+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3753739;
    Ahem but Donny Osmond has been both performing and Dancing longer than Mya has been on this earth. I am a few years younger than Donny and he and Marie did lots of dancing and singing on the Donny & Marie show. Donny is a performer on stage and some could say that gives him an edge over the rest of the contestants also.

I guess A celebrity is only a ringer when it's someone you don't want to win. You can not be a ringer if the show has no rules that say you can have never danced before. This whole thing is just too funny. Poor Mya the world just doesn't want her to have that tacky mirrored ball.
    Donny Osmond danced here and there when he had to; he didn't take years of class and perform as a soloist. He does not have a dancer's body, or conditioning, or flexibility. He had nothing to hide coming into this.

I don't dislike Mya because she's most likely going to win over anyone else in particular; if I ever hear one of her alleged R&B hits, I will judge it on its own merits. The fact that she, a professional dancer, is on the show at all lessens my enjoyment of it, because (barring injury) there was no real competition this season. It was a foregone conclusion. And she didn't endear herself enough to me to make it matter less. And that is the third and last time I'm going to explain myself, because it's silly to get into chicken fights over such things.

Everyone is free to like and dislike whoever they want. Nobody is right or wrong.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3753739;
    Ahem but Donny Osmond has been both performing and Dancing longer than Mya has been on this earth. I am a few years younger than Donny and he and Marie did lots of dancing and singing on the Donny & Marie show. Donny is a performer on stage and some could say that gives him an edge over the rest of the contestants also.

I guess A celebrity is only a ringer when it's someone you don't want to win. You can not be a ringer if the show has no rules that say you can have never danced before. This whole thing is just too funny. Poor Mya the world just doesn't want her to have that tacky mirrored ball.
    I still find that argument silly. To try to compare Donny's dancing on stage to a professionally trained dancer and choreographer is like comparing a stay at home mom who cooks every day to Wolfgang Puck. Sure.. they both cook, but there are MILES of differences between what they do and the level at which they do it.

Donny being a performer on stage doesn't put him miles above the other 15 contestants in this competition, as almost all of them were performers as well. The only one that really didn't perform in their "real" life is Joanna.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I am surprised Joanna Krupa was eliminated as she and Mya are the best dancers this season. I would not be surprised if it was between Kelly Osbourne and Donny Osmond for first place with third going to Mya.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3753856;
    I am surprised Joanna Krupa was eliminated as she and Mya are the best dancers this season. I would not be surprised if it was between Kelly Osbourne and Donny Osmond for first place with third going to Mya.

I would love to see Donny and Kelly as the final 2. But, I don't think there's any possibility of that happening. Mya is there till the bitter end.

I can only hope that Kelly's fans (if she leaves 3rd place) switch over to vote for Donny. Or vice versa if Donny leaves 3rd place. They're going to have to combine their fan bases to even have a shot at beating out Mya in the finals because the judges will undoubtedly give Mya 30s every dance.

Really rooting for Donny - I would love to see a 50-something man walk away a winner in this competition.
    Last edited by Alexxxx; 11-19-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I also think Mya will win. They've been hyping it all season more or less. It's almost like watching season 6 all over again when it was too obvious that Kristi was going to win. I can, however, hope that maybe they're leading to her downfall where she gets beat out by a bigger fan favorite. There have been a few times where Donny has beaten her out on different fan polls that we follow here.

Even if she wins, it'll just be an 'eh' ending to a mediocre season anyway. I guess seasons like this should have winners to fit them.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3753856;
    I'd be very surprised if that were to happen. Even if you added Joanna's share of VN!'s numbers to Kelly's - in other words, if every person who voted for Joanna would now vote for Kelly - she would be so far behind Mya and Donny that even perfect scores wouldn't help her. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that even if some Mya or Donny voters switched to Kelly, she would still fall far short. The numbers are that overwhelming.

IMO they can go ahead and inscribe Mya and Dmitry's names on the mirrorball trophies.

While I haven't expressed any opinions about Mya one way or the other - I have recused myself on several grounds - DWTS is not a public service but a business venture with obligations to shareholders to maximize ratings and revenues, and having Mya on the show, even as the all-but-preordained winner, is a decision I'd support if I worked at ABC. As a viewer I might disagree, but that is irrelevant.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3753876;

I can only hope that Kelly's fans (if she leaves 3rd place) switch over to vote for Donny. Or vice versa if Donny leaves 3rd place. They're going to have to combine their fan bases to even have a shot at beating out Mya in the finals because the judges will undoubtedly give Mya 30s every dance.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but fans can't switch their votes once 3rd place is announced, can they? All the fan voting is finished Monday night (online voting until noon eastern) and all that's left is to factor in the repeat dance from earlier in the season.

I don't see the judges automatically giving Mya perfect scores. They certainly didn't give Gilles any more than they thought he deserved after the Cheryl-oriented Freestyle. If any one of the judges had given Gilles just one more point, Gilles would have won. But Mya doesn't need perfect scores in order to win, imo. She all but has the votes.

I agree with you that a lot of Kelly supporters might prefer Donny over Mya, but unless they vote for Donny, it won't help him, and I doubt that the typical voter even follows the numbers enough to see that Kelly can't win. I might be totally wrong, but that's how I see it right now.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3753924;
    Correct me if I am wrong, but fans can't switch their votes once 3rd place is announced, can they? All the fan voting is finished Monday night (online voting until noon eastern) and all that's left is to factor in the repeat dance from earlier in the season.

I don't see the judges automatically giving Mya perfect scores. They certainly didn't give Gilles any more than they thought he deserved after the Cheryl-oriented Freestyle. If any one of the judges had given Gilles just one more point, Gilles would have won. But Mya doesn't need perfect scores in order to win, imo. She all but has the votes.

I agree with you that a lot of Kelly supporters might prefer Donny over Mya, but unless they vote for Donny, it won't help him, and I doubt that the typical voter even follows the numbers enough to see that Kelly can't win. I might be totally wrong, but that's how I see it right now.
    Unless there's a new voting rule, they can't. Every season but seasons 1 and 3 have had a final 3 and they announce 3rd place, then the runner up and winner. In some seasons, all 3 couples danced their favorite dance again for the judges scores. In season 5 and 6 that I recall off the top of my head, only the top 2 did. Season 2 they had an entirely new dance to perform for the judges scores only. Many say that it'll probably come down to freestyles this year. Mya will likely nail it on the dance technique with her dance background, especially in hip hop. If she can make Dmitry look good with her choreography, as I'm sure she'll likely be calling the shots for that one. However, will it be entertaining enough? I loved Kym's 2 previous freestyle attempts with both Joey and Warren, and Donny is obviously a showman. Then there's Louis/Kelly who can probably put together something funky. I think Len is the only one who cares about any actually dancing for that round. They may love Mya's expertise and technique and think she nailed the moves, but the viewers may speak a different tune.

Fanbase wise, between Donny and Kelly, I think Donny has the advantage. Kelly will likely come in 3rd, poor Kym will finish 2nd for the third time, and Mya/Dmitry will pretend to be surprised when Tom announces them as the winner. The audience hasn't been as vocal as previous seasons, I wonder if the cheers will be short and sound fake? And I wonder if Mya/Dmitry will give away that they won when Tom says 'did the viewers make you their champion?' I can almost see them nodding yes. Anyway, Tuesday can't come fast enough for me. This season has been a trainwreck in the worst way.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

I absolutely hate that Joanna got sent home!!! Not that I especially love her, but she was much more pleasant to watch than Donny and technically much better than either Kelly or Donny. And I LIKE Kelly! But in a "right" world, either Donny or Kelly would have gone home. Ah, well, guess I'll just have to enjoy watching Mya & Dimitry achieve perfection and win - not that I mind, because in a "right" world, these two would win. It just irritates me that all the best dancers are not in the finals, but Donny Osmond is. And I don't hate Donny. Let's face it though, he's screwed up enough in this competition that he should be gone. *end rant*
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineAG;3753924;

Oops, my bad. I was thinking there was a vote with 3 left, and then another one with 2 left. Must have been thinking of another show.

So, no chance of combining fan bases for Kelly and Donny. Bummer.

+ Reply to Thread