+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 11/24 Finale Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/24 Finale Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3757051;
    Yes but still, in previous seasons they at least asked a couple of questions from both the winner and runner up and gave them time to answer and thank their pros etc. And even if you skip that, it would've been nice to see Kym and Donny celebrate more, especially Kym. She finally wins one and all we get to see a minute or so of her being happy before its credits and the show ends.

I just wish ABC would do a program change next year and just hurry up to the results so the viewers could see more of the celebrations and the happy winners. I mean two freaking hours and they can't cut out two minutes somewhere and save it to the end so people can watch the winners abit more??
    The glitch at the beginning might have left not enough time at the end.

But, I agree, after all the work and build up, it's kind of an anti-climax or unsatisfying when the celebrations are too short.

Derek and his partner's win had a great celebration. I loved that.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3757006;
    ABC - That was a brilliant way to audition Miss Piggy for Samantha's job! WooHoo! Let's hear it for Miss Piggy for next season!

LOVE that Donny and Kym won!

What a gentleman. He hugged Mya, brought out his wife, kids, and Marie, and shared - really shared the win with Kym. What a class act all the way. I'm delighted for them both. Only problem is I wish Kelly would have come in 2nd, but oh well.
    ITA

I'm really happy that Donny & Kym won. I too wanted Kelly to place 2nd but am so proud of her for what she accomplished this season. I also enjoyed seeing Natalie who was also one of my favorites and Melissa who I just like. The dance off between Michael & Jerry was good. I was one who liked Jerry although wanted Drew to win. I was never a fan of Stacy and found her a bit on the boring side although had the best legs.

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;3756948;
    I have no idea how she hasn't gotten kicked off this show yet.
    It takes a lot to remove anyone from the cast of a big hit show, including the least valuable "stars." Producers seem to think it's too risky to tamper with the "winning formula."

Look how long we had to wait to see Paula Abdul leave American Idol.

P.S. I still have no idea how Harris got the job. She has no background in dancing and never won an Emmy for hosting (like Tom). Has anyone seen her audition tape? I generally hit mute when she comes on. I'd like to see somebody with grace like Jaclyn Smith replace her. She did fine hosting Shear Genius and will look better opposite Bergeron. Although a comedienne is a good idea, too. Harris doesn't provide much comic relief.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention how great it was seeing Natalie perform again. Back when I was voting, I didn't vote for her because I thought she was "safe".

I loved the Adam Carolla "coach" schtick (last season, too), even though I am so not an Adam Carolla fan.

And I am so glad that Mya didn't win. Donny took too long to grow on me, maybe (ya think?) because I didn't give him much chance of that (didn't watch many of his performances). There were a few moments when I thought that Mya might take 3rd (wishful thinking, I know). Kelly is amazing, but I even missed the last couple weeks of her performances due to so many of my faves leaving and becoming disenchanted with the BS of this show. And that real life stuff can often make it challenging to keep up.

I'm going to watch my recording, since I didn't view the whole show. As much as I lost interest in this season, I'mm a bit sad that it's over. Nostalgia, I guess.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Congratulations Donny & Kym!
    Once again a dynamite Freestyle made the difference. Proof that the viewers/voters do count.
    What a gracious winner too. I loved the way he brought out his family & insisted that Kym hold the trophy with him. He was absolutely glowing.

I was a little disappointed with Mya when Samantha asked her what she would like to say to Dimitry & she couldn't even thank him or compliment him. All she could do is talk about herself & what a good time SHE had, but not a word about or to Dimitry. She didn't even look at him.
    Maybe it was just an oversight in all the confusion, but it came across poorly.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

FORT Newbie

Not to take anything away from Donny, but if Mya is a professional dancer, then Donny has been a professional entertainer that included dancing for almost 50 years. I don't think either had experience in Ballroom Dancing, so they both should've been on equal footing. The whole thing seemed a bit unfair because it was more than obvious that the fix was in for a Donny win. Mya, you're a beautiful and talented girl and good things are bound to come your way.

So happy that Donnie won and not Mya! Woohoo! I'm even happier for Kim. She deserved a win.

The best part of the show for me was when Miss Piggy took out Samantha. Although I will admit, Samantha was actually pretty funny during that skit.

I adore Kelly. She has developed into such a sweet woman. I hope she stays on the path she's on.

Hilarious when Joanna turned the tables on Derek.

Why didn't Whitney sing? She pretty much talked her way through it.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3757057;
    It takes a lot to remove anyone from the cast of a big hit show, including the least valuable "stars." Producers seem to think it's too risky to tamper with the "winning formula."

Look how long we had to wait to see Paula Abdul leave American Idol.

P.S. I still have no idea how Harris got the job. She has no background in dancing and never won an Emmy for hosting (like Tom). Has anyone seen her audition tape? I generally hit mute when she comes on. I'd like to see somebody with grace like Jaclyn Smith replace her. She did fine hosting Shear Genius and will look better opposite Bergeron. Although a comedienne is a good idea, too. Harris doesn't provide much comic relief.
    I was bummed when I learned one of my all time favorite pros, Charlotte Jorgensen from the first season, was considered for Samantha's job but they passed her over. There's someone with humor, grace, class, sophistication, and who knows what she's talking about. I don't know how she got the job, either. But it's pretty bad when a puppet upstages you. The few moments with Miss Piggy tonight were the best backstage interviews since Drew Lachey. If the show can survive losing favorite pros without damage, I don't anything would happen if a co-host that everyone mocks was ditched.

Dmitry really doesn't do anything for me as a pro, and he had his chance this season, but I kind of felt for him. Mya likely blames him totally for their loss, but it's telling when the audience doesn't chant your name but does the other 2 finalists.

Yes - Maks, Edyta, Jonathan are all due for a win. But Maks did have Mel B. and Leila Ali (both good partners). And Jonathan made it to the finals with Baby Jane Hudson/Bride of Chucky. Edyta had Jason Taylor.
    Maks has been lucky, but not in the last few seasons since he's been back. Obviously I think many thought his partnerships with Denise and Debi would work out better than they did, and the Misty situation was just unfortuante. Edyta had her somewhat good luck, placement wise, early on, but hasn't fared well since Jason, either. Of the 3, I think Jonathan's gotten the worst shaft. He's been eliminated 3 times in a row (okay, so skip season 7 and it'd be in a row). I missed Cheryl, but in a good season, I might not have. I actually wouldn't mind next season if Derek and/or Mark took a break or were gone by the 5th boot. But I know in Derek's case that'll never happen. Just don't bring Corky back

I think it would be touching for Edyta after being the only pro on all 10 seasons to finally get her big win. I'll be really curious how the show re-vamps itself for next season.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-25-2009 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3757031;
    Although happy with the results, I am not particularly surprised. Sdl and Catherine had already discussed the technicalities of a Donny win, and I had surmised Kelly would go out in 3rd to give a run off between a male and a female which is typical. Also, it has been a while since we have had a male winner.

What I had begun to think very strongly was that the producers (who we know have some of their people monitoring the Bachelor forum on the FORT and most likely monitor this forum as well) were well aware of the general opinion against Mya's professional dance status against the others.

I was very surprised at the strong ( almost foreshadowing) emphasis placed last night on the importance of the freestyle. Whereas in past seasons it may have been mentioned once or not at all, every couple plus Tom made it very clear that the freestyle could and actually had decided the whole season several times. Then we were shown where Dmitry deliberately choreographed a dance for Mya that the judges deemed inadequate and for which they scored her lower than Donny. We saw the difference of opinion between Dmitry and Mya, and we saw the expected reaction of the judges.

That resulted in VN1 showing a 10 point differential between Donny and Mya which I think also sent a message to the producers. It is my opinion that Mya's 28 and Donny's 30 were a deliberate reversal to insure that Donny became the winner.

I told this idea to my friend before the judges' scores were ever given, and it panned out the way I thought it would.

I will say this, though.....although I in no way thought it was fair for a professional such as Mya to win, she did try hard, and the fault for her even being in the position to have won was not hers but the producers.
    After Donny & Kym's disastrous dance and still getting pulled through to the next week by their fans, I knew then Donny had a chance to win it.

But I definitely don't think it was rigged like so many on the ABC Board. Mya was getting overscored including her last two dances. (And before that, their paso, too, I thought, was terribly overrated, with awful music to boot.) The degree of difficulty was so low for her in those and the freestyle, and especially low to the difficulty of the Argentine Waltz of her closest competitor.

I don't think Donny was the best winner ever, but not the worst, either.

The average scores for the champions:

Kristi Yamaguchi: 28.3
    Drew Lachey: 27.7
    Apolo Anton Ohno: 27.5
    Helio Castroneves: 27.1
    Brooke Burke: 27.1
    Shawn Johnson: 26.9
    Emmitt Smith: 26.8
    Donny Osmond: 25.5
    Kelly Monaco: 22.4

The early attacks against Mya indicated that Len was biased from the beginning, but he later gave her a ten, and after that I don't think he ever gave her unfair scores except when he overscored her (perhaps trying to prove he wasn't biased as he at first seemed to be). Certainly he did nothing to sink her chances.

Once again it came down to the wire. Dimitry chose an inappropriate freestyle, but failed to understand the moment, but Mya was partly to blame because of their season-long squabbling over choreography. He blew it at the beginning and at the end. After seeing what happened last season with poor Cheryl and Gilles, you'd think they would have learned from it and kept history from repeating itself.

This show needs a Fan Favorite Award or something like it, so that the most improved dancer can get an award that satisfies her/him to some extent, and their fans, too; especially when that's what DWTS is all about.

Donny was the winner but the story of Kelly was bigger. He won the ball: she won our hearts.

P.S. Chelsie seems to be waiting for Louie to ask her out.

FORT Fogey

I think this ended as everyone speculated it would from day 1. I remember some friends of mine saying they weren't even going to bother watching the season, since clearly Donny was going to win. He had some tough obstacles, and a convenient "other ringer" in Mya to deflect that early drama. I enjoyed all of DMya's dances (all my votes went to them), but Donny/Kym's freestyle pushed them over the top. Well done, and congratulations to the top 3!

+ Reply to Thread