+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

For those keeping track, and in response to another posters question, here's where we stand so far for season 10:

The pros that are confirmed to be returning are: Tony, Louis, Maks, Derek, Mark, a newbie named Damian Whitewood (he's an Aussie who did Burn the Floor), Cheryl, Anna T., Edyta, and Chelsie.

The pros who confirmed they are not returning are Dmitry, Jonathan, Lacey, and Karina. Unconfirmed word is Kym isn't back, but nothing yet directly from her, Alec, or Anna D.

No word on who the 11th pro is or if they possibly are only having 10 couples instead of the rumored 11. Dmitry said he was supposed to be on the show and the producers were fighting for him, but the pairing didn't happen. Whether that means his celeb backed out or they couldn't find anyone for him, I don't know, but if they really wanted Dmitry on I think they would have found a way. They scraped up Melissa and Holly at the last minute during season 8. And I doubt they'd lose a week if meant scaling back to 10 simply because a celeb backed out. There's a rumor that there's either only 4 female pros this season to 7 male pros, and that whoever the 5th one is is a newbie as well. Snow Urbin, who did So You Think You Can Dance way back when and participated in the pro competition in season 8, has tweeted she has something big coming up so some are speculating she could potentially be joining the show. Another rumor had Ashly DelGrosso, a pro from seasons 1-3, as returning, but that same rumor also said Karina was coming back and she isn't after all. And a third possibility is Damian Whitewood's girlfriend.

As for the celebs, it's been really quiet on the rumor/spoiler front this time. Tom tweeted that he's done taping the promos for the new season and loves the cast. But hopefully TPTB haven't kept it a big secret because they know the cast will bomb and they don't want people turned off in advance Pamela Anderson is allegedly the only confirmed celeb on this season, along with "someone who's walked on the moon". Rumors that were either started by the celeb in question, carried over from last season, or put out there by another source is:

-Kate Gosselin (told Jay Leno she'd love to do the show because she can't dance for crap and wants to laugh at herself ),
    -actor/rapper Simon Rex (tweeted)
    -a mixed martial arts fighter who I think is named Jason Chambers-actress Jennifer Grey (mentioned in an article shortly after last season ended, said she was in talks with producers)
    -actress Genie Francis and her hubby actor Jonathan Frakes (said she'd love to do the show together)
    -Lynda Carter (mentioned on a random website)
    -Dean McDermott, Brandy and her brother Ray-J, Latoya Jackson (all carried over from last season)
    -Paula Adbul (was supposedly being courted by ABC with a TV development deal and a $1 million offer, and said she has something big coming up)
    -Olympians Greg Louganis, Evan Lysachek, and Johnny Weir (all have said they want to do the show)
    -Cameron Mathison is dropping hints someone from All My Children will be on

Louis and Tony sound like they're meeting their partners Friday or over the weekend and Edyta said she's meeting hers on Sunday.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Kym has to be back. We need Kym. I'm glad to see Anna T, but it just won't be the same without Kym.

i was hoping cheryl cole with derek but i dont think so
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

I, for one, am delighted to see Cheryl back. She and Kym are my favorite female pros with Edyta right up there, too. We all have our likes and dislikes, but I just don't understand those who keep saying Cheryl always has good partners.

She has had Tom DeLay (whom I wouldn't wish on anyone, even Karina) and Wayne Newtom, both complete duds.
    She has had Ian Ziering and Maurice Green, not duds, but far from great. She taught them to be better.
    She has had Drew Lachey and Emmitt Smith, both good dancers whom she brought close to excellence.
    And she has had Gilles Marini who was a natural and she choreograped around his major injury. They should have won that season.

She's a great teacher who choregraphs to her partners' strengths. I know those who don't like her will continue to feel that way, but her partners have reached across the entire talent spectrum.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3841257;
    I, for one, am delighted to see Cheryl back. She and Kym are my favorite female pros with Edyta right up there, too. We all have our likes and dislikes, but I just don't understand those who keep saying Cheryl always has good partners.

She has had Tom DeLay (whom I wouldn't wish on anyone, even Karina) and Wayne Newtom, both complete duds.
    She has had Ian Ziering and Maurice Green, not duds, but far from great. She taught them to be better.
    She has had Drew Lachey and Emmitt Smith, both good dancers whom she brought close to excellence.
    And she has had Gilles Marini who was a natural and she choreograped around his major injury. They should have won that season.

She's a great teacher who choregraphs to her partners' strengths. I know those who don't like her will continue to feel that way, but her partners have reached across the entire talent spectrum.
    I too am a big Cheryl Burke fan. I think you may have been referring to Cristian de la Fuente when you talk about choreographing around a major injury however. I don't Gilles was ever hurt badly during the show. Cheryl also handled the whole brouhaha about her weight gain a couple of seasons back with grace. The show wouldn't be the same without her. I look forward to tuning in partly to see what wonderful choreography she has come up with.

Still rooting for her to skate with Evan Lysachek or Greg Lougannis. She got her major dud last year - and worked with him without complaining I might add.

Go Cheryl

Cheryl's been luckier than say, Edyta, who had Jeffrey Ross, LT, and Ashley Hamilton all right in a row. And no one can say the show didn't really expect them to be early ousters, except maybe LT, but I doubt his misery started once the show did. Or Anna T., who had a serious contender in that model during season 5 but because of popularity issues, got booted early, or having Steve Guttenberg. Obviously Chuck Liddell was so much fun to watch and he and Anna got along great, but there time was coming. I just like to see the wealth get spread a little bit. It just gets tiring (for me) seeing the same pros do well every season, always advance, while the other pros pretty much know they'll be out the first 5 eliminations (again, for some of them). When you see Cheryl and Derek paired with anyone not in the league of Tom Delay or Cloris Leachman, it's pretty much a given they're going to be around awhile without even seeing them dance. Derek's definitely due for a stinker. It was refreshing last season seeing Kym finally win, having Louis back and get to the finals, and I'd love it this season to see Edyta, Maks, Tony, or Anna finally win or at least do better than they have recently. Sure, Tony had Melissa and made it to 3rd, but that was a fluke since she wasn't his original partner and obviously came with a lot of polarizing baggage amongst fans.

Gilles had a pretty bad shoulder injury that I think he had surgery on after the show. Seeing her freestyle's with Drew, Emmitt, and Cristian (which some people say was a dud), I think she could have done better with Gilles in that regard. Beyond that, I think Gilles and Cristian probably could have made it as far as they did with just about anyone (especially Gilles ) Maurice I felt really lucked out in his season with different factors, but I can't say he was a complete stinker in the league of Susan or Cloris that season. I don't dislike Cheryl, but I wouldn't miss her if she wasn't back, either.

And if they're going to consider casting Evan or Greg, assuming they can dance, they need to cast people that can compete with them and their popularity. Otherwise it'll be season 6 all over again.

Re: Who will replace Samantha as co-host?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3840770;
    To answer your question on Tony and Maks yes, they're back, which would make having Mel B around even better. I think 12 should be the maximum, and 10 the minimum. I hate the odd numbered seasons, but it should never go beyond 13 again. I think because they've been bringing on new pros every season and increasing the cast size, and everyone has pretty much been set in stone to always be back, I think some pros got a wake up call when they weren't asked back (Louis and Anna T. probably fainted that they were )
    Are you saying Louie and Anna T. were not asked back? Was Anna D. asked back? Is Julianne back this season? Better yet, do you have a list of the pros who were there last season, but was not asked back this season?
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-27-2010 at 12:53 AM.

FORT Fogey

I think that Derek and Mark need duds period. If they are so great, give them a Susan Lucci and see what they can do. Cheryl is still a favorite of mine, but I have to say I am getting tired of her on DWTS. I would love Edyta and Louis to have the partners that make it to the finals.

FORT Fan

I'm tired of Derek, Mark, Cheryl, Edyta ... oh heck ... I'm tired of all of them. I will still watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3841412;
    I think that Derek and Mark need duds period. If they are so great, give them a Susan Lucci and see what they can do. Cheryl is still a favorite of mine, but I have to say I am getting tired of her on DWTS. I would love Edyta and Louis to have the partners that make it to the finals.
    This I agree with. Mark seemed pretty unhappy last season towards the end, and during season 7 with Kim Kardashian. I realize that Kim went in with more of an anti-fanbase than a high popularity rating, but Edyta kept a smile on her face considering who she was partnered with. Kym has done the same in pretty much every season, even when she had Mark Cuban and Penn Jillette. Mark just seems to want the easy route and to be able to showcase himself. No one is a worse offender than outdancing their partner (if you want to call it dancing) than he is. The judges love to fawn over Derek so much and pretend they actually care about his partners so I want him to have someone that they can't simply overlook her flaws and have to give him low scores. He, too, doesn't seem to take to losing or criticism very well. Edyta's only really had 2 partners she could really win with, but in those seasons (season 3 and season 6), it was pretty much a lost cause in the end considering who she was up against in the final sprint there.

+ Reply to Thread