+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 11/24 Finale Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 11/24 Finale Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Does anyone remember the ending of the movie "Babe" where the farmer looks down at the pig at the end of the competition and says "that'll do, Pig, that'll do".

That's kind of how I feel about this finale.

That'll do, Donny, that'll do.

Congratulations Donny & Kym. A well deserved win.

Yay Donny and Kym!!! I'm so happy that Kym has finally won a mirror ball trophy, but also happy that Donny won this season. He desered it! The PRO is only as good as what they produce with their partner. Go Kym and Donny!

I lost interest in the season halfway through and followed it here.

The high point of tonight for me was watching Chelsie and Louie dance again - to Donny's singing! I wish they hadn't cut away from them so much. And I guess Samantha put the rumors to rest --- but "we can hope"!

Did anyone else think Aaron's remarks were a bit cryptic?

I noticed at the end the Osborne family didn't participate in the standing O.

At the beginning of the show tonight, I didn't care who won. Halfway through I thought the signs were pointing to Donny. He does seem to deserve it.

Wow Donny Osmond wins dancing with the stars. too bad he isn't the best dancer. I hope the money he paid for those ballroom dancing lessons was worth the win. Mya is the best dancer too bad she didn't win,but I have learned the best dancer never wins this thing most of the time. Quagmire will do since he too is what can be seen as a ringer, if there is such a thing on a show with no rules.

at least now all I have to watch the finale for is Michael and Jerry. I can finish my baking knowing 2nd best wins again.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Yay Donny!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

What a contrast this win was to the Ballas/Hough wins when Derek or Mark put each other on their shoulders and dance around with the trophy - oh yeah, and then they let the star see it, too...
    Donny was a class act - as was Kym. I'm as happy or happier for her as I am for him. You could tell that this meant a lot. They (especially Donny) were so subdued before they were announced as winners.
    I'm so glad I watched!

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3757015;
    Wow Donny Osmond wins dancing with the stars. too bad he isn't the best dancer. I hope the money he paid for those ballroom dancing lessons was worth the win. Mya is the best dancer too bad she didn't win,but I have learned the best dancer never wins this thing most of the time. Quagmire will do since he too is what can be seen as a ringer, if there is such a thing on a show with no rules.

at least now all I have to watch the finale for is Michael and Jerry. I can finish my baking knowing 2nd best wins again.
    Well just like Gilles and Mel B. Crappy freestyle = no trophy.

I actually preferred Joanna's dances to Mya's and think she was the best. Mya has no soul to her dancing, while Joanna to me has at least some and I did enjoy her dances for the most part.

Also, this HAS to be the shortest amount of time they've given a celeb to celebrate their win of all seasons so far or maybe its just my perception? It was announce the winner, a 'whoa whoa' from Donny and a few sentences from Mya and then a couple of minutes to celebrate and then it was over and the next show is on.

Couldn't they just cut like two extra minutes from the rest of the show so we can see more of the celebrations afterwards? Is that too much to ask?
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

My husband (who actually watched with me tonight) said that this certainly has made his wife happy! I told him that the best part about it was that smug Mya didn't win. The next best thing was that Kym did win. Donny winning was icing on the cake.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Very, very disappointed.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude;3757023;
    Well just like Gilles and Mel B. Crappy freestyle = no trophy.

I actually preferred Joanna's dances to Mya's and think she was the best. Mya has no soul to her dancing, while Joanna to me has at least some and I did enjoy her dances for the most part.

Also, this HAS to be the shortest amount of time they've given a celeb to celebrate their win of all seasons so far or maybe its just my perception? It was announce the winner, a 'whoa whoa' from Donny and a few sentences from Mya and then a couple of minutes to celebrate and then it was over and the next show is on.

Couldn't they just cut like two extra minutes from the rest of the show so we can see more of the celebrations afterwards? Is that too much to ask?

I think they want people to tune into the interviews with the winners on Jimmy Kimmel (tonight) and GMA (tomorrow monring) etc.
    Last edited by Wind Dancer; 11-24-2009 at 11:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread