+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

I was excited for this season to start, but with the potential of Melissa co-hosting, losing my favorite pros (if in fact this is true about only 4 female pros), and Paula being a contestant, I'll have to really be a diehard fan of someone cast or of a remaining pro to have any interest. I feel like the producers are killing the show (Karalott)

I totally agree with this. I especially cannot stomach Melissa. She's all over the place. Can't we just get rid of her? Please, DWTS, keep our favorite pros!!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Source: Pamela Anderson & A Moon Walker To Appear On 'Dancing' - omg! news on Yahoo!

Another casting rumor. Getting close to the big reveal. I can't believe they have to do it through The Bachelor of all shows. It was bad enough during season 8 having to sit through Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (cried my eyes out and remembered why I avoid that show), Desperate Housewives, and Brothers/Sisters (had only Gilles been there at that time it would have been worth the last stretch).

In terms of pros, everyone's been fairly mum, so I have a feeling they're not supposed to say anything. Last season ABC wanted to wait a week and announce on GMA who everyone was paired up with, but everyone tweeted and it got spoiled. As of yesterday, both Louis and Dmitry have said that they hadn't heard anything from the show. A former pro sent Tony a FB message and asked him who he got. Derek said they're meeting their partners next week, although I'm still wondering about that. Then there's this supposed new guy, who is Australian and did Burn the Floor (his name is Damian Whitewood). Now, if there's only 11 couples, typically in the past they've done 6 male celebs to 5 female celebs. Which means only 5 male pros would be asked back; so if that's the case, and there's a new guy coming on, I actually would have thought Tony or (sadly) Maks would probably get cut for him. I wouldn't miss Dmitry, though I like the guy enough. I still don't see why the show needs to add new pros, and that could very well be part of a ratings decline this season. That, and if they keep it predictable in terms of certain pros leaving early (again) and others going far/winning (again).Maks is about the only request I have to be brought back if I had to be overly picky and only choose one. Just don't give him Pamela Anderson! Or anyone else that'll get an early exit.

FORT Fogey

Ugh I could do without Derek for a season. He is a great dancer, and seems nice enough, but his camera mugging is annoying, and he always gets good partners.

I could also do without Mark Ballas.

I would love Maks, Tony, and Johnathon to be back.

As far as the girls, I want Maks over Karina if only one is chosen, and I definitely think Cheryl could use a season off. I love Kym and Edyta, and the show would not be the same without them. I also would love to see Ashly back as co-host or dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3833529;
    Ugh I could do without Derek for a season. He is a great dancer, and seems nice enough, but his camera mugging is annoying, and he always gets good partners.

I could also do without Mark Ballas.

I would love Maks, Tony, and Johnathon to be back.

As far as the girls, I want Maks over Karina if only one is chosen, and I definitely think Cheryl could use a season off. I love Kym and Edyta, and the show would not be the same without them. I also would love to see Ashly back as co-host or dancer.
    I agree about Mark Ballas needing to take a break. But I kind of like Derek, even when he's a goofball. Plus he is ten times the choreographer that Mark is (IMO), which may be why he usually gets pretty good partners.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3833547;
    I agree about Mark Ballas needing to take a break. But I kind of like Derek, even when he's a goofball. Plus he is ten times the choreographer that Mark is (IMO), which may be why he usually gets pretty good partners.
    The one that I would rather have back over those 2 is Julianne. I think the fame went to her head, as it did these two, and while she didn't seem like the sweet innocent little Julianne in her first 3 seasons, she still beats Mark and Derek hands down. Derek isn't as bad on the dance floor in terms of mugging; I can't say he takes criticism well because he rarely ever gets it and the one time he did (with Shannon Elizabeth) they were already dating so that might have affected his judgement when the judges made her cry and they lashed out. Mark seems to have a real attitude and like he doesn't want to be bothered when he knows he won't win or has someone that he actually has to teach. Whereas Mark is a freaking nutcase on the dance floor and seems to make it all about himself, Derek only seems to dance around his partners to hide their weaknesses, doesn't go overboard with the goofy faces (at least when he dances), and does choreograph probably better than anyone.

Just give me Maks. That's all I ask. I do hope Edyta, Kym, and Chelsie are back, but I'm not counting on seeing my other favorites. Maybe I'll get surprised

I really wouldn't mind if Lacey took a break this season, too. Never been a fan but last season she seemed bored and like she wanted to be elsewhere. Mark seems kind of wrapped up in his music, so maybe he will take a break this season. But I'm not that lucky and if Derek is back, Mark probably will be, too.

ETA: Despite early unconfirmed reports, Karina has just tweeted and said she hasn't heard anything from production yet, and they're meeting their partners in 7 days. The rumor Chelsie said she heard is that only 4 returning female pros were coming back-meaning we might get some newbies. I wonder if any past female pro, like Elena Grinenko or Ashly DelGrosso, might return. They technically wouldn't be returning from last season. Out of the 4 female returnees, I really have no idea who would get axed I guess Karina might be one I could see getting the boot. Could all be a wild goose chase so the pros can get out of saying whether they're back or not and leave people like me to just speculate
    Last edited by karalott; 02-19-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Hmmmm.....I wonder who's getting the boot? My 2cents is the newest female dancer from last season. Poor choreography and not much of a personality. Cheryl, Karina, and Lacey should take a season off (never cared for Lacey to begin with). As for men, please take away Derek and Mark. Derek is an amazing choreographer, but that's where the fondness ends.

Ha! I just thought of something -- has anyone heard if Betty White was asked to do the show? She's on a roll, you know!

Cheryl and Karina tweeted ....

Karina_Smirnoff On my way to Set. Heard it's going to be a great night there.

CherylBurke1 Got the big call! Can't wait till next week!!!!

I think Karina was referring to something else. However, if Cheryl just heard, I guess there's still a chance for Karina and Dmitry. Louis, I love ya, but I don't think you're going to make it this season if in fact there is a newbie and they're cutting back. Now I'm worried for Maks Cheryl getting an invite back doesn't surprise me at all. I predict she, Lacey, and Chelsie are probably the safest of the women, though I could care less if Lacey ever came back and wouldn't miss Cheryl for a season or two. Interesting side note, Cheryl has been tweeting with recent Olympian Evan Lysacek about being on the show. He's apparently a fan so while I don't know if we'd see him this season, I wonder if we could next season (I guess he'll at least get the rumor mill going if he doesn't show up this season).

I think both Anna's are gone. Out of the other women, it's really hard for me to guess. Kym, Karina, and Edyta are the 3 veterans along with Cheryl. Kym just won, and all 3 are probably equally popular. Edyta is called boring by some, but I think she's an absolute sweetheart with a heart of gold. I'd be ticked if the show dropped her now without her ever getting a mirror ball trophy. Last year on our British counter part, there was controversy not only for axing one of the judges in favor of a younger former contestant, but getting rid of certain pros and adding new ones. Last season, SCD seemed to be nearly identical in tanking alongside our DWTS. So this season seems to be shaping up kind of similar. A new co-host instead of a new judge, and potentially new pros taking the place of our old ones. Since the guy Damian is from Burn the Floor, it makes me wonder if Maks, Kym, or Derek put in a good word for those people. It'd be nice to have a season where my least favorite pros had to sit out for a change over the ones who come back every single season. I really wouldn't mind if the rotated between seasons. Seems fair if they're going to bring in newbies and kick out the old ones.

And it still has me curious how the show plans on keeping the cast a secret for an entire week before the March 1st official reveal if everyone is finding out next week who they're getting-unless this cast is so unknown, they figure it'll take the pros a week to google search them to figure out who they are. I hope this season is better than last, but I'm getting a bad feeling it might tank even worse. Hopefully it lives up to all the secrecy that they're putting around it.

And I say bring on Betty White! It wasn't too long ago she was playing beer pong on a talk show she was on (I think Jimmy Kimmell). Who cares if she couldn't dance, she'd be a riot! Just don't bring Corky Ballas back to pair with her. He was one pro that failed, and I'd hate to see her paired with him.

Lacey's out

LaceySchwimmer Hey twitterbugs! I will not be doing DWTS this season. But be sure to tune in! <3

Quote Originally Posted by summerrain43;3833817;
    Lacey's out

LaceySchwimmer Hey twitterbugs! I will not be doing DWTS this season. But be sure to tune in! <3
    Seriously?! I wonder if it was her choice or there's. Now if only Mark would twitter he's out, and Edyta, Chelsie, Kym, and Maks twitter they're in (and heck, maybe a nice surprise from Anna T., Jonathan, Louis, and Alec), my season would be complete. Sort of.

+ Reply to Thread