+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Thanks for helping us keep track with who's staying, karalott!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3841459;
    This I agree with. Mark seemed pretty unhappy last season towards the end, and during season 7 with Kim Kardashian. I realize that Kim went in with more of an anti-fanbase than a high popularity rating, but Edyta kept a smile on her face considering who she was partnered with. Kym has done the same in pretty much every season, even when she had Mark Cuban and Penn Jillette. Mark just seems to want the easy route and to be able to showcase himself. No one is a worse offender than outdancing their partner (if you want to call it dancing) than he is. The judges love to fawn over Derek so much and pretend they actually care about his partners so I want him to have someone that they can't simply overlook her flaws and have to give him low scores. He, too, doesn't seem to take to losing or criticism very well. Edyta's only really had 2 partners she could really win with, but in those seasons (season 3 and season 6), it was pretty much a lost cause in the end considering who she was up against in the final sprint there.
    Not to mention how gracious she was and what a good job she did with Jerry Springer. At first I couldn't stand him, yet I soon found myself rooting for him to stay long enough for Kym to teach him the waltz.
    I also have to second what you said about Derek. I have enjoyed watching him on occasion, but he does have a diva attitude.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3841338;
    Are you saying Louie and Anna T. were not asked back? Was Anna D. asked back? Is Julianne back this season? Better yet, do you have a list of the pros who were there last season, but was not asked back this season?
    Sorry, I know it's confusing Anna T. and Louis are indeed back and why I said they probably fainted is some of the pros not asked back are usually picked ahead of them.

Last season, the pros were (and I'm bolding those who have confirmed they are returning for season 9): Derek, Mark, Tony, Maks, Louis, Alec, Dmitry, Jonathan, Anna T., Anna D., Edyta, Cheryl, Chelsie, Kym, Karina, Lacey. Kym and Alec have been mum through all of this and haven't uttered a peep (or a tweet) one way or another. Edyta was pretty quiet, except tweeting she was returning, wasn't confirming anyone else's status, and that she was meeting her partner Sunday. Julianne, as far as I know, is still taking a break from the show. She said in an interview awhile back she might consider returning for the fall. Most other pros that have come and gone with this show were all one hit wonders, with the exception of Ashly DelGrosso and Elena Grinenko. So the fifth pro, male or female, is still the big mystery. And nothing official from Kym, Alec, or Anna D.

Just an FYI, too, the new cast is being revealed tomorrow, and the official pairings are being revealed on GMA on Tuesday, March 2nd.

Another name to add to the spoiler list is Nicole Scherzinger of The Pussycat Dolls. And one spoiler I forgot to add to the rather short list, the name that started this thread in the first place is Globetrotter Herbert "Flight Time" Lang. However, if Anna D. didn't come back and there are only those 4 female pros listed above, I have no idea who they'd pair him with. Edyta I think would be the tallest of the 4, but she looked small next to 6'6" Jason Taylor.

You're welcome LuvThisStuf! Can't wait until Monday! The day the season 8 cast was supposed to be revealed, the list got leaked ahead of time and turned out to be accurate. I wonder if the same will happen this time. Tom seems pretty excited about the new cast, so here's hoping there's a lot of surprises.

Not to mention how gracious she was and what a good job she did with Jerry Springer. At first I couldn't stand him, yet I soon found myself rooting for him to stay long enough for Kym to teach him the waltz.
    I also have to second what you said about Derek. I have enjoyed watching him on occasion, but he does have a diva attitude.
    Having someone on the level of Debi Mazar or even MJH, who weren't even the worst female celebs ever, might humble Derek a little. Of course it hasn't Mark, it just gets him ticked. Kym has said she's stayed friends with all of her partners; she always seems to have such a great bond with them. I love watching her and Chelsie for the same reasons, they seem to recognize their partners strengths and weaknesses and right away try to showcase the strengths (even if it's coming up with a personality filled routine) while working on the weaknessess and not coming up with a routine that'll be too hard for their partners. Their routines can be simple, yet fun, exciting, and elegant if it's a ballroom dance.

I loved Jerry's reasoning for doing the show, for wanting to learn to dance so he could dance with his daughter at her wedding. Plus, while I'm not big on campaiging for asking people to vote you off, I admired Jerry that he felt bad that he was outlasting better dancers who seemed to want to go all the way in the competition.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-27-2010 at 07:47 PM.

FORT Newbie

Evan Lysacek tweeted last night/early this morning, saying that he was "hanging with Pamela Anderson." Since she's probably the strongest rumored celeb, I wonder if that means anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz;3842352;
    Evan Lysacek tweeted last night/early this morning, saying that he was "hanging with Pamela Anderson." Since she's probably the strongest rumored celeb, I wonder if that means anything?
    Pamela is Canadian, isn't she? Maybe she's up in Canada for the Olympics?

CA tweeted that this is the "best cast ever" but if this person is selected, it will probably make it the worst one ever. Of course after last season, they may all be told to hype everything up and put on a happy face:

dBusinessNews :: Daily Business News Delivered to Your Desktop

LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Lisa Stanley, co-host and entertainment reporter of KEARTH 101's morning show in Los Angeles, has learned that Kate Gosselin is under a shroud of security at the Beverly Wilshire Four Seasons Hotel, rehearsing her dance steps in her suite with no children to be seen. The official announcement coming Monday morning will reveal that she is one of this season's line-up for DANCING WITH THE STARS.
    Mark's met his partner, and said they've had 2 days of rehearsals (he says it's going great). Edyta's supposed to met her's today, and Louis and Tony are meeting their's today or tomorrow, and Maks is on his way to LA. After last season of everything getting spoiled the pros have said they aren't allowed to say anything about their partners once they meet them.

UGH!
    Seriously. Kate Gosselin? I don't know anyone who likes her and she is so off-putting to me, I would almost skip the show just not to see her. (And I haven't missed a season.) The only redemption would be if she was eliminated first.
    If she's on though, there's a chance she could stay on for a while. I believe she was a cheerleader when she was younger (and in drama) and so has to have at least a modicum of coordination.
    Again, ugh.

So far it's looking like it's just several of my favorite pros (and possibly Melissa as co-host) that may get me to watch parts of the new season. I haven't read of a potential contestant yet that I'm interested in, but I may have missed someone and the complete official list hasn't been spoiled (has it?). And I love Tom B. and Bruno, but still...

Pamela Anderson and especially Kate G. are HUGE turnoffs (literally). I hope they're not paired with any of my favorite pros, because then I can just record the show and skip them.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

No list has been leaked, and at this point just names are out there either started by the celeb or another source. Casting Tom Delay made more sense than them even thinking Kate is a good idea, let alone putting her on the show. Seriously, what do they really think she's going to bring to the table, other than all her baggage of controversy and drama-and if the show seriously thinks people are going to tune in to watch her for that reason, they've got another thing coming. She already said she can't dance and wants to do the show to laugh at herself. Whoever her partner is has to know he's screwed. Someone on twitter apparently said they ran into Kate at that hotel and Kate said she was in fact doing the show Hopefully it's wrong. This will put her douche of ex hubby back in the spotlight as well and give him more of an opporunity to cash in on their sorry excuse for a life.

In the horrible event that this is true, I did a google search to see how tall Kate is. I'm not sure how accurate the web is, but a few sites claim she's around 5'7". I hope that means she can potentially get Derek because I think he's earned her. However, Louis, Tony, or Maks will probably get stuck with her. I'm sure the show will think she'll bring fireworks to whoever she winds up being partners with. An obvious first boot if there ever was one because I don't even think her kids would vote for her-but somehow, I think the show will make it so she's around for a few weeks. CA and Tom better not be lying when they say it's the best ever, because if many of the rumored names turn out to be true, I predict a worse season than season 9.

I'm officially done now with any Kate topic and very disappointed at the mere thought of her being on DWTS.

Oh well, maybe this will be like some past seasons, when I watched the premiere and found some likeable contestants to watch.

Then again, I can always rewatch favorite dances on youtube. And I still love that pro number to "The Boys Are Back In Town".
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3842526;
    I'm officially done now with any Kate topic and very disappointed at the mere thought of her being on DWTS.

Oh well, maybe this will be like some past seasons, when I watched the premiere and found some likeable contestants to watch.

Then again, I can always rewatch favorite dances on youtube. And I still love that pro number to "The Boys Are Back In Town".
    Yeah, I figure no point in getting worried but if she is on, hopefully they don't wait until the end to announce her. Sitting through TB, getting excited with each new cast member, and then they throw her in at the very end when we think we're home free. But what can we do? I'm sure there will be people this season I love and some I'll learn to enjoy over time. I'm excited that the majority of my favorite pros made it back at least Now here's hoping they can all last longer than past seasons. Louis tweeted that it's not going to be boring, so if he's talking about the show, sounds like he's got a good partner or at least knows who got cast.

I loved "The Boy are Back in Town" last year, especially the part where Tony & Maks went over and started dancing with Tony's wife. Lucky lady. I knew Maks was afraid of heights, but I was surprised to learn after the fact that quite a few male pros are also scared of heights as well. But my favorite opening number remains season 5's "Dancin' Fool". Didn't like the ladies pro opening number last year, and I hope this season they have an opening pro number will all the pros together.

+ Reply to Thread