+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by muslady;3755987;
    I keep trying to call but the line is busy. I haven't gotten through yet.
    Muslady, I kept hitting the redial button. I got many busy signals, but once in awhile it would go through. At the hour mark, I got a recording that said the phone lines for my time zone had ended, but we could vote online at the ABC site.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3755917;
    CA said it wasn't outstanding. Len says she has a great dance talent but agrees with CA, says it never went anywhere. Hee hee! Bruno didn't like it either, who cares what else he said.
    I'm no expert, but I felt the same ... and it was all Dmitry's fault! That dance was a big mistake, and if they don't win the trophy, he has himself to thank. He'll never have a partner as good as Mya, and he gives her some twinkie little dance in the freestyle that does not allow her to show what she can do. That would have been a cute dance in week 2 for Shawn Johnson or Marissa Winokur (was that her name?). Very poor judgment on Dmitry's part. He totally wasted his partner's talent.

Quote Originally Posted by muslady;3755987;
    I keep trying to call but the line is busy. I haven't gotten through yet.

East-coaster here. I dialed for over an hour, got though once before I got the message that I had voted the maximum amount of votes. I'm assuming that message was because it was alreay 10 pm and voting closed. Good thing I had the internet votes left. We have 7 email addresses in the family and I used them all! Go Donny!!
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

I'm going to give my 2 cents before I read so I'm not swayed.

Kelly's first dance was terrific. She did ok on the group dance but Louis failed her on the freestyle. It was boring and beyond her capabilities. As much as I hate to say it, I can't see her winning, although I wouldn't be a bit upset if she did.

Donnie was good tonight. His freestyle was the only one I liked but it was a tad safe and maybe a little boring. If Kelly can't take it home, he's my 2nd pick.

Mya. Ugh. My husband who watches it with me commented that she is very dull. He says shes dances well, but she has zero personality. Even in rehearsals. I agree. That Paso would have been great....if someone else were doing it. ALso, her Freestyle was terrible. Very boring. Even with the mistakes, I think Kelly's was better. At least we know Kelly was having a blast out there.

I'll be happy with Donnie or Kelly taking it. Just not Mya.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Kym ( and Donny ) have my 50 phone votes votes tonight.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I had a hard time getting through for Donny tonight, too. I got through on one phone finally, but on the other only got through once. I'm not going to get too excited, though, because I'm sure Mya's fans are voting like crazy for her.

I'm still amazed that Mya/Dmitry blew their freestyle. Of all the dances they could have gotten a perfect score on, that would have been the one. I am thrilled for Donny/Kym though. I wish the judges would give Kym a little more choreography credit.

Thoughts on the show:

Kelly's Argentine Tango was nicely done.
    Mya's Paso was excellent, although I liked Derek's more.
    Donny did a fine job on the cha cha cha.

On the whole, I thought all those scores were reasonable.

The Megamix was confusing. It was hard to follow what everybody was doing, if I looked at Kelly I missed what Mya was doing, Donny was having to compete against the pros, and not the two women who are actually his competition - a really garbled mess. And those scores were totally predetermined.

Freestyle. Well, I thought two of those freestyles were grossly overscored. If a wardrobe malfunction gets a seven last week, I think FALLING DOWN out of a lift should have, too. I wasn't impressed with Kelly's freestyle even before that, and then she fell apart. Awful. Just awful.

Mya - boring, prosaic, not even close to being challenging enough. Dimitri blew this. It was too easy, too trite, and he recycled moves from another routine. Nines were ridiculously generous, and I bet Mya's fit to be tied.

Donny.... dude. Way to pull it out when you had to. That 30 was richly deserved for a difficult and wildly entertaining dance.

Quote Originally Posted by abrahammy;3756041;
    Freestyle. Well, I thought two of those freestyles were grossly overscored. If a wardrobe malfunction gets a seven last week, I think FALLING DOWN out of a lift should have, too. I wasn't impressed with Kelly's freestyle even before that, and then she fell apart. Awful. Just awful.

Mya - boring, prosaic, not even close to being challenging enough. Dimitri blew this. It was too easy, too trite, and he recycled moves from another routine. Nines were ridiculously generous, and I bet Mya's fit to be tied.

Donny.... dude. Way to pull it out when you had to. That 30 was richly deserved for a difficult and wildly entertaining dance.
    And the blame (and praise) for most of that (with the Freestyles more than anything else) goes to the choreography (or as Wen calls it "cawweeogwaphee"). Kym's was exciting, fast and dynamic, and Louis and Dimitry's were staid, boring and vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3756039;
    I wish the judges would give Kym a little more choreography credit.
    Amen. She's been the largest party responsible for Donny's success. His work ethic isn't unimportant, but without Kym knowing exactly what to do with him he would have been... Kelly.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Couldn't watch tonight or vote by phone/text but did get the online votes in. I'm happy that D/K did so well. I'm hoping he'll win and if not then Kelly who I feel has come the longest way. I will be very disappointed if Mya wins who not only is a professional imo but boring to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3756033;
    Kym ( and Donny ) have my 50 phone votes votes tonight.
    Well, my 50 votes went to Kelly/Louie. I won't be disappointed at all if Donny wins. I cheered at his perfect 30 on their freestyle, because it drew him within 2 points of Mya. I do not want that woman to win. If Kelly can't win, I hope the tradition continues and the "freestyle" wins it. Donny did well tonight and Kelly did well too. I just adore her personality, she is so funny and she has come a long, long way in this competition. No matter what happens, she has every reason to be proud of herself.

+ Reply to Thread