+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 11/17 Results Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Originally Posted by BTW
    You're kidding! Only thing I wanted to see during that segment was the Bee Gees. When I saw how bad they look now, I switched the channel. I don't understand the favortism Melissa gets in comparison to numerous other past contestents. who could have (and should have) easily filled her spot.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3752892;
    Not kidding. You may not like her, but she is popular enough with a segment of the viewing public (or at least the producers believe as much) that they felt her appearance would be good for ratings, IMO. And she was willing to do it. Is it your belief that she bullied her way onto the show?
    Agree. If Melissa wasn't well liked, popular, they wouldn't have asked her back to perform.

The Bee Gees, Barry's voice is so high, they were good for the disco era. Sometimes Barry's voice sounds like an album playing on the old turn table in a wrong speed

Did anyone catch Mya last night complaining about all she's had to overcome including several "wardrobe malfunction" Monday night? Donny was a little indignant.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;3752935;
    Did anyone catch Mya last night complaining about all she's had to overcome including several "wardrobe malfunction" Monday night? Donny was a little indignant.
    I saw that. I posted that Mya seems to always bring up these make believe bad things that have happened to her, just like other couples. I guess she wants to make it seem like she's just like one of the gang and isn't as perfect and professional as she is.

I thought the Melissa slot was a waste of space and pointless.

The results show seemed very odd last night. The way Tom announced the couples safe and made the other 2 wait, so dramatically, like there was a chance they wouldn't be in the bottom 2 (out of 4 couples). Joanna/Derek had to have known they were going by the ticked off looks on their faces and the special treatment they got by being able to perform their last dance completely. The lack of reaction from the judges and audience, and also Louis not looking quite as relieved as I would have thought. Kelly and Donny seemed to be the only ones who looked geniunely surprised they were safe.

Melissa was on because she has a very high likability rating with the viewers. (TVQ) That is documented.

Many on this board may not like her, but that does not represent the total audience out there.

I happen to like her and enjoyed her dancing.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Reportedly the couples are dancing 4 dances next week. Karina tweeted that she and former DWTS pro Nick Kosovich were going to be performing something with the finalists. But 4 dances? I think that's pushing it. Once again, anything to get 2 hours.

It's only, thank heaven, 1 1/2 hours next week. Abc is promo-ing some new show at 9:30. Lucky us!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3753037;
    It's only, thank heaven, 1 1/2 hours next week. Abc is promo-ing some new show at 9:30. Lucky us!
    I don't know what show it is, but thank heavens! I may watch just because it's keeping DWTS from being 2 hours. I love the show as much as the next person, but 2 hours for so few dances is too long.

I don't know what the show is, either. I just remember Tom talking about the premiere next week.
    I think 2 dances would have been more than enough. 4 is almost over kill.

[QUOTE=sdl;3752818;]************

Did anyone else think Melissa's dance was weird, meaning that they hardly let her on the stage after all of the hype?

Me: This deal is almost over....oops, is that Melissa?

Friend: I think so, but.....it's over. (end quote)

Yes, I felt the same way that something must have gone wrong such as her feet hurt and she decided not to go on or her back was out again and Cheryl filled in for her. That just did not seem planned. Also, they didn't even show her close up. I was looking forward to seeing her dance with Tony we know she is capable of doing that so something must have changed at the last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3753046;
    I don't know what the show is, either. I just remember Tom talking about the premiere next week.
    I think 2 dances would have been more than enough. 4 is almost over kill.
    They've always done at least 3, except for seasons 1 and 3. I hope they cool it with everyone learning so many routines next season. Having to learn their own routines, group dances, team dances, and now possibly having to learn a dance with pros? I liked it back in the old days they did the freestyle, their favorite dance, and then the judges choice dance.

+ Reply to Thread