+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

[QUOTE=sdl;3756138;]*********
    It's not like her legs are tree trunks or anything, but she is so petite everywhere else that her legs (thighs) look really fat for her body. At least that's what I see......and it was actually my daughter who first pointed it out.
    My daughter and a couple of others asked why they didn't cover those things up better.
    But if I'm wrong, I can accept it. It's not the worst of her faults.[/QUOTE]

Once again, your comments have made me laugh!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was never a fan of Donny or Marie in the past.
    However, I am a fan of anyone who entertains me and manages to learn to do these dances in the process.
    Both Donny and Kelly entertained me and they each brought charisma and emotion to their dances. They also displayed incredible work ethics and were very humble about their experience on the show. In addition, both of them engaged me as a viewer.
    Donny did a much better job than Kelly did last night, IMO, so I threw my votes to him.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3756409;
    Man, I don't see nor get any of the attitude problems that some of the posters on this board says about Mya and guess you know her personally and possibly went to school with her. None the less my family and I love to watch her dance, I think she great and deserves to win it. At least she gotten the majority of my family's votes. I love Donny..grew up watching the Donny and Marie show, but sometimes he gets confused and causing a lot of miss steps to occur. Kelly is just cute, dancing wise....not so much. I didn't like any of the freestyle dancing of all three groups. I thought they were a hot mess and didn't put out any pizazz (sp). My vote is for Mya to win it, but if Donny wins it, then great.

None the less, I'm looking forward to the show down between Michael Irvin and Jerry Rice. I know it's going to be a hoot to watch.
    Regarding the bolded part: Thank you for posting that. I agree with you and am totally befuddled when I read all the posts about her bad attitude and lack of connection with her partner. I had never heard of her before this show and still really don't much about her other than what I see on the show. She is fine to me.

Donny is Donny....never a huge fan but I don't dislike him either.....he makes me smile when he dances though.

Kelly... I think she is absolutely adorable and I have loved watching her dance. No I am not an Osborne fan and thus my like for her. Actually, I am NOT an Ozzie Ozborne fan. I don't enjoy his style of music at all. I think I saw his reality show once so I have no basis for liking Kelly from that either. I just happen to love watching Kelly on this show.

I think Mya is the best dancer but I have to agree its not quite fair if she came to the show with so much more dance experience over the others..Don't hate her though.

Oh and I LOVED listening to Earth Wind and Fire on Donny's dance. Haven't thought of that song in years. Just downloaded it to my zune.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

FORT Fogey

"Is everyone on the team Donny wagon in their 50's and been a fan forever? Just wondering."

That does not describe me at all. Not my age group and I have NEVER been a Donny fan.

My ending up rooting for him based on his enthusiasm and hard work and humble attitude--as well as his very enjoyable dancing--is a very big surprise to me!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;3756292;
    My guess is that if Mya does not win, she will blame Dmitry.
    She should have been a sport, taken one for the team, and said it was her idea. But of course Mya will blame it all on Dmitry. Which, in a way, is his fault. But I also have a hard time believing that Mya just gave up control on this ultra important, break all rules dance.

Is everyone on the team Donny wagon in their 50's and been a fan forever? Just wondering.

And wow with Krupa's tweets the past day. She is so bitter.
    I knew Joanna's 'tude would come out eventually. She looked peeved last week. And I didn't expect to be a Donny fan, didn't root for Marie, but as someone in their 20s, have loved every minute of him this season. Of course it helps he's paired with one of my favorite and underrated, underappreciated pros But my mom is an Osmond fan from the very beginning, so I've heard a lot about them growing up.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

"Is everyone on the team Donny wagon in their 50's and been a fan forever? Just wondering."

I'm in my 50s but never listened to Donny, Donnie & Marie, The Osmonds, or any other permutations of the family. I can't name a single song they've ever done.

I've come to like Donny over the course of the competition. At the start of this season, my favorite was Mark because I watch Iron Chef.

Watching Donny dance makes me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3756472;

I'm in my 50s but never listened to Donny, Donnie & Marie, The Osmonds, or any other permutations of the family. I can't name a single song they've ever done.

I've come to like Donny over the course of the competition. At the start of this season, my favorite was Mark because I watch Iron Chef.

Watching Donny dance makes me smile.

And, that's what this show is all about!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I'm not in my 50's - so I wasn't part of the time when Donny Osmond was a teen heartthrob. I actually didn't think I would like him, but he has grown on me because of his great attitude. I think his has been the best this season. Plus, I'm impressed that a guy my dad's age can keep up with the 20-somethings!

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3756424;
    I was never a fan of Donny or Marie in the past.
    However, I am a fan of anyone who entertains me and manages to learn to do these dances in the process.
    Both Donny and Kelly entertained me and they each brought charisma and emotion to their dances. They also displayed incredible work ethics and were very humble about their experience on the show. In addition, both of them engaged me as a viewer.
    Donny did a much better job than Kelly did last night, IMO, so I threw my votes to him.
    I disliked Donny as a kid, and expected to boo him on this show, but he won me over for the same reasons that so many people seem to like him now.
    I appreciate his attitude, sincerity, hard work, team spirit, and joy in performing. In other words, he is the anti-Mya.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3756381;
    Is everyone on the team Donny wagon in their 50's and been a fan forever? Just wondering.
    I'm in my mid-20s, and the only recollection I have of Donny Osmond growing up involves hazy memories of his video for that song "Soldier of Love" on VH1 in either the late 80s or early 90s. So, in short answer to your question, no.

Natalie was my favorite, and I didn't even want to watch the show after she got voted off. But my mom loves Donny, so I kept watching to humor her. I actually really grew to like him and respect him. I didn't care for Marie very much (Helio was my guy that season! ) because of the over-the-top aspect, so stuff like Donny-Bruno near the start of the season didn't go well with me. But as the weeks went on, I just really grew to like him. As others said, his dancing makes me smile. Of the 3 left, he's the only one that's had that effect on me, save Kelly's first dance of the season. I loved the freestyle Kym came up with, and I really appreciate just how much he seems to enjoy dancing. Bruno's comments about his professionalism last night only made me like him more. I like rooting for people like that. Last night made me glad I kept watching even when I didn't want to.

Also agree with those who say the "I want to beat Marie!" bit is just their sibling rivalry showing through. I'm an only child myself, but I can understand the idea of wanting to be competitive and beat your sibling.

+ Reply to Thread