+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Supposedly, Kym is not returning Dmitry says he still doesn't know. If Dmitry hasn't heard one way or another, it might be good news for him. If they weren't bringing him back, I'd think he'd know that. Though Karina just found out she's not returning, so who knows.

I hope the show isn't sorry for this. These pros have become more about the show than the C-D listers that trot out every week. I'd much rather Cheryl take the season off than Kym. She's one of those that I feel expects to be back every season (along with Derek and Mark). Here's hoping all 3 are the first 3 gone. If it's true about Kym, then the last slot would either go to a newbie or one of the Anna's. Which great, if it's true, but what did Kym do? Finally win? Beat the pro and the pro? Is it because the show wants to ensure a female winner and that Derek or Mark win again? Maybe Chelsie wasn't kidding when she said only 4 female pros were returning.

Dmitry tweeted he is not coming back this season. Can't say I'm that disappointed, but like Lacey, very surprised. I figured he was as much of a lock as the golden boy Hough and his sidekick Mark.

Louis makes it sound like they're all meeting their partners on Friday. Since the show has been trying to keep everything under wraps, we'll see if they can keep the security over the weekend of the cast not leaking out until Monday's big reveal.

Pamela Anderson is the only confirmed celeb. She said she's most looking forward to the costumes Reminds me of Kim Kardashian. Hopefully she gets anyone but Louis, Maks, and Tony. But if the show keeps up with the stupid predictable pairings and reputations, the "bad boy of the ballroom" will probably get her. Hopefully she requested Derek or Mark. Also the other person to be confirmed is someone who's walked on the moon. Jennifer Grey, a British mixed martial arts fighter, and Simon Rex were reportedly meeting with producers to be on but nothing more about them. Could have all been BS, especially on Simon Rex's part. I really, really hope Paula doesn't pop up as a contestant. I think the show will have missed the point entirely about declining ratings, and people getting tired about the predictable nature of who's going to do well and who isn't-especially when paired with certain pros. I can't imagine Derek or Mark's egos fitting in the room if they got partnered with her.

If Melissa is the new co-host, I hope they don't try and fake surprise her at the end of the cast reveal. Never watched The Bachelor before, and oddly enough, I'm kind of looking forward to the finale

Another pros has tweeted-Anna T. is in! I'm really surprised, though thrilled because her and Louis are typically thrown out like trash in favor of newer pros or complete newbies. So we have 10 pros confirmed (Maks, Tony, Derek, Mark, Damian Whitewood, Cheryl, Chelsie, Edyta, and Anna), with Karina, Lacey, Jonathan and Dmitry all tweeting they aren't returning this season. Access Hollywood was the only source I saw about Kym not being asked back, but I hope that's either not true or that Kym asked for the season off I have almost all my favorites back, including some nice surprises. I could sure as heck have done without Mark, and Cheryl to a lesser extent, but I'm still hoping we get early exits from those 2 (and Derek, really, great dancer and choreographer but he's due big time for a stinker). There's still one slot left, and no comment one way or another from Alec or Kym. If it's true about only 4 female pros this season, that's it and the last slot is going to a guy.

This completely doesn't go with some of the stuff on this site, but last night E!News had a small one to two minute blurb about the dancers coming back, and their list went as follows:

Edyta, Cheryl, Karina, Chelsie, Ashli Delgrosso (sp?)
    Maks, Derrek, Mark, new guy Damian, Louis, Tony

This confuses me on the Karina being out/Anna T being in stuff, but I watched it three times, I kept rewinding to be sure I heard it correctly.

I tried to look it up on their site just now but can't find an article.

I'm so confused

Ashley"s coming back??????? YEA!!!!!!
    She was a favorite on earlier seasons and I'm thrilled to hear that but so sad about Kym and Jonathon. I'd also enjoy Alec and wish he'd get someone decent.
    If Alec and Jonathon aren't going to be on, I hope they at least return for pro dances with their wives as there seems to be a special "something" when you see those couples dancing together. I have to say that perhaps the most moving and beautiful dance I have ever seen on the show was the one last season where Jonathon and Anna danced to the song that was the first dance at their wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3838663;
    Ashley"s coming back??????? YEA!!!!!!
    She was a favorite on earlier seasons and I'm thrilled to hear that but so sad about Kym and Jonathon. I'd also enjoy Alec and wish he'd get someone decent.
    If Alec and Jonathon aren't going to be on, I hope they at least return for pro dances with their wives as there seems to be a special "something" when you see those couples dancing together. I have to say that perhaps the most moving and beautiful dance I have ever seen on the show was the one last season where Jonathon and Anna danced to the song that was the first dance at their wedding.
    The only other thing that could make me love this pro line up even more is if Charlotte Jorgenson was asked back. I won't get too hopeful about the Ashly rumor since E! also mentioned Karina. Might have just gotten their info from the same source who kept putting out there that Karina was returning. I'd be thrilled if Ashly finally came back. I've been longing to see her since season 3. I heard a rumor she was supposed to come back during season 7 but got bumped for Lacey. Could be they mixed her up with Anna, and since Karina isn't returning, maybe there really are only 4 female pros this season. I'd place a safe bet that the pros who aren't back this season will probably be guaranteed a spot next season, especially if they keep the cast scaled back. Looks like I (sort of) got my wish for them to possibly be rotating pros every season. This could keep things fresh, keep the pros on their toes and best behavior, and maybe keep the injury level down. I do hope that people don't blame Maks for her not being back this season, since that article about the show picking one or the other came out right after last season. I don't think Maks, even if he can't stand her, would go that far. I do kind of get a kick out of how the limelight completely faded from them after the broke up and she would more than likely be back this season if they were still together. But it's probably better they figured it out before they got married.

I have to agree with you re: Edyta/Alec and Anna/Jonathan. Something is just so special watching them dance together. You can just tell the love is there. I loved watching Anna/Jonathan during the Patrick Swayze tribute to Unchained Melody last season (I saw a photo that they snuck a smooch at the end ) When Edyta/Alec appeared on Dr. Phil, Edyta did most of the talking about what concerns her about Alec's pretty female partners, and when she mentioned Kelly was the one she was most worried about, he reminded her that was when he proposed to her. Those two are just so in love, and it's great getting to see that off the show.

Another potential casting rumor has come out-Brigitte Neilson,who I only fondly remember as being on The Surreal Life and Flava Flav's ex. Pam Anderson, Brigette, Kate Gosselin, Simon Rex, some mixed martial artist-I hope to god these rumors are false and that people either ran with one of the above's comments or someone was just messing around. I'm so excited about the pros this season and season 10 looking like the show is maybe getting back to it's roots, but I'm really nervous that the cast is totally going to bomb. That, and of course the potential choice for Samantha's job has me thinking my excitement for this season will go down real fast.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;3835341;
    I just saw an article that Evan Lysachek ( The new Olympic men's figure skating gold medalist) is dating Nastia Lukin ( the US gymnast that won the all around gold medal in Beijing). It got me to thinking how much fun it would be to have the two of them on the show. Then we could have all the "ringer" talk about the unfairness of athletes with those backgrounds as well as the couples competing against each other talk. That could get really interesting!
    From Popwatch today:

The day after Evan Lysacek defeated Yevgeny Plushenko in an Olympic cold war for figure skating gold, we noticed Dancing With the Stars‘ Cheryl Burke tweeting him the suggestion that he join the cast of the show. If you’ve been wondering if he’s game, well…”I would love to try Dancing With the Stars,” he told EW in an email Tuesday. “I was a proud audience member (and cheerleader) as my friends Kristi Yamaguchi and Apolo Ohno danced their way to the mirrorball trophy. All I have heard from everyone that has done the show is what a blast it is. That could be a good way for me to do something extremely challenging, but also fun to celebrate my Olympic win.”

We’re told Lysacek will decide by Friday whether he’ll represent the U.S. at the World Figure Skating Championships next month in Torino, Italy. The next cast of Dancing With the Stars will be announced Monday during The Bachelor finale. Meaningless coincidence? Probably. Dancing With the Stars returns to ABC on March 22, and Lysacek is looking forward to headlining the Stars on Ice tour, which runs April 1 through May 30. (Still, we did a quick check of the Stars on Ice schedule, and only one date, May 10, falls on a Monday — DWTS‘ performance night. Lysacek is a notorious workhorse, and we’ve seen moonlighting contestants before…but there are plenty of Tuesday Stars on Ice dates, which means he’d have to miss DWTS‘ results night. We bet he signs on for a future season.)
    Maybe this could actually happen?

A part of me hopes it doesn't. I like Evan, but I think I'd be over this uber popularity that will no doubt get him through more than anything else, and I'm going to assume he's as much of a ringer as Kristi. I would like a season where everything isn't so predictable. Plus, I really don't want him paired with Cheryl, at least not this season. Give him to someone else that hasn't had her luck.

However, that's really pushing yourself doing Stars on Ice and DWTS at the same time. What if they did the DO this season and he wasn't there to participate in it?

FORT Newbie

I read that Evan has decided not to participate in Worlds. I hope it's not because he is going to be on DWTS. I love Evan, I have been a fan for years, but I feel like passing on Worlds (especially when he is the defending champion) to be on DWTS is just silly. I can understand taking time off from skating, because I'm sure he is exhausted post-Olympics, but to be on DWTS so soon, it seems like media overload, and I feel like he wouldn't be at his best this season. And I could only imagine Plushenko's comments if Evan skips out on Worlds for DWTS.

Oh no, Fritz!!!!! I'm groaning in response to your entire post!! I loved Evan's performance in the Olympics and feel he totally deserved to win the gold, but if he turned down the World Campionships for DWTS then I'll be disappointed. This is a lot of "ifs" but if that were true, and he gets paired with Cheryl, I'll really yell foul. If we have to endure another season with Cheryl, then let her have Larry King.

+ Reply to Thread