly get my wish that Mark wouldn't last long with someone from that show. Gabrielle Cartieres isn't as well known as Tori Spelling (who's said she wants to do the show with her hubby), but Tori isn't really as likeable as she once was, and Shannon Dorohty had a bad reputation from her former castmates on both 90210 and Charmed. I quit watching 90210 halfway through the original series, but the only other ones I can remember being on the show besides those 3 and Jennie Garth are Tiffani Thiessen and Hillary Swank, but I know she wouldn't even be a possibility. And she'd be too tall for Mark I think.

I don't watch the new version of the show. Some of my co-workers do and love it, and I could see the show maybe wanting to try and lure in the younger demographic by casting from there.

I don't begin to understand the technical aspects of the dances, but since I don't think the judges base their votes on that as much as they like to say they do, I don't feel bad getting mad when I think someone pulled a dance off and the 3 Stooges say they got it all wrong Louis choreographed that number; he's just amazing. The dance Lacey choreographed for the girls just seemed more like camera mugging and posing, but Louis seemed to do a really good job with the dancing and getting all the pros involved and showcasing them.
    Whoa, Louis. Major kudos for that choreography. He joined my team of favorite pros last season (with Kelly). I used to watch for the contestants (seasons ago) and then my attention opened up to the pros.

I like Lacey (adored that barefoot dance), but the hard-edge-tounge-sticking-out-Lacey, no.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fan

I don't see what the big deal is that Kate what's-her-name will more than likely be on. But I've never seen whatever-show-it-was that she was on before.

Quote Originally Posted by catzy;3842736;
    I don't see what the big deal is that Kate what's-her-name will more than likely be on. But I've never seen whatever-show-it-was that she was on before.
    Ah, you are blessed. If only I had never heard of her.

Google "Kate Gosselin". There's a thread here about the show(s) she had, but the thread title changed over time. I will hold myself back from condensing it down into 25 words or less, which wouldn't be pretty.

According to TMZ, Paula Abdul has decided against doing the show. If they're right, then no Paula (wonder if maybe she's the partner Dmitry says allegedly pulled out at the last minute that led to him not coming back).

Going along with what CA, Tom, and Louis have said, Derek tweeted that he thinks people will be pleased with the cast. So you guys and your little hype better not disappoint (and it better not be Derek having another great partner and thinking everyone will just be pleased with that). I can't say Pamela Anderson is anyone I'd get excited about. I'm not sure how she'll do, but I don't know if I see her lasting long just based on her Hollywood reputation.

And I can't believe any of them would praise a cast that includes Kate.

I don't mind Pam Anderson, She can be funny, she can laugh at herself, and I doubt she would last overly long. As for Kate Gosselin, I do have a problem with it, but not seething, foaming hatred for it like I did for other past guests. My guess is that ultimately she won't do herself any favors by appearing on the show, and that will be karma enough for me.

Paula Abdul would have been fun to watch (like a clown car pile-up), but I'm glad the season will be spared that sideshow. I love you Paula, but doing this show would have been, in Ghostbusters parlance, "crossing the streams".
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3842881;
    I don't mind Pam Anderson, She can be funny, she can laugh at herself, and I doubt she would last overly long. As for Kate Gosselin, I do have a problem with it, but not seething, foaming hatred for it like I did for other past guests. My guess is that ultimately she won't do herself any favors by appearing on the show, and that will be karma enough for me.

Paula Abdul would have been fun to watch (like a clown car pile-up), but I'm glad the season will be spared that sideshow. I love you Paula, but doing this show would have been, in Ghostbusters parlance, "crossing the streams".
    Can you imagine a season with Pam, Kate, and Paula? Glad I can just live with the fantasy and hopefully not the reality, but I can only imagine the trainwreck that would be coming I don't mind Pamela like some people do, but she isn't anyone I care much about, either. I can't say she'd get any of my votes unless she did like Kelly and really surprised me. But I think she would take the show seriously. Jon and Kate don't do themselves any favors by speaking or appearing in public. Since Kate is trying to keep this image up of being the attentive, always there for the kids mom I doubt being gone for a few weeks just to train, and if she made it past the first elimination, would do her any favors if she left her kids in the care of a nanny. Besides, isn't she under contract with TLC? I wonder if they'd even agree to let her appear on the show, and the kids, because I'm sure she'd try and get them front and center or in rehearsal shots for image purposes.

My only issue with Paula was her extreme dance experience. Beyond that, I think she would have been entertaining as heck to have around. And I don't think she seriously would have had a shot at winning, but probably would have gotten far.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3842884;
    Besides, isn't she under contract with TLC? I wonder if they'd even agree to let her appear on the show, and the kids, because I'm sure she'd try and get them front and center or in rehearsal shots for image purposes.
    Interesting point. Jon was smacked down for even talking to any other network. How is Kate somehow free to do this? And I'm sure she will prop up some of the kids in the front row of the audience each week and paint smiles on their faces -- aren't they under contract too? Goose/gander thing going on here...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3842887;
    Interesting point. Jon was smacked down for even talking to any other network. How is Kate somehow free to do this? And I'm sure she will prop up some of the kids in the front row of the audience each week and paint smiles on their faces -- aren't they under contract too? Goose/gander thing going on here...
    I remember seeing other stars' kids in the audience in the past.

+ Reply to Thread