+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Season 10 Speculation/Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3827987;
    According to IMDb, Paula is 5'2", several inches taller than Shawn Johnson. (It says Shawn is only 4'9", is that right?) So maybe height won't be as big a deal with her.

But I really hope she's not coming on as a contestant. The funny thing is, I don't think she would automatically win, but it would lead to another season or back-and-forth about "ringers". I'd really like a crap-free, pleasant season for a change.
    Thanks for the info! I read a few different heights for her online, so I wondered if anyone knew anything more accurate-though I didn't think to check imdb. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about Paula being on the show. Not only because she's a ringer/professional dancer/choreographer, and that will dominate the headlines (though I'm sure the show wouldn't mind the press). But I think she's polarizing. She'll be popular, but I don't think she'll win. She has as many people who like her and find her spacey state of mind entertaining and probably can't wait to see her interact with Tom, the judges, and whoever the new co-host may be. And on the same note, she has what I'd call somewhat of an anti-fan base built in. She may not be a professional ballroom dancer, but she's going to have an advantage with her dancing ability. And in all honesty, I kind of see her not getting along with the judges

On the pro side of news, another site has a link from someone who appeared on Burn the Floor this past year who says he's going to be on DWTS next season. Hopefully it's either free press for himself or he means in pro numbers. It's bad enough Jonathan, Louis, or Alec are already going to be off this season. Now if they only do 6 males, unless one of the other ones doesn't come back, all 3 will likely be gone. I know the show likes experimenting with new pros and to keep things fresh. But the pros are what help make the show. Many people always want to see Louis, Anna T., Jonathan come back, love to see what color Edyta's tissue paper costumes are going to be and whether she'll go for the leg warmers or not, and of course, the hotness that is Maks (and his chest). I feel like Mark and Derek are probably pretty golden. I wonder if Dmitry could potentially get the boot? I know he seems popular with the viewers, but he was kind of disappointing with Mya last season and totally bombed their freestyle (though he's not the only one to ever do that, but given that Mya wanted to go a completely different route and wasn't happy I think played it up more). I just hope Maks and Tony are back for the men. I'd love to see Jonathan, Alec, and Louis, but I won't get my hopes up too much there.

I'd love to see John Stamos on the show. I'd even put up with his having Karina as a partner. Well, almost.....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The pros are finding out tomorrow who's back and who isn't. Louis tweeted that there's only going to be 11 couples this season (I hate when they do the odd numbers). If they follow seasons past, then there will be 6 female pros and 5 male pros. Unless one of the other male pros takes the season off, I bet Louis will probably not be back, next to Jonathan and Alec.

I'd love to see John Stamos on the show. I'd even put up with his having Karina as a partner. Well, almost.....
    I'd be in a dilemma. I love John but equally dislike Karina. I'd want to see him do well and possibly win, but I want her gone ASAP. So I guess I'd be rooting against him as much as I'm rooting for him, all because of his partner. I still say give him to someone else, like Edyta. She's due for a decent partner.

I'm with you, Karalott.
    Not a fran of Karina's, but I could cut her slack where John is concerned.

It would be perfect, though, if John were paired with Edyta.

Another site had a snippet from Chelsie, who said she doesn't know if she's returning this season but heard a rumor that only 4 female pros might be returning this season I guess the show wants to get a female winner again. Really, I hope and can't believe that's the case. I'm worried enough for my favorite male pros getting cut, and could somewhat live with not (likely) seeing Anna T. this season. But rumors of a new male pro potentially taking a spot in a limited field, and now 4 female pros getting cut? Makes me wonder who else it'd be. I already figured the 2 Annas. Now I'm worried for Edyta, Kym, and Chelsie, as I don't think Cheryl and Lacey are going anywhere. Karina's been unofficially confirmed. Maybe I'll get lucky and the show will boot her for announcing her return when they hadn't officially informed everyone else. Same with the new pro, if he is a new pro, and not someone who's just trying to get press for himself or doing something else.

I was excited for this season to start, but with the potential of Melissa co-hosting, losing my favorite pros (if in fact this is true about only 4 female pros), and Paula being a contestant, I'll have to really be a diehard fan of someone cast or of a remaining pro to have any interest. I feel like the producers are killing the show

So no news from the pros today over who made it and who didn't, except maybe Derek, but he could just be kidding (Karina and Louis both said they hadn't heard). Although it's not exactly a huge surprise that Derek would be back. He said he'll be finding out who his partner is next week; however, since the cast isn't officially revealed until March 1st, I have a hard time believing that ABC would pair everyone up pre-reveal. It'll just get out who's on the show, unless they seclude everyone for a week, and given the lack of spoilers, they seem to be trying really hard to keep everything under wraps. Anyway, I shouldn't be surprised Derek is back, but I really, really hope he finally gets an early exit for a change. I don't know if there's something in their contract that a Ballas/Hough either has to win or make the semi's, but that's all that trio has done since they joined. It'd be nice to see everyone on equal footing this time, and not have any producers pets going in.

Do we know yet who is set to take over for Samantha?

We probably won't know at least until the new cast is announced during the Bach finale.

They are supposedly screen-testing the 3 potential candidates now (see above posts).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

John Stamos would be an exciting contestant.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I would so love to see John Stamos on this show. I will not be rooting for him if he is paired with Karina though. I really don't like her personality/attitude on DWTS. I hope he gets Edyta, as a previous poster said. That would be a great match!

Please please let Pam Anderson get Mark and them get voted off early. Plus, they would be oh so hilarious to watch together..talk about polar opposites!

A few more dream contestants would be Fred Savage, Reba McEntire, Ben Affleck or Carrie Underwood. I wish they could get some A listers-it would make things oh so interesting and fun! I know Carrie couldn't do it though, she has a tour this spring-which I'll be attending!

+ Reply to Thread