+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3834327;
    Ugh...Cheryl is back. She's a good dancer, but soooooo full of herself. Glad to hear we're taking a break from Derek this season (did I read that right? From karalott's post: Only ones officially confirmed are Cheryl, Derek, and Lacey as being out. ), and Lacey. They're really mixing it up this season. Lots of changes. Here's another change I'd pay $$ to see: have Len partner with Betty White! That would be hilarious! I love her! What a funny lady!
    No. I believe that Derek is returning, as is Cheryl.
    Lacey, however, is confirmed as being off this season.

I agree with you on Cheryl.

Betty White is great. And that would probably be hilarious.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Thank you. My head is spinning with all this tweeting!!

You're welcome.
    All of this probably has Tweety Bird spinning, as well!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3834327;
    Ugh...Cheryl is back. She's a good dancer, but soooooo full of herself. Glad to hear we're taking a break from Derek this season (did I read that right? From karalott's post: Only ones officially confirmed are Cheryl, Derek, and Lacey as being out. ), and Lacey. They're really mixing it up this season. Lots of changes. Here's another change I'd pay $$ to see: have Len partner with Betty White! That would be hilarious! I love her! What a funny lady!
    Sorry, I should have made that more clear. Trust me, I wouldn't mind Derek taking a season off. And really, he's the only one who has never, ever had anyone on the wave length of Cloris Leachman, Denise Richards, or Macy Gray. Which is why I wouldn't mind seeing him with Pam Anderson. Hey, maybe she'll surprise me, but I doubt it. I think Joanna, popularity wise, was probably his only real challenge but she finished fourth. And though I thought her dancing was beyond overscored and overrated, she could dance. Even his BFF Mark hasn't been that lucky. Now he's the real one I'd like to see take a season, or two (or the rest of the series) off. Cheryl has began bugging me with each passing season. I'm neutral on her coming back, but I'm finding her boring, last season I thought she kind of had an attitude (hey, you can't get your Gilles every season), and her choreography is looking the same. But I don't completely mind her compared to Karina or Lacey.

Is Julianne ever coming back to this show?
    I saw that she was one of the artists on the new recording of We Are the World. Is she totally devoted to singing these days?
    Julianne hasn't completely ruled out ever returning to the show. She was doing the movie Burleseque but how big her role is I have no idea. And she was slated to co-star in the remake of Footloose, but I heard that's been shelved for now. I don't really ever hear much about Julianne, and since I don't follow country music have no idea how her singing is going. I predict if she can't keep the limelight up on her own, she'll probably come back. I don't know if Mark/Derek still have their band anymore as Mark seems to tweet a lot about doing his own thing. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll follow Julianne's lead.

So as of today, Chelsie took back her tweet but originally said she's coming back, along with Cheryl and Derek. Then there's the new guy Damian Whitewood. Lacey and Jonathan are not returning (heh, some people compared Lacey and Karina's attitude, so maybe the show figured they only needed one pro to show off the b%^&* face). Louis said he'll find out Monday. No word on anyone else.

Thanks, karalott. My wishful thinking came on strong, and I immediately thought Derek was gone. Oh well.

I would just love it, though, if they would choose celebrities who weren't ringers. That's just unfair. I'd love to see a pro who has a track record for being an outstanding choreographer, try and teach someone who's a regular joe not, for example, a former ice dancer -- who's halfway there already. So if we have to see Cheryl yet again this season, I wouldn't want to see her paired with Evan Lysacek, or Derek with someone who dances on Broadway.

The best was seeing Chelsea with Ty Murray. Now that transformation was worth of the mirror ball trophy! I can't help but wonder how the other pros, like Cheryl, Karina or Lacey would have been with him. That's what they should keep in mind when deciding which pros stay this season.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3834422;
    Thanks, karalott. My wishful thinking came on strong, and I immediately thought Derek was gone. Oh well.

I would just love it, though, if they would choose celebrities who weren't ringers. That's just unfair. I'd love to see a pro who has a track record for being an outstanding choreographer, try and teach someone who's a regular joe not, for example, a former ice dancer -- who's halfway there already. So if we have to see Cheryl yet again this season, I wouldn't want to see her paired with Evan Lysacek, or Derek with someone who dances on Broadway.

The best was seeing Chelsea with Ty Murray. Now that transformation was worth of the mirror ball trophy! I can't help but wonder how the other pros, like Cheryl, Karina or Lacey would have been with him. That's what they should keep in mind when deciding which pros stay this season.
    I'll take what I can get. So while I can't be lucky enough to have Derek and most likely Mark take a season off, I won't be seeing Lacey this season Of course in a perfect world I'd get all my favorite pros back, all my favorite celebs, and a new co-host that would make Tom start to worry about his job. But just give me Maks and I'll get over it (in time ) if Edyta and Kym aren't back.

Tony seems to have confirmed he'll be back, so if true, I'm getting more and more worried for Maks. He hasn't said anything one way or another, but according to his twitter, has been in Miami partying it up. I've never liked the fact that celebs can request certain pros, because if they want to ensure they stay on long enough (whether they can dance or have the name recognition to do it on their own) of course they're going to go with the most popular. I've seen Cheryl and Evan tweeting each other, and really, Cheryl's had plenty of moments for herself, and I think personally blew it when it counted in the finals with Gilles. So unless they didn't make Evan the female Kristi and gave him stiff competition, I don't think it'd be fair to have him on or automatically give him to Cheryl because they're friends. Besides, if they want to go for a Vancouver Olympian, I have others I'd suggest (can we bring Apolo back?). And look what happened with Macy/Jonathan last season-she thought she was getting Maks and treated Jonathan like crap when she didn't.

Completely agree on your comments regarding Chelsie. I think it helped that Ty and Louie had such great personalities to match hers, but I'd be skeptical if anyone could have gotten them where they ended up or made them the loveable dancers that they were.

I just saw an article that Evan Lysachek ( The new Olympic men's figure skating gold medalist) is dating Nastia Lukin ( the US gymnast that won the all around gold medal in Beijing). It got me to thinking how much fun it would be to have the two of them on the show. Then we could have all the "ringer" talk about the unfairness of athletes with those backgrounds as well as the couples competing against each other talk. That could get really interesting!

Louie is IN!!

He just tweeted it!

Excited (and surprised, but thrilled!) that Louis is in!!! Finally maybe the show will start giving him a little respect. Hope he has another great partner and maybe win it this season.

Tony's latest tweet is that he's "going home to see his wife and kids before he has to be gone for 3 months " So yeah, Tony's pretty much confirmed unless he's bluffing and has something else going on For the men, we have Damian Whitewood, Derek (ugh), Louis (!), and Tony. So if there's only 5 male pros this season, there's one more slot, and 3 more regular pros that seemed like shoo-ins. I swear, if Mark, Dmitry, and Karina come back and not Maks... If in fact this Damian dude is going to be a new pro and not something else associated with the show, and they stick to 5 male pros as they have in odd numbered seasons, I'm truly surprised they'd pick a new male pro, Tony, and Louis over Dmitry and Mark. Maks is really the only one who isn't saying anything.

Louis figured they'd all be finding out today. Chelsie and Cheryl are the only two ladies confirmed to be back with Lacey not returning.

Appears that Karina is returning, too.

Karina Smirnoff Story Page - USATODAY.com

And, I am glad that Louis will be returning.
    So, that means we'll have at least 1 fairly short female celeb on the show this season.

+ Reply to Thread